[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop being afraid of men?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

File: interacting.png (202KB, 500x266px) Image search: [Google]
interacting.png
202KB, 500x266px
How do I stop being afraid of men?
>>
All fears are overcome the same way. You approach the object of your fear little by little and get use to it until it doesn't affect you. It takes a lot of courage and patience but it gives a great feeling of personal growth. What is it about men that scares you?
>>
>>16503712
Put one in your hand and let him sit there for a while. Face the dear.
>>
>>16503724
I'm scared they'll get hostile. That I do or say something wrong and one of them decides to break my nose. Or if we're in a secluded place, rape me.
>>
>>16503737
That is possible unfortunately, but it's not worth missing out on life.
>>
>>16503762
I know. I hate sex and I'm terrified of men likely to offer it but I want a boyfriend.
>>
>>16503737
if you're this worried about getting attacked then start carrying a gun
>>
>>16503767
I'm not from one of those countries where civilians can do that.

Even carrying pepper spray would be considered unusual and paranoid.

And it's not something that limits my ordinary life. It just keeps me from trying to date people.
>>
>>16503780
>Even carrying pepper spray would be considered unusual and paranoid.
you are unusual and paranoid, it's perfect for you.
>>
>>16503780
What if you dated someone by meeting in a public place, or went on double dates with someone else, to create a safe scenario until you get to know them better.
>>
Why would you? As a man just keep avoiding me it won't bother me.

Just don't vote for legislation that will fuck me.

I avoid women often because I believe most women are insane, so I don't see a problem with you doing the same.

Just keep it up your not hurting anyone.
>>
>>16503784
They don't just sell that kind of things in grocery stores, either.

>>16503790
I know that is the best option, but due to some of my limitations I'm only able to find interested men online. How do I convince one to go on a DATE, instead of just hooking up?
>>
>>16503712
>>16503762
>That is possible

Really? That's like saying getting AIDS is possible. Obviously it's technically possible, but if you're actually careful about who you have sex with your chances of getting it are very low.

Likewise, the chances of being abused as the OP is scared of are a lot less likely for someone careful about who they are with.

OP, if you're scared of men, then you need to get to know them. Don't be alone with them, always hang out in a group. Get to know them well, and only when you feel sure that they are a normal, level-headed person, you can start going on dates or what-have-you.

The real question is what makes you so scared? I'm guessing there must have been some kind of trauma or event. So what happened?
>>
File: 1425255425317.gif (598KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1425255425317.gif
598KB, 1280x720px
>>16503766
I'd cuddle you softly and ease you into comfy, wonderful sex
>>
>>16503794
You have to ask them out on a date.
>>
>>16503806
Don't listen to that guy he is made of sharp pointy angles and is not comfy at all.
>>
>>16503794
You have to talk to them, for extended periods of time. You'll find out rather quick who is just trying to hook up, because they won't put in the effort to keep talking to you if it seems like you're not putting out.
>>
>>16503803
That's the weird part. I've never been abused in any way, I come from a nonviolent (not gonna say "happy" because that's not accurate), non-abusive home and I've never had violence done to me.

I can just be doing my normal things and find myself alone in a room of men and think "so this is how I get PTSD" like that's a totally normal thing to think.

The problem is I can't get a guy from my group of friends, so meeting up with strangers is the only option.
>>
>>16503712
>How do I stop being afraid of men?

>>16503766
>I hate sex and I'm terrified of men likely to offer it

why don't you just become lesbian?
>>
>>16503812
I only have one pointy part, the rest is pretty cozy.
>>
>>16503737
Christ, this isn't the 18th century anymore. You could be the biggest uptight bitch ever and still never get a hand on you, depending on the guy you choose. If it was me and it was due to stuff like cheating or just blatant physical harm/slander, then its time to clock.
>>
>>16503823
I've tried. It doesn't work.
>>
File: 1393216712409.gif (2MB, 134x134px) Image search: [Google]
1393216712409.gif
2MB, 134x134px
>>16503831
Good lord stop teasing me OP and take me.
>>
>>16503822
You sound a bit like a hypochondriac. Are you a generally afraid person?
>>
>>16503767
Someone who is paranoid and afraid should not be carrying a gun.
>>
>>16503737
Where are you from, OP? What type of enviroment do you live in?
>>
Dosen't work that way brother girl, you could sue a fucker for looking at you the wrong way
Did you spend too much time on tumblr or some shithole like that?
>>
>>16503821
Or she could just be upfront about her needs and tell them that she hates sex and wants an intimate relationship. Then she asks them if they are interested in an asexual intimate relationship.
>>
>>16503839
I don't know. I've pretty much memorised WebMD's symptom checker's symptoms and definitions of depression and generalized anxiety disorder.

I somehow always end up to it, putting in all of the same symptoms, as if expecting something new to pop up.
>>
Yeah you ain't right in the head mang, time to chug some meds and hope for the best.
>>
>>16503852
In a quiet area in one of the safest countries in Europe.

>>16503853
I'm on tumblr for the memes, and try to keep away from the toxic SJW shit.

>>16503855
That will make a man get up and walk away in 3 seconds flat.
>>
>>16503822
>The problem is I can't get a guy from my group of friends, so meeting up with strangers is the only option.
You can meet new people, get to know them and then ask them out. Just go to any art class or music class or exercise group or social event. Talk to different guys and see where it goes. You make a strange jump of logic when you say that online dating is your only option. In fact online dating is probably what you want to avoid.
>>
>>16503866
But we have memes to give, sell and share.
Anyway, your probem can be fixed with enough low key social interaction, remember, man or woman, they are human, just like you or me.
>>
>>16503872
Unfortunately, I'm a "special case". If I can carry on without going into detail about it, it's a harmless birth defect but 99% of guys will not be into that. Finding the 1% who are into that isn't happening through friends.

Dating sites (or to be honest, hookup-apps) are my only option.
>>
>>16503866
>That will make a man get up and walk away in 3 seconds flat.
It's better to make people walk away in 3 seconds flat immediately after meeting them than to make them walk away in 3 seconds flat after you both wasted time and feelings on a relationship that isn't destined to work. People should be honest about what they want.
>>
File: 1364172965975.jpg (165KB, 574x502px) Image search: [Google]
1364172965975.jpg
165KB, 574x502px
OP I'm a literal Adonis with the face of Ryan Gosling and a body made of chiseled marble, and I've got a thing for coy cuties and lesbians.

WIth all that being said... pls repond.
>>
File: 1445800396220.png (1003KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1445800396220.png
1003KB, 1280x720px
>>16503885
>chiseled marble
>>
>>16503884
I can't afford to be any pickier than I have no choice but to be.
>>
>>16503890
oh god maybe I really am pointy and uncomfy help :(
>>
>>16503881
Just to be clear, are you speaking from an asexual perspective when you say that guys are not "into that". Are you talking about an harmless birth defect that would cause a non-sexual incompatibility with perceived average preferences? Something that would get in the way of kissing, hugging or handholding? I'm curious because part of what you say makes it sound like you're asexual and another part makes it sound like you can only hook up with sex fetishists.
>>
>>16503899
You can't afford to not be direct and upfront when looking for a relationship. Always be honest. Always share information that has the potential of being relevant from their point of view.
>>
File: 1392051414498.jpg (184KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1392051414498.jpg
184KB, 600x450px
>>16503881
Do you mind me asking what it is?

You had my attention m'lady, but now you've piqued my interest.
>>
>>16503712
kiss them
>>
>>16503902
hahaha
>>
>>16503910
I am both asexual and physically defective in a way guys who are not fetishists find unappealing.

>>16503923
I'd rather you not. I don't want this to end up as one of those threads where you google pictures of it and howl with disgusted laughter.
>>
>>16503930
Girl I took a hiatus from /adv/ for a solid year and I'm glad you're still here my wonderful tripfriend.
It's good to see a familiar face around these parts.

I need some girl advice, there's this coy cutie and she won't budge. I tried my A game but she's just not participating in the bants, what do /b/?
>>
>>16503938
are we talking eldritch horror here or just the basics?
>>
>>16503938
I've got this weird thing where my nipples are kinda puffy.
They look normal when I come out of the shower and I'm in Canada so it's always cold and they get all nipply but they look kinda fuckey otherwise.
C'mon it's an anonymous web board and I promise I won't be an ass.
As long as you promise not to laugh about my Nat Geos! :)
>>
>>16503949
A fairly standard kind of ugly. Just not something most people can get themselves to find appealing.
>>
>>16503956
puffy nipples are hella cute yo
>>
>>16503958
That just means you should broaden your horizon and talk with as many guys as possible. Find someone that isn't bothered by it. Restricting yourself to online dating doesn't seem productive.
>>
>>16503958
Well you could just be insecure but we'll never know if you don't tell us what it is.

I can tell you more embarrassing things about myself if it'll help you!
>>
>>16503971
cerebral palsy
>>
>>16503981
That's by no means "a fairly standard kind of ugly", and it would never stop me from loving you.

Some guys even like the whole "wounded bird" thing and would be even more attracted to you.
>>
>>16503981
Could be worse.
>>
>>16503998
Anyways don't mean to sound like a creep but there's literally nothing wrong with you at all.
Would wife/10
>>
>>16503856
Yeah.. you should consider talking to someone about this. Someone professional. You sound like you could be suffering from delusional disorder.
>>
>>16503998
>Some guys even like the whole "wounded bird" thing and would be even more attracted to you.
And that's where the chasers come in.
>>
>>16503981
I had a cat with palsy when I was a child. Can I ask how severe the tremors are? How is it that you can type?
>>
>>16503737
>That I do or say something wrong and one of them decides to break my nose.
Generally that doesn't happen if you remain calm. Most commonly, fights occur because you show either aggression or weakness/fear, subconsciously placing them in the role of an aggressor. Just be real with them, and avoid being patronizing.

>Or if we're in a secluded place, rape me.
Again, avoid acting like you're scared.

You can't completely avoid risk of course, but most people get through life without being assaulted, and that's despite the average person is retarded and careless.
>>
>>16504024
Yo what the fuck is delusional disorder?
I might be suffering from it because I refuse to believe that pseudoscience bologna even exists.
The chick has fuggin cerebral palsy duder, she probably has moderate anxiety, like a lot of other people on here, and she said she's lonely.

OP, next time the situation arises, step outside your comfort zone and smile at the next guy you see. Guys can be shy too so if you send a lil hint their way, idk who knows, you could learn to come out of your shell more often.
>>
>>16504039
>How is it that you can type?
Very slowly.
>>
>>16504055
How about you google it before you sound dumb. Her physical condition in no way effects whether or not she can or does have other mental issues.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.