[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When people talk about their retail, waitering jobs, why don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: burger king.jpg (79KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
burger king.jpg
79KB, 612x612px
When people talk about their retail, waitering jobs, why don't they talk about how they have to stand for the whole day? I think this is the worst aspect of being stuck in these jobs but for some reason these workers care more about other stuff.
>>
You get used to it.
>>
>>16508420
I did it for ten days and it was terrible.
>>
>>16508411
Are you obese? Are you old?
>>
>>16508477
Neither
It was very tiring though
>>
>>16508479

Get gels for your soles so that it doesn't hurt so much.
>>
>>16508411
>When people talk about their retail, waitering jobs, why don't they talk about how they have to stand for the whole day?

>>16508439
>I did it for ten days and it was terrible.

Ten days isn't enough time for you to build a bit of muscle and properly get used to it. I used to work in housekeeping for a hospital, and a huge part of my job was just running around tending to whoever needed supplies/stuff cleaned. Then at the end of the day, they had me cleaning the OR from top to bottom. My legs had never hurt so much, and in the 5 months I was there, it never got better. Now I work in a bakery, and I'd say I do a lot more running around, but my legs are finally used to it. With the right shoes (you need at least 1" of cushion) you can mitigate most of the pain. Diabetic socks also help to keep blood from pulling to your feet and swelling, if you're not able to elevate your feet periodically. Now my feet only hurt if I forget to trim my nails or something, but I take better care of myself now.
>>
>>16508479
I mean yeah it's not the most comfortable job, but standing all day is probably last on my list of why I dislike retail. Do you wear shoes with good foot support? Try leaning against something when you aren't busy instead of just locking your knees for hours. Good posture helps
>>
>>16508499
Really? It is not that bad?
>>16508502
What? I think standing all day is the worse thing about retail. What other factors do you hate more than? Shit boss? Long hours? Low pay? Dead-end job?
>>
>>16508509
Lol absolutely, all of those are at least twice as worse than "yeesh, my feet sure are sore!"
>>
>>16508411
Have you ever been to a restaraunt? Have you ever seen a waiter sitting down, shooting the shit? Because it goes without saying.

I was worked 4 nights as a bus boy for a catering hall 2 weeks ago. It was those fancy places. We rarley got to sit. We worked like 5 to 7 hours straight without sitting time. Your first night is the toughest but after you get use to it.
>>
>>16508509
>Really? It is not that bad?
Right. It just takes time and the proper shoes/care. I went from limping every day when I got home to being able to run a few miles.
>>
>>16508521
Can you find other secretary-teir jobs? At least you do not have to stand all day.
>>
>>16508530
You could look into working at a cell center or something administrative, like a secretary, but fuck that shit. The worst part of retail for me is customer interaction and answering the phone, so I'd personally like to get a data entry job or something similar.
>>
>>16508541
>customer interaction and answering the phone
Not at all. I think less than 10% of the customers are rude. Standing all days is much worse
>>
>>16508552
Ye most people aren't rude, but I hate small talk and being forced to recite sales bullshit to customers and feeling forced to be extroverted. It drains me beyond anything else and it makes me sad.
>>
standing is healthier than sitting. if you werent a fat neckbeard youd realize this. its also catching on in office culture as well
>>
>>16508568
I don't mind it. It's just that my boss expects me to do even more small talk.
>>
>>16508618
Kek. You try and stand still for 12 hours fag. Security guard here, we always have 9 to 12h shifts just standing in one fucking spot, it's hell. Not only because of standing though, mostly it's just boring af.
Be happy if you have anything to do at your job in the first place.
>>
>>16508657
that doesnt have anything to do with what i said fag hat. boredom isnt something retail, waiters, etc have to deal with also, i work security sitting in a truck watching movies on my laptop and playing video games get on my level. also i do that shit anyways on my days off
>>
>>16508411
because at least they have enough money to survive and this is the least of their concerns
>>
>>16508411
If you're not moving in some way the job is not done, plus the stress of having to clear lines of people in a fast food position is worse and can sometimes get to you on the 10th hour (especially with drunk idiots).

I don't mind standing up for my retail job, I'm just never fucking going back to fast food.
>>
>>16509397
>I don't mind standing up for my retail job
kek retail is just as shit
>>
>>16508411
Been working retail since I was 17, 22 now and standing isn't a problem.
>>
>>16509397
>>16509400
This thread is making me glad I have an office job.
>>
>>16508411
found the fatty, I would rather stand for 8 hours than sit for 2 something the school system needs to figure out
>>
>>16508411
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75p1cFIf47w
>>
Bruh... load packages into semi trucks for UPS, you'll have to stand the whole time...
That becomes not even a problem.

You do realize that hunter-gatherers probably were on their feet basically all day, right? We... evolved for this?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.