[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is getting married a good idea? Most end in divorce and the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1412982928159.jpg (32KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
1412982928159.jpg
32KB, 480x454px
Is getting married a good idea?

Most end in divorce and the man gets ruined by lawyers.

My gf keeps dropping hints about "together forever".

But I don't know anyone under 50 who HASN'T been divorced since getting married.
>>
Bad idea. You can be together forever without a legal document.
>>
>>16497873
Make her sign a pre-nup.
>>
>>16497888
in some cases the law can throw out a prenup
>>
>>16497885
She mentioned that unmarried people in LTRs are selfish and untrustworthy

>>16497888
"Pre ups mean you know you're gonna divorce"

Her words not mine
>>
>>16497909
It sounds like you two have incompatible values that should have been discussed earlier.
>>
>>16497909
i don't know her, but if she talks like that then I would be very careful about marrying, she seems close minded

don't marry
>>
>>16497909
>unmarried people in LTRs are selfish and untrustworthy

That's a pretty close-minded and warped perspective she's got right there. I don't like her already, people who are highly opinionated and think in absolutes are the worst sort of people in my experience.
>>
You shouldn't marry someone unless you would be conforta le doing so without a prenup. You should get the prenup anyway, because it's a practical arrangement, but if you don't have a no-prenup level of trust in so eone then you have no business marrying them.

Also, the "most marriages end in divorce" statistic is heabily skewed by serial monogamists. Most first marriages last, and that figure has actually been going up.
>>
>Is getting married a good idea?

whether it is or not doesn't matter. you seem paranoid and reticent about it. tell her you don't really like the idea of marriage.
>>
>>16497979
>people who are highly opinionated and think in absolutes are the worst sort of people in my experience

So literally you?
>>
>>16497909
she sounds like the kind of "nothing can go wrong because we love each other now" sort of hopeless romantic, which might be your thing but not mine, She's actually the average girl, who thinks marriage means a lot, the diamond ring means a lot and a good ceremony means a lot. Not necessarily a bad person, but it's hard to convince such people to do realistic things like sign a pre-nup, or not marry, or not give her a massively overpriced ring forged from the tears of african slaves
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.