[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 23 years old, in college, and still don't know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1386460590136.jpg (42KB, 495x636px) Image search: [Google]
1386460590136.jpg
42KB, 495x636px
I'm 23 years old, in college, and still don't know what job I want to get. What if I never do? Then I'll be stuck with a minimum wage job.
>>
>>16494956
Well what are you majoring in? That kind of dictates what job your going for. If your one of those undecided, then you better freaking decide or get out of college to save yourself. It ain't cheap.
>>
What's wrong with minimum wage, you self-entitled jumped up cunt.
>>
Well I mean, I'm in college right now and I work a minimum wage job at a high end jewelry store.

There's nothing wrong with that. A lot of famous politicians, media figures, etc worked shitty jobs throughout their college career.

Maybe you can get a paid internship too. But I mean, a lot of places are hiring right now for the holidays.
>>
>>16494984
>I used "but I mean" twice, aghhhh
>>
>>16494979
>not seeing anything wrong with working a minimum wage job for life
>Being this ignorant
>>
>>16495138
>my entire family made $17k a year
>we all lived comfortably
Why do you need a lot of money for your single male lifestyle again?
4chan tricked you into thinking bigger numbers is better
I can't imagine what I'd do with $40k a year, much less $70k
>>
>>16495331
>I can't imagine what I'd do with $40k a year, much less $70k
1) Move out of a shithole flyover state
2) Find a girl who has bigger plans for her life than be a stay-at-home mom
3) Have a retirement instead of working until you die
4) Never have to eat spaghetti again
>>
>>16495331
Food, shelter, travel (car, gas, etc.), utilities (electricity, water, etc.), bills (phone, internet, etc.), then you can save or spend the rest on yourself. Depending on how frugal you live, you can live fine for 40k a year, and shoot maybe probably 25k to 30k. But it really depends on how comfortable and healthy you want to be. Then if you want to take care a family or anything else, you better be making more to support them.
>>
be an engineer dumbass.
everything else is a trap.
>>
>>16495353
>>16495367
I lived in Miami and all of these were paid for
We lived comfortably , my parents even paid for my first car, and my brothers
And my parents still had retirement
Try again, tell me how you need that big salary. You don't .
>>
>>16495399
>I tell lies on the internet
$17k/year will just about cover rent in a studio, but not much else.
I'd bet half of your family's yearly salary that you don't live all that well to anyone outside of your family.
>>
You'll never know what job you want until you've tried it and seen what its really like. The choice you have currently is what job to try first.
>>
>>16495412
Well
We lived in a pretty good neighborhood
We lived in a comfortable house
I went to a decent charter school, so did my brother
Is it really that hard to understand that in the end, you don't need that much money?
>>
>>16495424
dumbass
what is more white trash gonna do? is that gonna help the economy or eat up more jobs?
>>
>>16495399
Who paid for those utilities, bills, etc.? There's more to the story I bet, like inheritance or your parents saving wisely at an early age.
>http://livingwage.mit.edu/counties/12086
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.