[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With no microwave/fridge/freezer/stove of any kind what food

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: 1280906352064.jpg (123KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1280906352064.jpg
123KB, 1280x720px
With no microwave/fridge/freezer/stove of any kind what food can you get from walmart to survive 2 weeks? All I can think of is junk food. Non healthy shit.
>>
Canned fruit.
Nuts.
>>
File: wasa-crispbread-sesame-34781.jpg (39KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
wasa-crispbread-sesame-34781.jpg
39KB, 200x200px
Sardines.
Wasa bread or crackers.
>>
Peanut butter.
>>
>>16515374
>>16515381
Thanks! Fucking how I forget my nuts.
I was thinking canned tuna too.
My brain coming alive again.
>>
You can just buy a microwave or a stove. Failing that, you can start a small, contained fire OUTSIDE and cook on that, provided you can get a surface to cook on (any steel grate or sheet will do.)
>>
>>16515364
easy
get a rice cooker for like 15 dollars, buy smallest amounts of meat/chicken possible (or use tunafish) and dump it in rice cooker with rice and canned vegetables. don't forget princella yams.
>>
File: 07201.gif (5KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
07201.gif
5KB, 100x100px
Spam. Other canned meat.
Canned tuna.
Granola bars.
Cereal, eat it with water or dry.
Condensed milk.
>>
>>16515390
Going to be flown to a certain facility, no stove and definitely no fire of any kind. I'm trying to find out if there is a safe area with a microwave, but it seems highly unlikely. Was thinking maybe frozen food would be an option with an ice chest if they had a microwave.
>>
File: Kotobuki_Ebi_inverted.png (31KB, 515x515px) Image search: [Google]
Kotobuki_Ebi_inverted.png
31KB, 515x515px
And although you say nothing unhealthy, chocolate and beef jerky are very useful in camping type situations.
>>
>>16515406
Oh hell yea there will be some jerky and chocolate. Just can't survive on it alone. I'm borderline anorexic as it is. So hoping this doesn't kill me.
>>
Okay, going to hit that walmart, Thanks again breh
>>
Canned baked beans are the clsssic traditional hobo-meal for a reason. The only problem is that they are heavy. You'd be better off w8th trail mixes and such, if you're going to be spending most of this time outdoors.

If you have some time to prepare, look up different recipes for pemmican. Stuff's lightweight, keeps almost forever, and will keep you going better than the jerky will, but it takes time to make.

If you have an idea of exactly where you're going, though, then the big thing to bring is a field guide to the local flora and fauna. Foraging takes more time onsite, but you can travel lighter, and if you're doing what I think you're doing, you'll wow the crowd.
>>
>>16515659
Yep, you kind of have an idea.
There is a weight limit as well so most of the stuff I got in boxes and I will pull them out.
Have a weight limit on the stuff I can bring too so I have to weigh my bags and shit.

I have a chance to get that book from Barnes and Noble next to the walmart tomorrow. Sitting in hotel till the schedule is drawn.

Thanks
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.