[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey everyone. My cousin died and the cops tried to get into her

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 571.jpg (476KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
571.jpg
476KB, 960x1280px
Hey everyone.
My cousin died and the cops tried to get into her iPhone to get to the messages but were unable to. So now I'm the last resort, although I'm only good with Windows.
She has a Sprint iPhone 5S and a Macbook Pro, the model says A1502. We have access to her Macbook. I was just wondering if any of you have any tips or things that might help for getting into the iPhone. Her mom just wants the pictures off. Doesn't care for the messages even though that'd help find out who caused this all. If the cops couldn't get into it, I'm assuming there's not much hope that I can. Just thought I'd ask you all for any pointers
Thank you
>pic is the cat her and i rescued last year
>>
Sounds like a fag wants to break into a phone. Your story is shit because the provider can typically be talked to and hand that info over. The cops could def get it too

The literal only exception would be that your cousin encrypted all outbound messages through a third party app and also encrypted the device via third party software. I really doubt thats the case
>>
>>16499832

Yep, the police would just subpoena the info from the provider, or they would do the same for the company that made the application.

Kill yourself, OP. You're too stupid to even come up with a convincing lie.
>>
>>16499832
Yeah sounds like it, but that's not the case. If I'd stolen an iPhone I would have just wiped it.
Well the cops sure didn't get into seeing as they gave it back to her mom who then talked to me. I'll talk to her about contacting the provider. It's been a year since she died so I don't know if that's even a possibility at this point.
>>
>>16499810
wtf OP are you a fucking idiot lmao
>>
>>16499885
I don't know how you want me to prove that I'm not lying because I'm not posting my cousin's information just to confirm what I'm saying. The family's been through enough this year.
I'm just gonna dick around with it myself.
Thanks guys.
>>
>>16499896
Nigga the police don't need the phone to get to the messages. They can just call up sprint. Go kill yourself op
>>
OP gave up pretty easily.

Usually people who make these threads try for a little bit longer to salvage them.
>>
>>16499896
Dont dick around with it, stick it up your ass for better results
>>
>>16499993
Why try if I'm getting the same responses? No one's going to believe me. I can't blame them. Still sucks though
>>
>>16499810
Try jailbreaking it
>>
>>16499810
Atop trying to look at her noods
>>
>>16500564
>atop
>>
Your cousins' a cat?
>>
Maybe OP lives in a shitty nigger country where cops don't have the technology to gain access too phone messages
>>
>>16499810
Depending on the iOS version you may be able to bypass the lock screen. The newer versions make it very difficult if not impossible.
>>
>>16499999
quints speak
>>
Go away, Matt.
>>
I'm sorry for your loss.

Honestly, if the owner of the phone is dead, there isn't much you can do. You could go for a kind of postmortem social engineering: start with names and dates that were important to her, spell them backwards, add numbers or letters to them, and so on, but IIRC you only get a couple of tries before the phone suicides on you.

Try calling Apple. They can't break the encryption either, but if you explain the situation and incluse a police report, you moght be able to get them to lift the guess limit.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.