[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A girl I'm dating says she might be agender. What does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 1

File: Agenderflag.jpg (15KB, 640x444px) Image search: [Google]
Agenderflag.jpg
15KB, 640x444px
A girl I'm dating says she might be agender. What does it mean for me?
>>
>>16493142

The fuck does it matter? I'm more worried that she felt the need to state her "agenderness", as if it's some type of special snowflake badge.
>>
It might mean she has a vagina, but testicles instead of ovaries. It happned to a female olympian who trained all her life, but was rejected after testing cause she "wasnt full female". Wont give you her name cause i learned it from sociology and forgot it. Google it yourself if you want to know more.

She might also be retarded.
>>
>>16493155
Agender refers to a mental state of not fully identifying with either gender, not a body disorder.
>>
>>16493142
It means she's fucking nuts. Way down the rabbit hole of special snowflake syndrome.

This is a BIG red flag.
>>
It's time to abort OP, hit the eject button before it's too late.
>>
>>16493142
I don't understand why people say these people are "special snowflakes", figuring out a word to use to make things faster has almsot always been beneficial.
Instead of saying "Im not really hyper feminine, or hyper masculine, in fact, I'm not much of either", you could just say "I'm agendered" I mean, it sounds stupid, but you have a word instead of a sentence now.
Thats all it means. Kinda stupid, because you are always a little more one side than the other, but whatever.
As what if means for yuo, it means do you mind having someone who doesn't necessarily identify with the feminine things women do, or what men do?
>>
>>16493179
Some things don't need made-up words desu. You can just be a girl and like cars, there's no need to go all "Oh no, I'm agender' about it.
>>
>>16493179
How about you don't say anything to not look like a complete idiot?
>Im not really hyper feminine, or hyper masculine, in fact, I'm not much of either
Who gives a shit? This means absolutely nothing meaningful aside from make them look like brainwashed idiots. It's just a bunch of buzzwords.
If you decipher the bullshit it basically means ''I am a woman, but I've read too much feminism nonsense, so I think there's something wrong or strange about me because I don't conform to the feminism made up concept of female gender roles''.
>>
>>16493179
Because there's not even any need to bring up "Im not really hyper feminine, or hyper masculine, in fact, I'm not much of either". Just show it through your behavior and actions. Why I would feel the need to emphasize I'm "Not like the other girly normie gurlzz" via a useless "agender" label, just because I have slightly masculine interests? I talk like a girl, feel like one and want to be called one, so who cares?

And what's the point of making masculine interests a big deal by going "Zomg I'm an agender speshul gamer gurl XD"
>>
>>16493179

I think it's because of how unusually common it is for the people who are kinda boring and have nothing special or remarkable about them to be the very same people who happen to be agendered, or to be wolfkin, or to be "slightly psychic," or to be pretty sure they were British aristocracy in a past life.

It really sucks for all the actually agendered people who will be unjustly grouped with the boring tools who wear identity traits as accessories, like they would a fedora or a french scarf, but that's the reality.

OP, if a girl you're dating says she's agendered, it means you're dating someone who tells people she's dating that she's agendered. What "agendered" means to her, and whether she actually is whatever she defines agendered to be, these are things you can only know by knowing her better.

But be wary, OP. She might be totally full of shit and utterly delusional. Don't assume she is, but be wary all the same.
>>
>>16493142
It means that she thinks you're fucking retarded. Or she doesn't,but she is fucking retarded. Either way,run away OP.
>>
>>16493210
>agendered people
No such thing exists.
An agendered person would be a robot.
It's literally impossible to be born without a gender. Incidentally gender is 100% synonymous with sex.
There's no such thing as gender identity, you don't suddenly turn into a woman because you wear clothes marketed at women. You don't suddenly lose your gender either when you ''don't identify'' as something. What you wear and do doesn't change your gender, not even cutting off your penis.
>>
>>16493210
I have a question, I heard that whether you identify as a boy or a girl is a sex thing, but how feminine/masculine you act is a gender thing.

So I ask, what the fuck even is the point of gender? Who the hell even cares how feminine/masculine you act? Can't you just show it through your behavior or interests? Or are people just so boring that they have no other avenues of conversation of which to pursue?
>>
>>16493221
According to tumblr, sex is whether you identify as a boy or a girl, gender is literally just how girly/manly you act. Of course this just raises more questions, see the post right below yours
>>
>>16493206
I mean, you say you're heterosexual, its just faster than saying "i like women(or men), and do not want to have sexual relations with the same sex"
I think people get upset because of the people who use it, but if normal people started to use it, its not such a big deal.

its just like that german word for liking others misery.
>>
>>16493235
>According to tumblr
Opinion discarded
>>
>>16493241
>" i only like women"
Doesn't look that hard to say
>>
>>16493227
It's just a way of pushing feminist agenda.
They push this idea that sex is male/female while gender is feminine/masculine/horsefuck/etc. They make fun of you and bully you if you disagree with it.
So now you would think that someone like Caitlyn Jenner is a FEMININE MALE, right? But nope. They do a double switch and now Caitlyn Jenner is just a FEMALE, something that was supposed to be related to sex and not gender, according to feminists.
Remember, guys. Gender and sex isn't the same, so now Caitlyn Jenner is female because that's his gender.
See how this works?
>>
>>16493241
I have never needed to state my sexuality in the context of real life, and barely have I ever needed to, online. You just hit on your preferred gender and hope to score, and that's it. Not get a label to rub it into everyone's faces for victim points

Also stating sexuality can be marginally related to scoring some ass, but telling someone you're not girly is just useless information. Just skip that shit and tell me what exactly it is that interests you, then
>>
>>16493235
Where does Tumblr get its definitions? These were real words before they got their hands on them and tried to redefine them, you do know that, correct???

I find it odd how these feminist types want to "break down gender boundaries", yet make them even larger by stating that things are inherently masculine and feminine, and that you must define yourself as agender if you lie in between.

How about we just let guys and girls like what they like and use the words 'masculine' and 'feminine' less, or to describe only physical qualities rather than interests and behaviors?
>>
>>16493247
no, because you like men and women, "I'm only sexually interested in women", which is slow than "im heterosexual" even more so than "I'm straight"
>>
>>16493241
Never once in my entire life I've ever had to state that I am heterosexual or that ''hurr durr I am a masculine man that identifies as male hurrrrr''.
Stop posting.
>>
>>16493242
You have to know the enemy before you defeat the enemy, you jackass. (Insert some shitty relevant Sun Tzu quote). If you're both operating on different definitions of a word, you'll both wind up confused and convince neither party. Thus missing opportunities to make sick rebuttals and burns
>>
>>16493258
Well yeah, you figured that was implied by other things you've done. She may have had a problem witht his in the past and tells people she's interested in now right up front that she's not very girly, so if you dont like that, then she's not for you.
I'm guessing its more to do with her trying to saying she's not very feminine, so if you like feminine girls, shes not for you.
>>
>>16493255
Except that if you're not turbo autistic, you understand perfectly what does it mean to "only like women".
>>
What ever happened to good old words/phrases like "tomboy" or "likes sports"...?

"Agender"? Yeah cuz every guy wants to fuck a girl who uses that sexy descriptor.
>>
>>16493261
Tumblr define words in a way that you have lost the argument by default.
If they say that their definition of gender is whatever the fuck it is, all they have to say is ''I am male, I am female, now I am a cat MEOOOW''. There's nothing you can say to prove them wrong.
The only way to win is to not even acknowledge their insanity. Don't learn what their bullshit means.
>>
>>16493265
yes, but if you tried to explain to someone "I'm not very girl" they'd say "oh, so you're a tomboy?" then you'd say "no, not really that either."
This just kinda puts it out there, without having to answer questions.
this is what to expect from her, its good that she told him, if OP doesnt like people who identify like that, then she's not for him.
I think people are just butthurt because they like the people who usually use the terms. because a lot of times its teenagers who dont really know the first thing about sexuality. They just wanna fuck everything, so they say "Im bisexual, doublegendered, im pansexual, or whateverthefucksexual"
>>
>>16493263
But what then is his definition of a girly girl? Then you have to clarify what you mean, when you say that you're not feminine. Is it in the ways that he dislikes? Or in ways that match his interests? So it's not exactly something you can use to shorten a conversation.

>I'm agender
>what is that?
>*explains*
>so in what way are you girly and in what way are you not?
>I like vidya

As opposed to

>I like vidya
>>
>>16493263
It doesn't make any sense.
I've had girls tell me that they aren't very feminine, and it literally means nothing. Literally. Calling themselves agender is the same, except the person assumes you know about their stupid made up terms.
>oh she's not very feminine
>maybe she doesn't identify as the feminine
>feminine masculine hurr durr feminine
Seriously?
Give me one concrete clear cut example of how this person is less feminine than the average woman. One example.
>>
SERIOUSLY

DO TUMBLR FOLK NOT FIND IT OFFENSIVE TO LABEL INTERESTS AS 'FOR BOYS' AND 'FOR GIRLS'???

TUMBLR FINDS EVERYTHING OFFENSIVE BUT LABELS EVERY INTEREST AS FOR ONE GENDER MAINLY.

WHAT THE FUCK???
HYPOCRITES!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>16493280
Well right now yes, thats correct. but if it becomes a more mainstream term, its better defined and a well rounded meaning.
I'm pretty sure it just means she doesnt like dresses, but doesnt like sports either.
I mean hobbies a lot of time are gender based, so yeah, things like video games come with it, but she may actually not feel too comfortable being girly, and maybe she wants to be. But for now, this is comfortable for her.
>>
>>16493284
you make a good point but if you lurk moar, you will realize tumblr hypocrisy is as new as Jesus's rotting nipple on the cross
>>
>>16493291
Jesus pathetic christ

So instead of calling "video games" and "sports" genderless, we are calling HUMAN FUCKING BEINGS genderless.

Fucking pathetic.
>>
>>16493284
>tumblr is hivemind and isn't just a bunch of people fighting with each other
>>
>>16493284
That's exactly why things like ''agender'' are popping up.
I don't think the idea is that ''agender'' fuckheads call themselves that because they enjoy ''male'' and ''female'' things, but because they are pushing the idea that the things they are doing don't belong to any gender.
It's like they are saying that video games aren't a male hobby, it's a genderless hobby. Sports aren't a male hobby, it's a genderless hobby. I like these genderless hobbies, so I am genderless and I refuse to accept cis piggu patriarchal gender roles etc.
That's the gist I am getting from this. It doesn't really mean anything, they are just butchering language.
>>
>>16493283
Well feminine in its true sense just depends if you're a women or not.
But in social context, its things that have been traditionally associated with females of that culture.In western culture its if she does not like cooking, sewing, child rearing, wearing dresses, wearing makeup, if she doesnt care much about aging, if she doesnt mind chasing after girls bluntly, if she doesnt mind being straightforward about something she dislikes.

Any of those.
>>
>>16493291
Well good luck with that, I don't consider what agendered to be bad people, as long as they're not rubbing it in my face. But I myself see no point in pushing for wider recognition of such a term, just because people are too lazy to adequately describe themselves.
>>
>>16493294
I mean, what do you thing gender is? Those things are sexless, but because historically they have been assigned to one gender, yes, they have a "gender" in a sense, You act like there's something wrong with that. Other languages based there objects around having genders.
Like isnt cat male in russian, but dog is female?
>>
>>16493304
>cooking, sewing, child rearing, wearing dresses
Oh, so basically it means that she acts like a normal fucking female in the year 2015?
Jesus fucking Christ.
> wearing makeup
That's pretty much the only thing women do, but not because it's FUMANINE XD but because makeup makes women look better, but makes men look gay.
>>
>>16493311
Huh?
I didn't say anything was wrong with it.

You are the one saying stripping gender is okay, on human BEINGS. I am saying, if we are going to strip gender of any noun, it should be something that doesn't have a biological gender, like, a hobby or item, rather than a person...

Do you understand my post now?
>>
>>16493315
it makes me look feminine. most guys dont want to look like that.
>>
>>16493311
If you want to get rid of gender roles, should you just stop saying things have a gender? Which by definition, means not having shit like "agender", as it only exists by having the idea of feminity and masculinity survive?
>>
>>16493330
This, thank you for describing better than I did
>>
>>16493323
I mean, you understand gender is made up right?
Gender is soley based on what we originally thought was good work for the sexes to do.
Obviously child rearing is still best dont by females until they can eat other foods, because we just got boobs sittin there.
So stripping isnt the right term.
Eventually the word wont matter anyway, agendered is only a thing because historically gender mattered. Women couldnt do a lot of things men could do and vice versa.
But the word will get phased out as soon as we dont have to worry all that much about genders anymore.
So I dont see why you guys are so worried about the special snowflakes.
>>
>>16493339
>But the word will get phased out as soon as we dont have to worry all that much about genders anymore.

You sure about that?
>>
>>16493339
We're worried about the special snowflakes because they appear to want keeping "gender" in vogue. The existence of terms like "agender" depends on the survival of definitions of femininity and masculinity.
>>
>>16493311
Stop posting.
As someone who speaks Russian, Lithuanian and Latvian this is fucking disgusting. Makes me cringe every time someone brings up languages with gendered words.
Not a single person who speaks languages with gendered words is going to back this stupid idea of gendering things, like it makes any sense.
There's probably a good reason why it's only English speaking countries that don't understand gender and that gender is primarily a literary concept. Generally being the ''female gender'' has nothing to do with your identity, it's more about the spelling of the words. Being male or female changes your pronoun and there are some spelling differences, that's basically gender.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.