[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

33 years old and I've never had more than a few sips of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Prohibition.jpg (49KB, 454x444px) Image search: [Google]
Prohibition.jpg
49KB, 454x444px
33 years old and I've never had more than a few sips of alcohol. Never been drunk, never been buzzed. Have I ruined my own life? Would I be a happier man now if I'd started drinking as a teen like everyone else? Would I have gotten laid more, had more friends? Have I missed out on everything life has to offer?
>>
Nothing you mentioned besides drinking alcohol has a direct correlation to anything alcohol related. So no, you probably wouldn't have had any of those things happen any differently. Odds are you'd be where you are now and if you drank enough in a less healthy state, err maybe even dependent upon alcohol.
>>
>>16491667

Yeah, that's what I usually think. Every now and again I feel like I've made a bad decision, like tonight. Just self-doubt, I suppose.
>>
>>16491662
>Never been drunk, never been buzzed.
It's all way over-hyped by people that have nothing more interesting to do. I drink on rare occasions, but I only do enough to get a slight buzz. It just makes me giggly and relaxed, but my stomach sours quickly. Actually being drunk is unpleasant.
>>
Trust me. No one thinks "that guy doesn't drink, let's not have anything to do with him."
Alcohol and self indulgence ruined a lot of people in my life. Don't head that way just because you're lonely.
>>
>>16491694

I mean, I have been turned down for a date (on tinder/okc) because I don't drink before. Which is not really the issue, but it does happen. The thing that bugs me is more like..."if I had been drinking, I bet I would have gone for it on x occasion, but instead I chickened out", that sort of thinking.
>>
>>16491662
Hey.

I'm kinda like you.

When I was a teenager, I never got drunk.
I had a few beers at my graduation and that was it.

I went like 5 years before I wanted another.

Then I was 25, and then I started drinking more.
Every free night I could, I drank like half a litre of 40% liquor.

It felt good. It still feesl good. I'm 26 now and I'm drunk on like half a bottle of rum, right as speak this to you.

All I'm saying is that I never wanted to be like this.

If you haven't started, don't start.
>>
>>16491712

Yeah, the reason I didn't start was that my dad was literally dying from his alcoholism when I was in high school, died on the waiting list for a liver. Every male on both sides of my family as far back as anyone remembers was an alcoholic. I don't really want to start...I just want to have done it, I guess?
>>
>>16491720
If you got the gene, don't fucking do it.
Don't fucking take a sip.

Trust me on that.
Turst me so help me god.

It'll consume you.
I though before I knew addiction, but I didn't.
I didn't consider ever that I'd want to be an addict.

I don't hide it from myself. I'm an alcoholic. I know what I am. I wish that I was not, but I am.

Just don't go down that road.
I was happy without it.
But then I got the bug, the desire.

So long as you never really taste it, you'll be happy.

Have a few beers with your buds, but don't follow it down the hard liquor path.
>>
>>16491720
>has enormous family history of alcoholism

Holy shit DO NOT drink. Not even more "sips".
>>
>>16491710
>I mean, I have been turned down for a date (on tinder/okc) because I don't drink before.
Did they invite you to a bar or something, and then you just mention out of the blue that you don't drink? Because you can still meet up with them without having to mention something like that. I'm bringing this up because I've seen a few threads about people with similar issues and this usually seems to be the reason why the person turned them down.
>>
>>16491741

Naw it's on my profile. I'm happy to go to bars. I enjoy ordering some ridiculous fruity virgin cocktail thing that sends the bartenders to their recipe books. But I've had more than one woman tell me that not drinking is a deal-breaker. Which is totally fine! I have idiosyncratic deal-breakers myself. And trying to hit on someone who's drinking when you're sober creates a sort of weird consent situation anyway. I don't blame them at all, or feel like I've missed out by not dating them.
>>
I envy you op. I wish I hadn't learned how to be an alcoholic when I was a teenager and had it spiral out of control and land me in jail several times and later on prison in my early 20s. Here I am drinking a 6 pack almost every night because that's just the only way I know how to live my life
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.