[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you tell me if I have a dry socket or an infection? I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Can you tell me if I have a dry socket or an infection?

I don't wanna pay $65 to $75 just for a doc to lay me down, open my mouth, and say "yep it's___" within 7 seconds. The clarity would be worth it but I don't have that pocket change.

I will describe what I'm feeling. Just got my wisdom teeth out on November 20. In my LEFT jaw it just feels like the pain goes down all the way to my jawbone. It's not throbbing. It's just there. A big pain. It hurts more if I drink or eat, as if liquids are getting in my socket? It hurts less if I apply heat to it (especially moist heat). But god it's just so painful that I'm always holding my hand up to my jaw as if I look deep in thought and sophisticated.

Is it just normal post-op agony or an actual problem?
>>
Oh god I think it's throbbing, this is really weird
>>
File: 1401008622810.jpg (45KB, 343x572px) Image search: [Google]
1401008622810.jpg
45KB, 343x572px
>>
sounds like dry socket to be honest, also i seriously hope you aren't eating solid food this soon after getting your wisdoms out.
>>
GO TO A FUCKING

D E N T I S T
E
N
T
I
S
T
>>
>>16494684
No I'm not eating solid foods. Soft foods but they just go down the hatch, I swallow them whole after putting them into my mouth with a spoon.

So guys I should schedule a follow up visit? Would each visit cost my insurance company or would it be out of pocket? Really don't want to withhold care and suffer just because money

>>16494687
yeah but you forget services aren't free. I fucking wish i could do what I want
>>
I'm a dental student, I might be able to help but I can't guarantee. If you can take a very clear photo, I could diagnose with some degree of certainty.

From your description however: sensitivity to cold but not hot is more indicative of dry socket. Radiating pain, too, although that's also indicative of infection. It's likely both, maybe a minor dry socket/exposed area and it's become infected.
>>
>>16494684
It only takes like a day to heal from wisdom tooth removal. Don't be a pussy.

>>16494695
>Would each visit cost my insurance company
Do we look like insurance agents? The best thing you can do is go get it fixed. Since it's related to the wisdom tooth removal, it's most likely on the dentist to cover the cost. From there, the receptionist will work with your insurance to figure out who is gonna pay for it.

>I fucking wish i could do what I want
Debt exists for a reason, nigga. Most of it comes from medical bankruptcy. If you're hurt, you're gonna have to be okay with having that albatross around your neck. If you ever figure out how to deal with things yourself, then you'll discover that it's easier to just make payments on the debt instead of filing Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
>>
I'm really scared.
My mouth has always been teeming with bacteria and it was normally hard to keep clean anyway. Now that I basically have wounds in my mouth, infection was inevitable...

Dental student, can I get an infection while being ON antibiotics?
>>
>>16494695
GREAT

ENJOY YOUR ROT-MOUTH, WHICH WILL BE THE CONSEQUENCE OF NOT GETTING THIS TREATED BY A CERTIFIED HEALTH PRACTITIONER
>>
>>16494738
Well pick one.

Worry too much and overstress about a real problem, and get called a pussy like that one anon said or...

Actually get help for it.

Either or
>>
Also why is everyone treating me like shite? It's not like I wanted to be in agony. Yes I wanted to get this procedure done while I'm young so I never have to worry about wisdom teeth again, so yes I asked for it, but I didn't ask to be in THIS much pain.

Like I said I was fine at first but the pain just skyrocketed on day #3. Called the dentist office perhaps five hours ago and all she said was "But it's the third day after surgery, it's its peak". Yeah it typically hurts after getting teeth pulled but this much?
>>
>>16494787

I'm >>16494703

Were you not told to keep gauze by the extraction point for a couple of days? Typically you keep gauze somewhat tightly packed in place for 36-48 hours, then take it out and eat small room temperature foods and just water for at least another couple of days. After 4-5 days you should be back to normal.

For me personally, I've never had a painful extraction or after the fact. Lots of bleeding and some pressure, but never any kind of pain. I'd question which dentist you used as my experience should be what you're having.
>>
>>16494808
>told to keep gauze by the extraction point for a couple of days
No? All it mentioned gauze was to stop the bleeding, changing the gauze every 20 minutes for 1 hour.

Should I try this gauze trick till I can get better help?
>>
>>16494886

>use gauze for only one hour

Nice joke. But really, when he said one hour he should have said at least a full 24hr.
>>
>>16494894
>he should have said

I was just given a few pieces of paper outlining post-op instructions, which was gone over with a nurse. I read and understood but didn't really know what I was in store for.
>>
Also can yelling upset the wounds?

at my house it is very stressful, yelling is the only way you can be heard here. I have to step in a lot to be the peacekeeper because of so much domestic violence. sucks not being able to talk
>>
what should I do in the meantime till I get treatment?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.