[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2 weeks ago I realized out of the blue I've fallen in love

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: clownsuicide.jpg (42KB, 587x464px) Image search: [Google]
clownsuicide.jpg
42KB, 587x464px
2 weeks ago I realized out of the blue I've fallen in love with my best female friend who I've known for over a year now.
Fuck this, what do I do now?
>>
Anon, I had the same situation happen to me with a best female friend who I've known for 6-7 years.

Do you think your friendship can handle it if you tell her and she's not interested? If so, that makes it easy. Just talk to her. Remember she's your best friend and doesn't want to hurt you at all.

What you really have to ask yourself is if you're willing to never tell her how you feel. By doing so you're not gambling the friendship, but you'll have to handle these feelings of love you have every time you see her.

I personally told my best friend and it turned out well. We're not dating because of distance (I'm in uni, she's in our hometown), but we've been on a date and are more intimate with each other now. Best of luck anon!
>>
File: url.gif (741KB, 430x250px) Image search: [Google]
url.gif
741KB, 430x250px
Fucking tell her the truth
>>
>>16510558
If you're both mature enough to handle it then explain the situation to her. Either she's open to the possibility of a relationship, or she likes you but is just nor romantically into you, in which case you will, believe it or not, have a much easier and less stressful time if you know for sure it was never an option.
>>
>>16510646
>>16510681
To be honest, I'm quite sure she is mature enough to deal with it, but I'm unsure about myself. I am an intelligent guy, but socially autistic, especially with girls.
But you're right, I'll try to muster up the courage to tell her
>>
>>16510558
Give us more background man. How close you two are? Both single? Is she into you, you reckon?
>>
>>16510704
> I am an intelligent guy, but socially autistic, especially with girls
She's not 'a girl', though. She's your friend. Surely you can be at least slightly at ease with your friend?
>>
>>16510704

I'm >>16510646

It's your best friend though, you're making it harder than it has to be. I just told my friend I had to talk to her about something and said something along the lines of "Listen...you're smart, beautiful, and amazing and I think I'm falling in love with you." You don't have to be amazing with words, just communicate your feelings clearly to your friend.
>>
>>16510715
Yeah I am, but that's exactly what I'm afraid to lose. I'm afraid how it would hurt if she would just turn away from me
...Wow, I'm surprised how fucking pathetic that sounds
>>
>>16510711
K
>both single
>both 20
>I'm a virgin (not kissless though) , I don't think she is
>how we met: she came up to me after we had started uni and asked if I knew how to solve some statistics problem
Well she likes me at least as a friend, and when one of the other guys in our study group asked why she came up to me in the first place since we didn't know each other, she said I looked like I knew my shit and was kinda cute
Not sure if I'm reading too much into this
>>
>>16510763
Alright, let's attempt a little thought exercise and reverse your perspective her for a second.

Suppose you have a ladyfriend. You like her and enjoy spending time with her, but you just don't feel anything for her romantically. One day she confesses to you.

Now, what is your response? Do you try and let her down easy because you like her, don't want to hurt her and still want to be friends, but simply can't see yourself in a relationship with her? Or do you "just turn away"?

...You don't do the last one, right? Because that's fucking crazy. You wouldn't do that. No-one in their right mind would do that. It's a completely irrational response, and thus a completely irrational fear. If you're both mature enough you should easily be able to move one with your lives without separating.
>>
>>16510816
You're right.
It's just that a friend of mine fell in love with her a year ago, so he was in the same situation I'm in now, and he had a lot more experience with girls than me.
Long story short, she told him she didn't feel the same and he doesn't hang out with the group anymore, at least not if she's there.
But that's just him being immature I guess.
>>
>>16510844
I suppose it's sort of dependant on your ability to convey that regardless of relationship status you would like to keep spending time with her because you enjoyed that long before you fell for her and still do.
>>
I can't help you but i'm just wondering how you and others suddenly realize you are in love with a friend? what has suddenly changed that you are now in love.
>>
>>16510874
Not OP, but I had this friend who I had no romantic interest in. She opened up to me about her issues, and helped me figure myself out, and I grew quite fond of her. She got engaged and was to move away, and about a week before she did I realised just how much I was going to miss her and realised that I might have started falling for her. However, I didn't have any regrets. I hadn't felt that way before she met her fiancé, and she was happy now, which was what mattered most to me.
>>
>>16510874
Well like this
>know each other for a year
>go out drinking, watch movies, whatever
>even get asked by friends if you would get with her, truthfully say no
>watch a series together, she leaves at around 10
>hug her and say goodbye
>stare after her for a good 10 seconds
>realize you're in love
>get angry at yourself
That's it. Just happens
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.