[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would be more practical to learn , french or spanish? and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: MFW.png (348KB, 401x401px) Image search: [Google]
MFW.png
348KB, 401x401px
What would be more practical to learn , french or spanish? and why? (pic unrelated)
>>
>>16494203
If you're American: Spanish.
If you're Canadian: French.
>>
>>16494212
...i'm scottish
>>
>>16494203
french
more of the civilized world speaks french than spanish.

only learn spanish if you plan to live or work around subhuman cockroaches
>>
File: back_you_go.jpg (53KB, 640x628px) Image search: [Google]
back_you_go.jpg
53KB, 640x628px
>>16494212
>if you're American: Spanish.
Only until Trump wins the election
>>
Spanish is far easier in respect to grammar.
>>
>>16494217
French

Jump on the chunnel and arrive in France. Therefore learn french.
>>
Whatever you think would be more practical. Spanish would be the most practical for me since I live in California and there's too many Mexicans
>>
Spanish if you're in the US and not in Louisiana
>>
>>16494203
Get the fuck out of here frank.
>>
>>16494217
Spanish is more practical because it's more widely spoken, which is all I can advice without knowing anything else about your lifestyle, ambitions, or where you'd want to travel. French might still be right for you if you plan to live in french speaking countries.
>>
I responded in your /trv/ thread

76 million french speakers, 400 million spanish speakers.

pretty easy choice.
>>
>>16494297
>>16494285
but are those who speak spanish the type of people you're going to talk to alot? no, because they are mostly illiterate farmers and slave laborers

spanish has more speakers than english, yet english and french are the worlds business languages

there are more javanese speakers than french speakers, but who cares?
>>
>>16494297
>76 million french speakers
I highly doubt that.
>France
>French Canada
>All those African shitholes
>All those north-African shitholes
>some of Cambodia
>Belgium
>Switzerland
>Luxembourg
>Tons of island states
>>
>>16494226
I don't think Trump is electable though, and I live in TX, a state that is almost 40% Hispanic/Latino and trust me, they're not going anywhere no matter who gets elected. Even if you deport the illegals, they all have 4-5 kids who were born in the US and are citizens. I'm not sure on the specifics of the law but I'm pretty sure you can't legally mass deport a bunch of children who are also US citizens.

I went on a trip down to South TX near the border a couple of years ago and the demoraphics of most cities and counties down there are over 90% Hispanic and I heard Spanish being spoken around me more often than I did English. Hell, one restaurant I went to only had 1 waitress on that shift that could even halfway communicate in English with me and even then, we had a very hard time understanding each other.

Anyway, yeah if you live in the US then you should definitely learn Spanish. I'm assuming OP is in high school or something and is wondering what language they should take for their foreign language credits.
>>
>>16494317
It's closer to 80 million native speakers + ~70 million who can speak French as a 2nd language according to Wikipedia.
>>
Spanish here (from Spain, just in case someone wants to call me a laborer or whatever)

Even if you studied Spanish, it'd take you lots of years to even begin to understand latin americans. The differences with Spain's Spanish are huge and probably too much to take for a non native speaker. So don't really expect to be able to talk with the "400 million speakers" or whatever. Here's a kinda funny video that illustrates this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyp7xt-ygy0

I think both are incredibly hard to learn. I'm still a beginner in French, but I'm pretty sure both have almost the same depth and complexities with the whole verb conjugation shit and memorizing vocabulary being a bitch because of male/female nouns. Also both are culturally rich, in both literature and cinema.

I don't really know what to recommend, I think both are almost equally hard, and maybe Spanish is more useful if you ever see yourself travelling to latin america (and if you like latinas, heh)
>>
>>16494353
fuck I linked the vid in pure spanish. here is the one with the subs, sorry pals https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LjDe4sLER0
>>
>>16494330

>catering to and coddling foreign invaders

fuck off kek
>>
>>16494203
Both languages fucking suck
>>
>>16494360
I'm not catering or coddling to them, I'm just saying that now we reap what we fucking sow. We've let them come into this country illegally for decades now and have their babies here who are now all grown up and have babies themselves, in some cases even grandchildren. It's too fucking late, we shouldn't have let them come in here in the first place because now they've had millions of children here on US soil who are citizens. I've been out of high school for 10 years, my graduating class had ~30% hispanics in it. The elementary schools in my hometown are now over 90% hispanic. Just a couple more decades and TX will be majority Hispanic and become a blue state.

My grandfather moved my mother's family up to North Texas back in the early 70's because South Texas (where they lived) had become completely overrun with Mexicans to the point that all the local elected officials had become Hispanic over the course of two election cycles in their city/county. Over time they fired all white police officers, sherrif deputies, and any other city/county workers and replaced them with all mexicans. City councils and school boards were all Mexican, Sherriffs and Police Chiefs were Mexican. Then they started to pass bullshit local laws and ordinances and only enforcing them against the remaining white people in retaliation for the previous years that the all-white local government and law enforcement had done the same thing to them. This shit has been a LONG time coming and no one has done a thing about it and now it is too late.
>>
>>16494375
no one likes gooks
>>
Italiano ftw. There are so many illegal Mexican shitlords where I live. I want nothing to fucking do with Spanish. Can't wait to go to Italy.
>>
File: deal with it.gif (143KB, 424x301px) Image search: [Google]
deal with it.gif
143KB, 424x301px
>>16494360
>coddling foreign invaders
I agree that this shit needs to end.
Death to the blue-eyed devils.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.