[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does a schizophrenia begin and what are early signs of it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

How does a schizophrenia begin and what are early signs of it? And what happens if it's untreated ?
>>
The earliest signs are usually very slight & faint auditory hallucinations, like you hearing your name being called or being convinced there is interference/static coming from your speakers or TV even when everything is swithced off. Another early sign is paranoia - suddenly thinking bizzare things like what if your friends are out to get you or what if you're being followed. If left untreated psychosis can take hold and you'll be left a paranoid, non-sensical wreck, totally cut off from reality.
>>
if you're worried that you may have a psychosis I would recommend seeing a psychiatrist
>>
>>16503581
I do actually
>>
usually starts with mild hallucinations/paranoia, and some changes in cognition and behavior. you might find yourself thinking of things oddly, or having difficulty talking to people without messing up your words really badly.

if it goes untreated, your psychosis will get really severe and you'll be totally disconnected from reality. people with untreated schizophrenia are at a higher risk for being the victim of violent crimes, substance abuse, and physical/sexual abuse. basically you'll put yourself into a lot of danger by going untreated. if you're worried you're schizophrenic, i recommend you see a psychiatrist as soon as possible. starting treatment early will make managing it that much easier.
>>
>>16503577
Well...shit.
>>
>>16503612
ok so ask him, not us
>>
>>16503626
The problem is that he doesnt know shit about psychosis , and it's difficult to get a new one
>>
>>16503621
I never wanted to take any meds, but now I think that i have to start some kind of treatment soon... My psychiatrist really wants me to, but I am not sure if it just goes away by itself
>>
As a former psych ward patient and Army section 8 failure, I noticed among schizo's that they were very irritable. Then again being in a psych ward and Fort Benning will make anyone irritable. Especially the latter.
>>
>>16503635
are you sure you're seeing a psychiatrist and not a psychologist?

because there's a very big difference and if you're worried you have schizophrenia then you need to be seeing the latter to get the proper treatment
>>
>>16503661
unfortunately anon, it's not going to go away by itself. schizophrenia is a chronic disease, just like diabetes or asthma. if you keep it under control with meds and lifestyle management, you'll be okay but it's going to be something you experience for your whole life. it's difficult to accept that, and it's a hard path to take but you're 100% capable of doing it. the fact that you're self aware enough to recognize what's going on with your mind and talk about it is evidence enough that you've got a lot of good potential to keep it under control.
>>
>>16503695
Sorry , i dont know the differents of these words in english
>>
>>16503696
Thanks a lot for your help. I think i will meet a psychiatrist. I only see a therapist weekly. I didnt know the differences of these words in english , as I said.
>>
File: now you know something.jpg (130KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
now you know something.jpg
130KB, 1366x768px
>>16503730
psychiatrist can prescribe medication, psychologist/therapist can't
>>
>>16503577

Dubs confirmed

This is how it started for me as well, spice it up with some social anxiety.

Lay of marijuana at all costs, it made my life hell, and I'm sure it was just the spark my brain needed to go fullblown psychotic.

Living with schizophrenia is not that bad, so don't worry. Be responsible about your mind, keep yourself reminded what you experience is just brain farts and nothing else.
>>
chances are, if you think you have it, you probably don't have anything.
>>
>>16503748
Oh... Well. No more weed for me i guess. I wanted to stop as soon as i got my first hallucinations but i didnt think that that yould be a cause
>>
>>16503800
Maybe you are different, you could always experiment. I felt way better when smoking, but the tradeoff was pretty big...

Antipsychotics help me now instead, but they are a crutch when you regain your sanity IMHO... Has some tradeoffs as well.

Try looking up the "negative symptoms" and see if you can relate though. These will be there regardless of medicine in my experience. Its the "positive symptoms" that medicine really takes the edge off.

But schizophrenia is not what defines you, I have known many with the same symptoms as me, but very different altogether. Some giant assholes, and social potatoes
>>
>>16503862
Are delusions are positive or negative symptom ?
>>
>>16503869

Don't be an idiot, anything that warps you peception of reality will fuck you up
>>
>>16503577
>very slight and faint auditory hallucinations, like you hearing your name being called
Bullshit, everyone gets that.

Right?
>>
>>16503748
fucking this man, I smoked weed for only 3 months and it fucked me up heavy. I now dissociate whenever I'm nervous and it led to a fullblown psychotic episode that included me talking to nightmarish hallucinations in an interview that lasted a solid hour.

Schizophrenia sucks man, but if you learn how to manage the voices it becomes at least tolerable.
>>
>>16503869
I think they are on the positive side. And just to clarify, positive or negative doesn't mean good or bad, its a weird terminology they use
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.