[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/, i know you guys usually have relationship threads

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1447533351638.jpg (368KB, 800x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1447533351638.jpg
368KB, 800x1600px
Hey /adv/, i know you guys usually have relationship threads but i have a different question for you today.

Im 19 and have gotten into lockpicking pretty big. Bought a lockpick set off amazon and practiced on cheap padlocks and the door to my house, and have gotten ok at it

My question is why shouldnt i steal shit? The area a mile away from me is full of normal families where the kids are out at school all day and the parents are at work. Nearly all of them have electronic stuff thats easy to sell.

Also any tips for those who dont want to give me a moral lecture. Already feel bad thinking of the idea of stealing a kids favourite game, but im pretty sure he could buy another copy.
>>
>>16510680
because when the cops finally do catch up with you, and they will unless you get shot by some homeowner, you're going to be in for a nice long prison term somewhere and a felony conviction that will hang around with you for the rest of your life
>>
>>16510697
Im from england sweetie, our cops dont carry guns and our home owners dont have guns. Plus prison sentances over here and pretty leaniant.

Thanks for your post though, is perfect for those who are doing this in america
>>
>>16510707
TIL no one in england fights back
>>
>>16510769
Well i wwas planning on going in when no one was home. It seems kinda fuckin stupid, bit i did think about knocking on the door beforehand to see if they are home too.

Id probably run and change clothes if they saw mw while i was inaise.
>>
>>16510785
yeah but there's nothing preventing some homeowner from figuring out you only hit houses at certain times of day and waiting for you with a nail bat.
plus, isn't england the land of the security camera?
>>
>>16510680
Because you'll realize that material possessions don't make you any happier and you'll have sold out your integrity as a good man only to be disappointed with the payoff.
>>
>>16510707
Then get beaten with a blunt object. Happy?
>>
>>16510785
if you are this naive and lack the ability to formulate a plan, you don't need to try b&e, youll be caught
>>
>>16510843
Mainly london and cities. The area i want to hit has shit security. Some rentals have timed alams but thats it.
>>
>>16510880
still haven't figured out the problem of not getting caught by the cops when they figure out what's going on or getting the shit beaten out of you when some homeowner connects the dots and is waiting.
>>
>why would I not be a nigger?
>>
>>16510888
True. To be honest ill probably just stick to lockpicking as a hobby.
>>
If you want to live by damaging others, you can fuck off from /adv/. You don't deserve advice or any other form of social support. People help each other for mutual profit and by stealing you're losing that benefit.
>>
You are not the first, or last person to think or do this. Here is what will happen, assuming you live in a moderately sized town as you seem to imply. You will pick the lock of some house or other, take their expensive shit and drive to london to sell it. You will succeed at this a number of times. Eventually a curtain-twitcher will see you carrying away your loot and report to the police what kind of identity concealer you were wearing. Any reasonable detective will check the back accounts of people who bought whatever it is you are wearing around the time you first started to see any significant increases in funds. Or perhaps you think you'll use something you already have, until someone you know recognises it and reports you to the police, or the police will find a radius of where you operate and search houses where you likely will be and find it and, consequently, you. Or you'll just trip and alarm. It will not work.
>>
>>16510933
Well im glad someone took the time to say it all properly, thanks. Ill stick to picking open padlocks ive bought. Its a fun little hobby.
>>
>>16510933
>>16510949
This is nonsense. What this guy proposes is that somehow out of the dozens of banks with millions of customers the police will be able to track down that time you bought a black hoodie/hat. Few things wrong with that:

1. Banks don't track items purchased.
2. Transactional data is wiped after about a year depending.
3. You're not the only one buying those items.
4. Unless a brand is identified(and it very rarely ever is outside of giant logos on the clothing) there is no way to track where an item was bought from.

The chance of you being discovered this way is close to impossible and is never the way most burglars are caught either. I'd be much more afraid of being caught while trying to sell an item and when you do.

The image says to try to sell your shit off fast. If you already have a track record of theft and don't pay caution to how you handle your deals, selling quick and in a series is a good way to get caught in a sting.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.