[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it acceptable for an introvert to drink unsocially? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Is it acceptable for an introvert to drink unsocially?

I'm a happy drunk. I feel delighted, serene and altogether have a great time when I drink, alone on my computer.

The problem here is, so was my dad. He died of his alcoholism when I was 17.

Is it ever acceptable to drink alone? If you enjoy getting drunk by yourself, are you necessarily an alcoholic?
>>
drinking socially/casually don't really qualify as separate things to me. no need to feel bad if you're doing it alone. just don't overdo it man.
>>
>>16510094
>Is it acceptable for an introvert to drink unsocially?
Unsocially? What does the "acceptable" stands for then?
I thought it was short for "socially acceptable" but in your case it can't be.

If it was, then... well, you answered your own question.

>If you enjoy getting drunk by yourself, are you necessarily an alcoholic?
Not on its own, but what you are describing may very well be.

It's a very thin line.
>>
the line between recreational user/addict can sometimes be ambiguous. The biggest sign is that you have trouble putting it down despite having negative consequences.

anyway, to answer your question, it's frowned upon by some to drink alone. Personally, I don't see the big deal in doing drugs/alcohol on your own, it can be a different and fun experience; you don't need to be surrounded by people or a person to have a fulfilling experience.
>>
>>16510185
>are you necessarily an addict?
No. Are you a pizza addict because you like eating pizza alone? Are you a pothead because you like smoking weed alone? Are you a sociopath because you like being alone?
>>
>>16510094
It is acceptable, but the way you describe it makes it look as if you're planning to drink any given night you spend alone on your computer.

It's very possible that a couple of months from here, you'll be spending 7 days a week drinking and browsing, alone. I wouldn't risk it, especially given your family history.
>>
>>16510185
Does anxiety about other peoples' (mostly imaginary) negative reactions count as a consequence, given that one is already dealing with mental illness?
>>
>>16510212
You shouldn't use substances recreationally if you're mentally ill. It never ends well. I can already tell you're on your way brother, gl
>>
no one gave a shit about me doing it.
I'd rather drink alone and not with others, i am in more control at home.

People sort of do worry for my health though. if your dad was an alcoholic, it runs in the genes. Better to stop it completely for good health.
>>
>>16510226
>>16510227
My mum gives a shit for that exact reason.

I just don't know what else I'd do. I don't have any hobbies or interests I'd enjoy in and on itself, and I don't know any other way to make shit happen.
>>
>>16510238
theres gonna be nights youre drunk and wish you had something else to do anyway.
keep yourself available.

gotta change your perspective and outlook so you can find joy in activities you maybe didnt consider before.
>>
>>16510256
I don't drink every night, not even every week, and never twice in a week. Usually I sit online sober.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.