[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How wise is it to stay single for most of your life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

How wise is it to stay single for most of your life?
>>
It depend on your capacity of appreciate a lonely life, anon.
>>
Just like women who "just want to have fun" for entirely too long, at some point you'll get bored and realize that your dating options are very limited and all of them are terrible.

Work on your game so that you know how to speak with women. Don't be retarded Pick-Up Artist trying to fuck every woman at the club, because then you'll only know how to talk to club skanks.

If you're socially capable and have a good career, then go ahead. I hope you're prepared.
>>
I am pretty happy being single. Honestly the only problem I have is the social pressure of others insisting I should be in a relationship. I'm sick of people trying to set me up with their friends and stuff.
I am single because I am not looking, not because I am looking and failing.
>>
I've never known anyone to be happy in a relationship or marriage. I have no idea why people do those things.>>16495320
>>
>>16495473
I'm pretty much the last guy from my group of friends in high school that isn't married (27 years old). Every time I talk to these guys and ask them how things are going in their lives they always say that shit's going just great but I swear to god EVERY single one of them has gotten drunk with me at some point over the years and gone on a bitter rant about how their life is miserable and marriage was a terrible mistake and blah blah blah. Then they'll wake up the next day like nothing ever happened and start talking about how *great!* their life is again. Hell, my best friend from high school recently told me that he never even sleeps in the same bed with his wife anymore and that it's like they're not even a couple anymore once he had a few beers in him several months back but they just last month sold their old house and bought a new house together and maintain this facade that makes it look like everything's alright to everyone else.

I mean, seriously, what the fuck. I don't want that.
>>
>>16495556
>Some of my shit friends are unhappy with themselves, so clearly marriage is a sham
>>
>>16495556
I have similar experiences with people/ex-friends who are in "commmited" relationshits, i think it is folie en masse to be quite honest. As long as everyone tells the same lie and never talk about it(at least when sober) then everyone will believe that they are living their lives correctly, themselves included.
>>
>>16495473
Do you actually talk to people? Outside of 4chan, I mean
>>
>>16495473
>single parent child, or child from an abusive mom/dad relationship detected
>>
>>16495473
>>16495556
>>16495609
Is this what people actually tell themselves to justify their loneliness?
>>
>Practically mastered PUA techniques
>plenty of woman and wild times
>no fear of going out alone
>hair falling out
>eye sight starting to faulter into wearing glasses
>8/10 reduced to a 6/10 instantly when wearing
>I dont want to be the old man at the bar
>awesome girlfriend absolute sweetheart
>why not
married... I dont feel like I am missing out on anything. She is great to me, thats the most important. We are a team.
>>
>>16495613
>haha
>we give you second hand experience
>you give us unfounded insults
on an aside i have attempted to be successful in a few relationships but to no avail, so my first hand experiences are also a shit, your move shitposter.
>>
>>16495693
And I'm in an awesome relationship so my first hand experience is awesome. Anecdotal evidence doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>16495320
i feel like once you're dying alone in an apartment with only your 3 cats, you'll reconsider your actions on giving up relationships knowing that your decomposing body won't be discovered until your neighbours report complaints about a rotting stench.

and don't kid yourself about friends. they're too busy with their family and their own lives to check in on you. when you get older, you start to realize how lonely life gets. it gets harder to find companionship in anyone.

i think that's one of the main reasons why people stay in relationships even if it has its low and miserable points.
>>
>>16495750
Every relationship has its highs and lows, romantic or otherwise. No one has a perfect relationship, and you've got to accept that. Most people do, and that's why you hear people complain about their partners. They might have shit moments, but at the end of the day, they love their partner and overall the relationship's great and that's why they're still with them.
>>
>>16495748
so thus far you are 25% as opposed to 75% of the sum total of expressed views, there is always an exception to a rule, though in the long run, experience has taught me you will not be it especially based of our interactions.
>>
>>16495320
>Op picture perfectly sums up how it feels trying to find companionship among the women of today.
>>
If you have ambitions, then it's the best decision you can make. If you don't, you'll probably end up raping or killing someone.
>>
>>16495776
You do realise the nature of this board attracts people with problems right? No one comes here to talk about how great their relationship is. I only did it for the purpose of illustrating that good relationships are possible. Threads like this don't really attract people in good relationships, they're only really good for circlejerking
>>
>>16495779
>all modern women are dumb and slutty
>companionship is so hard to find

Look within before you look without, bud.
>>
>>16495750
This actually happened in my neighborhood. It's a nice suburban, mostly white area too. This guy had a stroke and died in his kitchen at 54. But he didn't have a wife or kids. Just a dog. And no one figured it out until his next door neighbors started smelling something foul and called the cops. His dead body was there for over a week. He was a pretty successful guy, apparently, worked in the city. It's creepy to think about it even now.
>>
>>16495805
A chad with that attitude would still have no problem getting laid or getting girls to fall in love with them. Idiot.
>>
>>16495807
>death is creepy

Are you dumb?
>>
>>16495807
This sort of thing happens more often than you think
>>
>>16495818
If a woman is stupid enough to date a bad person on the basis of his looks, then you're even stupider for wanting damaged goods.
>>
>>16495807
Just because he died alone and nobody noticed doesn't mean he was unhappy with his lifestyle. Personally I wouldn't care if this happened to me.
>>
>>16495818
Also, the word Chad has an overwhelmingly condescending undertone. Why the fuck would you reduce yourself to the level of a Chad to the point you would justify shitty behavior.

You're an idiot. And you should feel badly.
>>
>>16495803
so by your own logic you are in a bad relationship.
>>
>>16495839
No...? How could you possibly read that in?
>>
>>16495839
Not that anon, but don't do that. The second you make it personal, you get defensive and stop listening. It's not a personal attack.

It's just real dude. I have never once read a positive relationship thread. People come here to bitch and get positive reinforcement for their shitty behavior.
>>
>>16495556
I think this also depends widely on where you're from.
Dating and relationships work very different around the world.
I don't know anybody who got married before the age of 30. Not a single person. (I'm from Germany).
And that's because dating works very different than, lets say, the US.
In the US for example, you have to say to each other "ok we've been dating for 3 months now, wann be exclusive?"
To someone from Germany at least at my age (Mid 30s) that is so absurd. Here, when you date someone for 3-4 weeks, its automatically implied that you're exclusive, no need to ask or tell the other person.
And after the dating phase, relationships also are very different. In US when you've been together for 1 or 2 years it's pretty normal to get married. In Germany, that's still, what we call the "rose colored glasses" phase. You have NO fucking clue who the other person really is, and how you react when things get tough. All my friends have been with their partners for more than 5 years before they even consider getting married. (Took me and my girl almost 10 to be sure). Because only then can you be sure who you're with and how your life will be together.
I think that's why so many younger married couples are so miserable. They got married way to quickly and now realize that the person they fell in love with, isn't the same person they are with now. Because after 2-3 years the "rose colored glasses" come off and a lot changes after that.

But I don't think you need a partner to be happy. I have a lot of friends who've been single for 10 years or longer, and they love it. They have fuckbuddies and normal friends and don't see the need for a relationship that might tie them down.
It all depends on what YOU want, not what society might dictate.
>>
File: 05846.png (152KB, 462x360px) Image search: [Google]
05846.png
152KB, 462x360px
>>16495320
Extremely wise. Have you heard of MGTOW? Its basically a male lifestyle philosophy to opt out of relationships and marriage in favor of personal freedom and self determination. As for me, I don't even bother trying with women period, because I'm anti-natalist and anti-abortion, therefore the only rational lifestyle choice for me is celibacy, which since I'm a poor aspie, is the default.
>>
>>16495849
bullshit. I know so many people that are in happy relationships (for 2-10 years).
If every relationship you've ever been in failed, maybe it's time to take a hard long look into the mirror and look for the problem in yourself, not your partner.
And like I said here >>16495868 it depends on how your relationship got to where it is now. Dated for 6 months, moved in together, got married after 16 months?! yeah that shit is gonna crash and burn so fucking fast man!
Been dating for 14 months, then moved in together and decided after 5 years to get married? whole other story. sure your marriage can still fail, a lot of them do, but you have a way higher chance of success than if you've gotten married after a year.
>>
>>16495849
having had both realword and 4chan experience im afraid i can only partly agree with you.
>>
>>16495879
I'm with this anon.
I've probably only had about 2-3 actual relationships, with them generally crashing at 6 months due to one side or circumstances.
Reflecting on it has made me understand that I just don't show any love for my partner even if i do love them.
Nowadays i just don't have the emotional want to have a relationship.

You do what you want to do OP.
If you're happy not being in a relationship and/or are comfortable with yourself in it, then keep going.
>>
>>16495320

I'm 25 and only had 2 relationships that lasted only few months, why? well... i can say that i get bored of people easily, i enjoy being alone most of the time, what people call loneliness i call happiness, sometimes i P&D some random girls and i'm completely fine with that, if you are happy with your life style don't change it because society says the opposite, your happiness come first man.
>>
>>16495320
>How wise is it to stay single for most of your life?
If you plan to stay single forever it's ok. Otherwise you might come over as immature and/or completely blow it when you finally find someone you want to spend the rest of your life with.
>>
Very wise honestly. Just jack off dude.
>>
>>16495320
Definitely depends on your goals and what you want in life. You can surely get sex without the relationship - just at an added risk for STDs but you can prevent that.

Relationships aren't all bad though. The rotten truth is women tend to marry up in the social scale and men down so unless you find someone fairly close to your own self you'll be dragging around a financial log.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.