[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bad at coping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: elena-crying-again.gif (1003KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
elena-crying-again.gif
1003KB, 500x276px
>watch shark tale with brother
>mom's cell rings, it's my aunt, she's crying
>mom starts crying, it's my cousin who's been in a car crash
>apparently he was trapped in the car, it started burning and he couldn't get out
>he was conscious during the entire thing and didn't get rescued until the fire was put out
>condition critical, 3rd degree burns on 40% of his body, multiple serious fractures and he may not make it
>grew up with him, love him to death, he's my family, my cousin
>not really coping well with this...
>celebrating my birthday tomorrow, not really feeling like it...

I suck at coping with family tragedies, because it really messes me up... What should I do? Any advice?
>>
I'm sorry. I'm not really good at it either but you deserve a bump
>>
>>16510930
Thank you, kind anon.
>>
>>16510767

Talk about it with your family and any of your closest friends. Find things to occupy your time and FORCE yourself to do them. If you smoke pot, do that, it'll help immensely.
>>
I'm sorry anon. I guess the best thing you can do is just be around your family at a time like this. Maybe postpone your birthday celebrations (if you have any) until after all this is over? Just focus on the important stuff right now.
>>
>>16510767
how long ago did this happen?
seriously, there is no coping well with that kind of thing. it's not like grandma died, something horrifying has happened to your family. visit him often and try and keep from falling apart in front of the aunt. no one expects anybody to keep a 'stiff upper lip' anymore. that went out when people started realizing they had feelings.
>>
>>16510946
>>16510953
>>16510957
It happened Thursday night and we were told Friday morning. And thank you all 3. Sadly I cannot visit him but my mom will visit the hospital Wednesday. He's currently in a highly protected chamber due to the 3rd degree burns and something else. Only the immediate family, meaning his parents, are allowed to go inside. I've been praying for him and lighting candles, hoping for some kind of miracle that'd let him get through this.
>>
>>16510981
you're doing everything you're supposed to.
>>
*hug*
>>
>>16510767
Only time will heal it. Don't expect too much of yourself - there's nothing you can actually do but be there for him. If you are religious maybe a talk with priest might help. At least it helped my grandma get over my grandpa's death. You can also see a therapist, they can be of great help in such situations.
I'm really sorry for you and your family. Stay together, support each other. Wishing you a happy birthday nevertheless - I keep my fingers crossed for your cousin to make it and celebrate with you after he's out from the hospital. <3 They have incredible techniques for restoring damaged skin now, I wish you with all my heart they can heal your beloved cousin.
>>
>>16511000
I guess I'm just feeling like I should do more, but I know you're right.
>>16511011
*hug*
>>16511064
I'll certainly do what I can to keep us all together and to get through this by supporting each other. Your kind words are really really really appreciated.
>>
>>16510981
Dont smoke pot only if you're sure you're gonna have a good time tho. Or else, it'll intensify shit feels
>>
>>16510767
cry if you need to. Spend as much time as you can with your cousin at the hospital. Right now dont try to hide your feelings, but if you cant cope later (cant give you a time frame cause it really depends on you) you should see a therapist. And look for someone you can talk about this. Spend some time alone as well so you can understand your feelings and cry if needed.

Also if you dont feel like celebrating your birthday dont do it. You will feel bad, and the celebration may make you feel worst.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.