[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEET and Shut-In Advice Thread (Version 119)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 12

File: 1434517160611-1.jpg (432KB, 1080x769px) Image search: [Google]
1434517160611-1.jpg
432KB, 1080x769px
Welcome to the NEET and Shut-in advice thread!
(Version 119, running since Oct. 31st, 2013)

Happy Thanksgiving, ameriNEETs/shut-ins (not that there are many here). We can all be honorary Americans today.

>NEETmap
https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1663835

>Chat
http://chat.mibbit.com/#[email protected]

>IRC help:
http://pastebin.com/Pi8EqVaX

>Conversation Starters and Past Topics:
http://pastebin.com/KFe5MQE2

>Helpful Links and Resources:
http://pastebin.com/ygPwDUk4

>NEETworkout:
Tuesday, Thursday 8pm EST -http://s_ynchtu.be/r/neetadv(no underscore)

>Web Development Lessons
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEy1CySNG4fiQZ82Qa0PYHA
>>
Old bread:
>>16466233
>>
Is my thread not worth anything?
>>16503290
>>
File: image%3A5887.png (157KB, 864x702px) Image search: [Google]
image%3A5887.png
157KB, 864x702px
>>16504252
Not enough adulation
>>
>>16504263
It had a brilliant reference to Taxi Driver and social isolation in the title.
>>
>>16504279
But seriously I'm psyched about how great my models are coming out lately. I think maybe I'm actually good now and belong maybe with other artists
>>
>>16504304

This thread is way too broken and I'm going to be gone by the time this one dies. Please use this thread instead. If you want to post the thread from here please use the content in the new thread I just made. Thanks.
>>
>>16504319

Oh, there are three threads now, I thought this was the other thread. *sighs* Oh well. Let the best thread live.
>>
File: stop.png (5KB, 266x86px) Image search: [Google]
stop.png
5KB, 266x86px
>refresh my filter
>see this

fucking stop
>>
>>16504370
>>16504237
they are mad because I keep telling them this:
>NEET and Shut-In Advice
>by other NEETs and shut-Ins
kek

seriously, go to a psychologist or something. psychologists are bullshitter... but at least you'd have someone to talk to
>>
>>16504393
fucking seriously, better than talking to crazy people and encouraging your shitty crazy dickishness
>>
Truckerfag, can you remove the link to my web lessons from the next thread? Let's use this one as the official thread. I didn't see it when I posted mine and you have the bears going at least. haha
>>
NEETworkout starts in 10mins

http://s_ynchtu.be/r/neetadv
>>
>>16504443
Sure thing, brotato.
>tfw I almost made this a RIP ten thread

>>16504252
You didn't remove the forum, progress the thread count correctly, update the workout times, or post the new thread link in the old thread.
>>
File: neetscum.jpg (993KB, 1259x1080px) Image search: [Google]
neetscum.jpg
993KB, 1259x1080px
>>16504237
Get a job, you bums.
>>
>>16504476
I got a job. Just got no friends.
>>
>>16504476
no u
>>
>>16504453

>go the extra mile to do the workout on thanksgiving
>get rewarded with a crippling migraine

-_-
>>
>>16504575
you sure youre going to be able to leave? you keep saying you are but youve been tripping constantly lately
>>
>>16504764

If I'm still tripping after the 7th send help.
>>
>>16504853
Noted. Good luck with the new job (?).
>>
>>16505967

Yeah, that's when I start my new job. It's not the reason I'm leaving but I won't have time to post here even if I wanted. I've done all that I can here anyway so it's time to go regardless of my current employment status.

I still have my last NEET community web lesson on the 30th at 1pm EST which will be focused on using Bootstrap to make responsive websites.
>>
I'm afraid I'm becoming neet.
>>
>>16506350

Why?
>>
Bump for neets.
>>
>>16506350
lost your job?
dropping out?
>>
Friday nights are so painful.
>>
>>16507395
I can totally agree with that.

- Milk
>>
>>16504476
>Implying dank memes aren't culture
>>
ive stopped being neet a year ago and am kicking ass at life
ask me anything you want to know for yourself
>>
Learning how to get by with no friends again has been rough. NEET life is total shit.
>>
Is there an age cap to being a NEET?
>>
>>16507912

Probably 40 I'd say then you're just a fucking failure.

I'm getting a little too close to it for my liking.
>>
>>16507395
It's even worse when you come home from a shitty job late at night watching people just starting their night.
>>
>>16507933

Ha, yeah, at my last job I worked downtown and I'd leave late at night on Friday nights and see everyone all dressed up to do whatever the hell they do in the city. So yeah, I know what you mean.
>>
>>16507873
again?
>>
>>16504237
why do people become neets? y'all are losers
>>
>>16504237
A part of me wants to better myself and go out and live a normal life, have a job, apartment..

but also, just sitting here doing nothing all day feels so right, I can do whatever I want when I want and no one knows where I am.

>liveingfshousenooneelseliveshere

its the perfect situation but one day it will end but I wish i could fucking enjoy it in this moment.. get drunk whenever, fuck whenever, smoke pot whenever.. paint.. watch tv.. listen to music.. go for a walk..go to the beach.. repeat..
>>
>>16508294

This isn't the first time I've been friendless and probably won't be the last. This is just the first time that losing my one friend was my fault so it's a little harder this time around. I can blame it on being NEET again and I can blame it on past events stressing me out to the point of insanity but it's still my fault in the end.

Making friends is such a slow process for me, I'm not sure if it's even worth the effort at this point since losing them is all too easy.
>>
>>16508332
social problems, health problems, education problems, bad timing in life, terrible social education from parents, ...
there are many reasons
>>
>>16508356
leeching off your parents is a sign of laziness
>>
>>16508332

I'm just...alone...
>>
File: 1429128023248.jpg (42KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1429128023248.jpg
42KB, 500x375px
>Spent the years as a NEET
>did absolutely nothing during that time
>21yr old KV skinnyfat loser

My life is over.
>>
>>16508393
three*
>>
How does thread feel about socially fucked trans girls?
>>
I'm technicall not a NEET anymore, but I still have social anxiety/ depression problems.

I was a NEET for maybe 2/3 years. After High school I went straight to college and then dropped out because of shitty grades. After doing absolutely nothing for years I went back to college. I made some friends I guess, although now that we don't have classes together I've stopped talking to them.

I have a job, but it's very stressful. I have to answer phones and talk to people daily. To be honest I want to quit, but I'm too scared to tell my supervisor I want to quit and I like having extra money. I don't even know how I got this job in the first place.

NEET life wasn't so bad. I realize that not having friends isn't really that bad, and having a job sucks, but I hate feeling worthless so I guess this is the better of the two.
>>
If someone loves you, just one person, then your life is worth living to the fullest. Do the best you can and love yourself. I love you so don't give up. That is all.
>>
>>16509242
Does pedwiepie love you anon? Do you watch all his videos too?
>>
>>16509242

thanks anon ;_;
>>
>>16509020

Keep looking for other jobs and try to hold on to this one as long as you can. As long as it isn't driving you insane then you should be ok. If you feel like you're ready to snap then it's time to leave. I made the mistake of hanging around to the point of snapping and it was a bad decision which ended up causing reverberations in other areas of my life.

Having no friends is pretty shit but you can learn to live with it after awhile. The hard part is making a good friend then losing them then having to get back into the 'no friends' mindset once you get used to having one around.
>>
sometimes my imagination goes wild and i think of all the ways my life is going to shit all at once.
>>
>>16510205
I was wondering if committing suicide in front people, say jumping off a bridge, is egotistical rather than in privacy, say slitting your wrists in the bath tub.
>>
I fucking hate /r9k/
>>
>>16510408
same. i made the mistake of showing my friend r9k as a joke when moot brought it back because he was new to 4chan. now he's a huge fucking faget because of it. shit makes me sad and on multiple occasions i've thought about cutting him off from my life.
>>
>>16508659
>socially fucked trans girls
What is that?

Is it qt? I hope it's qt.
>>
Webcomicfag from last thread here.
I fell down Metapedia's rabbit hole since then.

To the guy that was talking about using CGI, your idea was to get me to design characters for you to build and charge for them?
Sounds good but I have no idea about how that works.
>>
>>16510431

Does he call you senpai?
>>
File: 1447823491449.jpg (137KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
1447823491449.jpg
137KB, 803x688px
Morbidly obese neet here

well for the first time in my life i think i have the opportunity for a job. an old friend of my mom got her last week and my mom told her if she could get me one too and so she told me to apply.

i want to work extremely badly so i can stop being a neet, but the thing is i honestly do not know if i can last 8 hours standing up.

they told me to apply for the front desk or linen (it's at a hotel) positions.

what if i get the job and then can't handle standing/walking around for 8 hours? i would have to quit and then i'd make my mom and her friend look bad

i started losing weight last month (down 20lbs atm) but i still have a long way to go before i can stand up for long periods

i hate myself so fucking much right now
>>
>>16511003

Eh I meant does he call you senpai?

For some reason my phone autocorrected to senpai, don't ask me how I'm a total nub.
>>
>>16511026
Wordfilter, I forget for what though.
>>
>>16511026
OH I guess f a m is being replaced by senpai by 4chan
>>
>>16511022
Don't quit. You lost 20 lbs over the course of a month. That's too good a start to stop.
>>
>>16511039
I don't even know how f a m got popular on 4chan anyway. It is/was London slang.
>>
>>16511143
*nigger slang
>>
>>16504476
>pic
>hurr what is proust
>>
>>16511143
>>16511173

I should have known f a m was created by fucking brits.
>>
>>16511022

Keep losing weight, that should be your main priority over getting a job. if you need motivation you should join the NEETworkout with me and bread, we could use someone else to keep things interesting. The time and location are in the OP if you feel like it's something you'd be interested in doing.
>>
File: image_5.jpg (22KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
image_5.jpg
22KB, 493x402px
>Dropped out because of eating disorder, anxiety, being abused
>NEET for 8 years
>Finally getting GED next month
>Going to college next semester
>Mfw

Wish me luck you guys.
>>
>>16511597
Ganbatte, anon.
>>
>>16511173
I guess no part of 4chan is actually racist-free.
>>
>>16511544
>>16511131
Thanks guys. The neet workout thing looks very interesting. Could definitely help me stay motivated. Do I need any equipment for the workout? i'm poor as fuck and can't afford anything like that.
>>
>>16511685

It's all body weight workout, mostly pushups and situps, we do some passion4profession youtube videos together in our synchtube channel. If you have a yoga mat it helps. The next one is on Tuesday at 8pm EST. If we can get some more people doing it like the old days maybe we can up it to 3 days a week again.
>>
>>16511712
i actually do have a yoga mat that my mom gave me. ill be there on tuesday for sure.
>>
>>16511720

Sounds good, I hope to see you there.
>>
>>16507959
> everyone all dressed up to do whatever the hell they do in the city.

Yeah, it's odd that I still don't know what people not trapped behind a monitor get up to.

It's Saturday night now and another one spent behind a monitor.

Ever so slightly glad that I stopped working Friday/Saturdays nights, way too depressing.
>>
>>16511746

>It's Saturday night now and another one spent behind a monitor.

I'm right there with you.

Also, my new job specifically required me to be able to work one day every other weekend at least. Needless to say I'm not thrilled.
>>
>>16511783

Whoops, forgot to remove my trip. :|
>>
Anyone got their christmas planned out already? I'm going downtown to this good bar i know and i'm going to get fucked up.

going to save up money so i can afford to stay out all night drinking on Christmas.

that may sound depressing but for the last 4 years all i did for christmas was sit in front of my computer like any other day.

so for me going to a bar is going to be great, even though ill be going alone
>>
>>16506404
>>16507149
I feel like I am becoming neet.

Dropped out of college, no job, don't drive, I go out less and less, losing connection to friends, and losing motive.
I began to realize it when I dropped out this August, and even more so when I began to lose connection with friends.
Is there any way I can prevent this?
>>
File: mega nine tails model15.png (323KB, 1269x657px) Image search: [Google]
mega nine tails model15.png
323KB, 1269x657px
>>16510996
ideally you would draw a craracter from front and side views but i can wing it with a 3/4, as long as you can design pokemons all is well, i just need to learn how to model for unity ut i can probably learn it in less than a week. Pic related, what im doing tonight
>>
>>16512164

How far into college did you make it? What's your GPA like? Are you in debt? Why did you drop out?

Try to stay connected to friends if you can. I know it's hard when you don't have any self-confidence and you feel like everything is going wrong around you though. Just try not to drag them down if you're feeling depressed, uncertain and anxious about yourself, it will just make them fade out even faster.
>>
It's the 29th of November again and it's no easier this year than it was six years ago. I can only imagine the disappointment on his face if he knew how badly I have fucked up since then.
>>
>>16513313
even without a trip its still plain this thread is mostly your blog
>>
File: mega nine tails model22.png (199KB, 599x588px) Image search: [Google]
mega nine tails model22.png
199KB, 599x588px
>>16513505
and i though this was my personal fan club
>>
>>16513299
Second year in college. My GPA went from a 3.8 to 3.2. I used to take 4 classes last year, this year I was hardly able to take one. When I saw my GPA drop, I got very demotivated.
I plan to go back this coming spring semester, but I'm afraid I'm fail again.
>>
>>16513505
fuck off pegasus, without your trip you are still a faggot!
>>
>>16513505

I'm guilty of blogging with that last comment but really this thread is just super dead and I'm out of places to vent. I used to post things like this all the time when it was more active and no one noticed. Once this next web lesson is finished I doubt you'll see me posting much more anyway.
>>
>>16513926

That's a big drop but you're still above a 3.0. How many classes are you taking in the spring? What's happening to screw up your focus on school or are you just burned out at this point?
>>
>>16514136

I don't think >>16513505 is pegasus, it's most likely this person >>16504764 who has been pointing out my screw ups in the past two threads. I think they mean well. -_-
>>
>>16513505
This place is mostly about venting, not real advice is actually given.
>>
>>16514511
Advice is always given but never taken
>>
how many roads must a man walk down?
>>
Just a reminder that my last NEET community web lesson will be held tomorrow at 1pm EST. This lesson will focus on using Bootstrap to create responsive websites and will also include some advanced CSS that wasn't covered in the previous lessons. While this will be the last NEET community affiliated lesson I will still be continuing to do these lessons in the future on my own.

If you're interested in participating in the live portion of it you will need to have both teamspeak and teamviewer. I'll drop the teamspeak server IP and teamviewer meeting id in the thread an hour before starting.
>>
File: 003.jpg (652KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
003.jpg
652KB, 2048x1536px
goodnight neets
>>
File: fcc.jpg (4KB, 211x250px) Image search: [Google]
fcc.jpg
4KB, 211x250px
>>16514136
>tfw my transition to anonymous has left fear in its wake

HAHA YES

NICE BLOG BRO
>>
>>16512164
you're already a neet you idiot
>>
>>16514185
I don't know, man. I'm just really depressed because I lost a friend I never wanted to lose, and my life is looking like complete shit too. The worst part about it is I had to break it off myself. I don't even want to continue taking classes. I lost all my drive and hope.
>>
>>16516105
How do I reverse it then? Or lessen it?
>>
>>16516200
First you look up what the acronym means.
Then, you do one of the things that isn't the N.
>>
>>16516286
/thread desu baka senpai
>>
what exactly do you guys think you need to do to get yourselves out of here?

I feel that I just need to send out more applications, just really put myself out there, ya know?
>>
>>16516396
I heard to go in and meet the manager after you sent your application, but I'm wondering if that's good advice. I feel like I'd just be wasting their time, or the only people there can't really help me.
>>
>>16516605
Calling typically suffices.
>>
>>16516196

It's hard losing a good friend but you can't let it eat away at you. You have to stay focused on yourself and your life. Fix the things that are within your ability to fix and just move on from the things that are out of your control. It's easier said than done but it's just life. People fade in and people fade out, it's the way world works. There will be other friends, I'm sure of it, so keep your chin up man.

I'm a firm believer that if you get yourself together the rest of your life will fall into place. Take the time you need to get your mind together though, don't try to force motivation. You have plenty of time before the spring semester to get yourself together.
>>
>>16514754
This

Most of you are just like anyone else and should be able to tackle adversity.
at least /jp/ is full of real retards. You guys just have no self discipline.
>>
Well I'm pretty bored. What do you guys do with your day besides 4 Chan? I'm burned out of both healthy and unhealthy hobbys
>>
>>16517383

Are you NEET?
>>
>>16517395
Yeah, I have been for some years. I normally keep busy with something be it practicing my hobby's, browsing here or binge watching/playing/listening to shit but right now I'm clueless as what to do
>>
>>16517404

I guess you don't have any incentive to not be NEET? Are you comfortable with your current situation or are you happy with things are but just are tired of being bored?
>>
>>16517414
I'm in between things right now, I have no desire to work because I'm still not qualified to do what I want yet. I'm going to resume my learning in a couple of months when courses open up again. I keep myself busy because when I go a few weeks with nothing to do I get depreswed
>>
>>16517414
I'm not usually bored, I have a couple of time demanding hobbys
>>
>>16511022
>what if i get the job and then can't handle standing/walking around for 8 hours? i would have to quit and then i'd make my mom and her friend look bad
This should be enough incentive for you to hold onto your job, if your connections can get you one.

The walking will help you lose more weight too, but you should keep at the weight loss before. Maybe you can lose enough before you start that walking won't be hard on your knees.

>>16511597
Good luck, anon. Always believe in yourself. Remember what you have accomplished when the going gets tough.

>>16511609
LOL! Nope...

>>16514274
No, it's that anon that was posting the crappy models 2 or 3 months ago.
>>
File: image%3A5911.png (176KB, 693x626px) Image search: [Google]
image%3A5911.png
176KB, 693x626px
>>16517432
Hey that faggot has nothing to do with my beautiful art, for your information I left this shithole for a while
>>
>>16517422
>>16517426

I understand where you're coming from since I did something similar myself to get the job I thought I wanted. If you don't have anything to do you should probably focus on working towards getting that job that you want. Self teaching in your free time will make college a lot easier once you get started.
>>
>>16517453
>self teaching
I kind of have problems with this, I'm more of a doer than a learner. I enjoy getting my hands on anything more than opening a book, that's why I could never learn to code
>>
>>16517460

I kind of thought that doers kind of learn as they go instead of learning first then applying later.

You don't need to open a book to learn how to code. I mean, there are some good books out there that are worth reading but you can get started with basic things pretty quickly with just a few hours of prep.

But eh, I'm not going to push coding because I know how taxing it can be once you have a job doing it.
>>
>>16517467
It's more about getting stuck then powering through then getting more stuck and then wasting an entire day trying to fix it and hating yourself until you either manage or give up. In some ways practice is just as important as theory but I can't deny there are a thousand tools and modifyers I wish I knew how to use
>>
That feel when you can draw [spoiler]furry art[/spoiler] good but no idea how to get commissions.
I feel like I have the key to a non-NEET life but still working from home but just have no fucking idea where to start
>>
>>16517481

hahaha, yeah I know how that goes, I've spent entire days fixing a simple issue that could have been fixed in five seconds. It's pretty frustrating but unfortunately it's part of the learning process. It helps having someone to work with or a friend who is interested in your hobby to make it not so painful.
>>
>>16517488
Spent an entire month fucking up and my work went from a 3/10 to an 8/10 because of a single tool I was supposed to know how to use all along. Could probably reach 10/10 if I knew a couple more too but I don't know what exactly is that I need to use
Not skilled enough to detect important mistakes but lucky enough to fix them anyways 9 out of 10 times
>>
>>16517484

I had a friend who used to make money from drawing lewd furry art. I can't remember which site she used to sell them but it was an auction site of sorts kind of focused around that stuff. It wasn't enough to make a living but it was something at least. Have you tried googling around to find something like that?
>>
>>16517505
I've noticed that these artists that draw the sexy pictures are mostly women. I wonder why that is.
>>
>>16514905

The web lesson will be starting in about 30mins if anyone was thinking about attending the live portion of it.

Teamviewer meeting id: m41-847-319
Teamspeak Server: 108.161.130.57

If you have any questions let me know.
>>
>>16517547
Maybe guys are afraid of being called pesos and creeps if they do. I went to an arts college and I was surprised with how few women were there, all of them lesbians
>>
>>16517484
Advertise on Furaffinity. It only costs $25 per month and if you're any good (especially if you're willing to draw porn), you'll make that money back. Make sure you already have stuff like examples, pricing, and rules already set up.
>>
Post two good things and two bad things about you so we can understand who posts here better
Me
Charismatic
Hard working
But
Fat
Bipolar
>>
>>16517547
people pay more for female artists when it comes to that sort of thing. just assume a lot are males lying about it.
Thread posts: 127
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.