[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to live a happy, fulfilling life without ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (35KB, 315x411px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 315x411px
Is it possible to live a happy, fulfilling life without ever having a romantic/sexual partner?
>>
Some people can do it.

Personally I would not be able to.
>>
Only if you have a cause to devote your life to. You won't have a happy life despite never having a romantic/sexual partner, nor can it be a sacrifice you give up if you understand what I'm saying.
>>
>>16499213
>if you understand what I'm saying

I don't think I do.
>>
>>16499219
Ok, I'll try to explain. To most people never having a romantic/sexual partner ever, in their life, isn't something they usually think about those that do tend to do so for a reason.
For instance (not so normal today) to become a monk would be a perfect example of someone devoting their life to something.
Other people have a passion for a certain field, let's say neuroscience that they spend most of their time focusing on that field and the sexual/romantic aspect becomes secondary, an example of someone not sacrificing or giving up on it but simply being too focused on something else.

Does that make more sense?

If you work at it from the opposite side, not being successful enough to achieve it, there will always be resentment and unhappiness and then what would really be the point of your life be then?
>>
>>16499239
Now I understand.

I suppose I'll figure out something to devote to.
>>
yes, OP, it is.
>>
>>16499242
What makes you think finding a partner won't be an option, anyway?
>>
>>16499284
I'm gay, somewhat disabled (healthy enough to function, but not be a desirable life partner), and I can't leave my smallish hometown because I need to help my mom take care of my sister (she has it worse than I do).

Too bad I'm not religious. That might be a help.
>>
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/303084.php
>>
no
and it's not possible to live a happy, fulfilling life with a romantic/sexual partner either
is that what you wanted to hear?
>>
Life is just life. If romance happens then it happens, if not then oh well.
>>
>>16499335
I don't know.

I suppose I was looking to hear something that'd discourage me from harming myself and others, and I'm not entirely sure that was it.
>>
>>16499345
>11 posts before yours
>this is the one i didn't want to hear
Read another post bitch nigga.
>>
>>16499350
I'm not sure if I understood what you're saying.
>>
>>16499321
Kek you don't even have problems, but yet feel the need to invent some. Truly the meme of dawn.
>>
>>16499368
I'm not trying to invent problems. I know a lot of people have it worse than I do. I just don't know how to be happy with what I have.
>>
Idk op. I feel like even if you devote yourself to something you can still be extremely lonely. But I'm someone who believes there is no point in life if you have no one to share it with. So take it as you will.
>>
>>16499384
I do have my family and some friends. I still feel bad sometimes, though.
>>
>>16499384
Well people have different personalities. OP, it's possible that devoting yourself to a field will distract you sufficiently, it is possible that it will not be. Depends on your personality, really. You should try it out anyway
>>
>>16499389
Any suggestions of a subject?

I'm not particularly religious, don't have much head for maths or sciences, and art is not sufficient.
>>
Keys to happy + fulfilling life:
>close friendships
>having a job you enjoy
>self control/moderation
>>
>>16499394
I have two of those, I suppose. What would the third entail?
>>
>>16499424
Self control: not letting your desires for money, sex, etc. Get to you.
Moderation: if you have something desirable, don't let it control your life.
>>
>>16499210
Lots of people do. But there is a catch: you don't have to devote your life to another person, but you do have to devote it to something. Religions, fields of work, and social causes are common choices.
>>
>>16499393
There're too many passions out there to put down the one most suited you, you could try being altruistic (there are volunteering atheists), getting into sports, music, etc
>>
>>16499430
How do you keep desire for sex in check? Prostitution is not really widespread where I am from.

>>16499434
I've considered religion, but I haven't found one that'd stick.
>>
>>16499437
I suppose I'll keep looking.
>>
>>16499443
you could also take pills to lower your sex drive, if you want to
>>
>>16499472
I have low testosterone levels, and I'm deliberately neglecting getting appropriate treatments for this reason.

it still pains to be alone.
>>
>>16499210
I thought i could, but a person did eventually 'appear' to me romantically and I quite enjoy having their company (more than i thought i would).

We do have some problems, but its been seven years and we're still quite happy more than not.
>>
>>16499518
Okay.

How do I do that?
>>
>>16499530
Expnd your social circles. Find new hobbies or explore your current ones. Befriend fellow hobbyists.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.