[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 24 and I've realized I've alienated pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Druid feelings.jpg (70KB, 540x439px) Image search: [Google]
Druid feelings.jpg
70KB, 540x439px
I'm 24 and I've realized I've alienated pretty much all the friends I had over the years except for my three closest ones. It's extremely hard for me to move beyond "acquaintance" with people. I don't really know why. Eventually I get tired and want to be alone or I feel moody on a given day and don't wanna talk to anyone and so I fail to maintain a relationship. I've been working at a place for over a year filled with people my age and haven't made a single legit friend.

Does anyone else have trouble making friends?
>>
>>16507866
Pretty much same here. It doesn't bother me too much though
>>
>>16507885

A lot of times I think "I wouldn't be happy being surrounded by people anyway," but others I feel like I'm missing out on so much stuff by staying home and playing video games all the time.
>>
this is actually me irl

i guess it doesnt get better, im 22 and have the same feeling
>>
>>16507866
27 and I'm like this, some work 'friends' invited me down the pub. It was ok, I could just take it or leave it.

I just prefer being alone.
I do worry I'm missing out in life
especially on love and work. It's all about networking for work and being introduced to someone to find love.

I've been thinking of going to a social club for a D&D social group but I never get round to it
>>
>>16507866
I feel ya. I'm 33 and it just gets harder and harder to make friends. You basically need to completely leave your comfort zone if you ever want to change.
>>
File: 1448560483313.png (191KB, 431x441px) Image search: [Google]
1448560483313.png
191KB, 431x441px
>graduate college
>move back home
>never see friends ever again
>>
>>16507866
Yeah, Anon, I'm also 24 and just a while ago in class I saw many groups talking about all sorts of things. Makes me think: "Well, it's always like this, every time there's people I could meet, I make myself end up in the corner looking at my phone or just doing nothing."

But you know what? It can't be helped. My interests are just that different from the average Joe's. If it's people online who share the shit I like to do, I get along with them just fine.

Do you share things with the people you want to be friends with? Just wanting to have more friends is good, but hey, anybody can be friends with anybody if they watch the match every week and watch the latest shitty movies and read the latest shitty books. Otherwise, it's not as easy. Maybe it just happens that your interests plainly don't match?
>>
>>16508027

It's true that it's not easy to find people with my interests, usually I can find one thing or two in common but once we go over that topic there's a lot of awkward silences and staring at phones.

But in general other people seem to have much higher social energy and willingness to engage than I do, even my actual friends tease for being quiet and unapproachable
>>
This is pretty much just how it is in the adult world. You only ever have a handful of true friends in your life.
>>
>>16508027
>>16508059
what are your interest anons?
>>
>>16508108
(Not OP.)
Japanese pop media, but after so many years I'm so deep down the rabbit hole I read untranslated visual novels and play the untranslated games I couldn't play before. Good luck finding people who know these. Good luck finding people who don't think it's outright weird, even, haha.
Music too, I have a humongous collection, I love music, but mainly obscure stuff, lots of it from Japan. Not that I don't enjoy some popular artists like ELO very much, but I'm far, far from passionate about the artists "everybody" knows.
Also Austrian economics. Don't even need to comment here.

I guess all of us are open to having nice conversations about any topic, but if you don't into sports, the popular TV series, or the newest casual videogames/cardgames, there's just not enough to get the ball rolling. It just stops at acquaintances.

Or maybe it's just me, maybe everybody else can get friends without sharing much stuff. Who knows.
>>
>>16508202
>Austrian economics
I don't even

>Japanese pop media
you would think there might be Japanese social clubs around, even if its just for Japanese speakers. I'm not into it but I just googled to see if there's one local to me (as an experiment) and there was.

I tend to make small talk about TV/films shows, usually in the nerd culture. even then I tend to stick to the mainstream stuff like Star wars.

a while back I realised that I'm lost my passion for things, I think it might have to do something which involves getting off my ass.
>>
>>16508249

I'm not the person you responded to but at least for me this advice doesn't work, not being able to connect with people goes beyond incompatible interests, it's more like I have different social needs from everyone else because I have a much lower resistance to socializing and shit
>>
>>16508249
Nah, I don't care about Japanese people more than about other kinds of people. That's the thing, most people who like these things, even after entering their 20s, like it because it's so new and quirky and "exotic" and stuff. It's pretty annoying in a way. I can't deal with that. I mean, I learned the goddamn language, it couldn't be anything further from exotic for me. I can't get along with people who are all about the sushi and the kimono and the kanji and... Well, you know. I just like talking to people about the actual products, not about how Japanese they are. I have Internet friends for this, but in real life it'd be impossible, moreso in my small country.

By Austrian economics I mean the Austrian School of economics, of course. So I can't even talk economics/politics without 99% of politically-minded people exploding at me.

>>16508249
That's also a problem. It feels like the threshold for socializing is lower than you'd want it to be, no? You find yourself being drained even if you want to keep going.
I suppose it gets better with practice?
>>
>>16508334
Meant to quote >>16508289 of course.
>>
>>16508289
I don't know what to say, I prefer to be alone myself but I'm worried It will hinder my worklife and close oppurtunities, otherwise I wouldn't bother. honestly
>>
>>16507866
I solved this problem by basically becoming interested in what other people were interested in. I pretty much exclude people really into sports entirely because that is something I don't have a lot of flexibility on, but most other topics are interesting enough if you get into them.

Also I have a fondness for music which is one of the big three (sports, tv, music).

Second, if they're more TV focused I can usually bear to hear them talk about it, so it's never a huge deal, but I've also found most people have interests beyond the three *but they are reluctant to talk about them because they think it's some how embarrassing/weird*

Just some things I learned, dunno if it'll work for everyone.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.