[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I suspect I'm a clingy boyfreind, /adv/. How fix?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1356888798766.jpg (27KB, 500x395px) Image search: [Google]
1356888798766.jpg
27KB, 500x395px
I suspect I'm a clingy boyfreind, /adv/.

How fix?
>>
>>16494595
Why do you suspect this anon?
>>
>>16494595
Stop being clingy.
>>
>>16494596
GF was busy today. Tried my best no to think about it, or pester her, but ended up leaving her 7 fucking messages.

Any time she doesn't respond immediately I start freaking out, and my head gets full of intrusive thoughts, which are admittedly ridiculous.
>>
>>16494595
Well, I was really clingy with my first girlfriend and here's how I fixed it:

1.) Get dumped for trying to monopolize her time and only wanting to hang out alone when we're together

2.) Get really depressed for a while

3.) Get drunk a lot

4.) Don't date anyone for a while

5.) Start dating some girl like a year later
5b.) she is a virgin

6.) We de-virginize each other
6b.) She immediately becomes very clingy, starts saying crazy shit like "I'll kill you if you ever have sex with anyone else"
6c.) Glaring self-esteem issues she has seem to materialize out of thin air

7.) Deal with that shit for like 2 weeks and decide to abort; dump her, breaking her fragile heart

So yeah, experiencing clinginess from the other side, dumping someone, and subesequently feeling like shit about the whole ordeal fixed me.
>>
>>16494631
>step 1, get dumped

Fuck no, that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid
>>
>>16494641
>I'm trying to avoid being dumped
>By being the "psycho ex-boyfriend who had serious trust issues"
k
>>
>>16494641
haha, that's cute

It's pretty much unavoidable at this point.
>>
The bad news is that you're probably not going to get any better.
The worse news is that you're going to continue harassing her and thinking about her for a couple months, making things terrible for the both of you. You'll convince yourself that you're making progress because you remind yourself that it's poison.
The worst news is that your next girlfriend is going to be pretty shitty. But you will be too, as a whiny little emo fuck. You might turn into a furry, LARPer, or some other terrible subculture in an attempt to create a personality.

The good news is that after THAT, you'll be a reasonable human being. Get all this bullshit out of the way before college if you want to have an enjoyable time.
>>
>>16494645
What? No, that's the opposite of what I'm saying.

I'm trying my best NOT to be the psycho with trust issues, that's what I came here for. I'm afraid that my irrational clingy-ness will fuck things up.
>>
>>16494666
>I'm afraid that my irrational clingy-ness will fuck things up.

Don't worry, it will. Either stop it, or get dumped. Easier said than done.
>>
>>16494666
>I'm trying my best
That's where you stop. Stop thinking too hard, stop giving shits.
I know it is really fucking hard, but you need to find something else to do.
>>
>>16494666
Also, don't surrender yourself to the urge of messanging her. And stop thinking so negatively. You often ruin things for yourself.
>>
>dating
>>
>>16494720
>>16494794
>>16494801
thanks for the actual replies, will do.
>>
>>16494876
What is so irrational ? You think she is talking to other guys ?
>>
You need to understand that this is only a issue in your head, any while the subconscious can be a bitch, this is a situation you are in full control of. You are in control of your thoughts, and moreso your actions. As the other anons have said, by coming here and actually posting that you need advice sort of shows how you've kind of made this out to be an issue in your head. The best advice that I can give you is to just stop caring. Literally turn this issue into a non issue, and do absolutely nothing. Th ats really all there is to it.
>>
More importantly, who took this picture? This has to be animal abuse.
>>
>>16494595
You're doing a good job at makong sure u get dumped. Do something else instead of worrying about her. Let her breathe. Right now, you're the snake squeezing the shit out of the mouse.
>>
>>16494595
Start pestering other people until you find someone you could also see yourself being with. Then the possibility of being dumped won't seem so terrible after all.

These guys all make valid points:
>>16494631
>>16494645
>>16494720
>>16494794
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.