[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the hell do you hold down a job while you are homeless?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: ba4b63db.jpg (524KB, 1425x1425px) Image search: [Google]
ba4b63db.jpg
524KB, 1425x1425px
How the hell do you hold down a job while you are homeless?
>>
>>16491087
It's pretty hard, almost a catch 22.

Get a P.O. box and live in a car.
>>
Extremely difficultly. Sleeping will be the most difficult aspect unless you're lucky enough to get a night job. Sleeping during the day is actually pretty easy if you're clever. The other shit like laundry is pretty straightforward too.

If you're homeless you're likely also bank accountless. This means you'll be aware of local check cashing shops. Ask the people who work there if they know of places which rent out mailboxes. It's basically like an informal PO Box system. You use the place's address (it's usually like a dry cleaner or something) and they have little cubbies to hold the stuff that comes for you. Reasonable rates, all things considered. It gives you a legit looking street address to put down on your applications. This is the sort of thing which people who frequent check cashing shops tend to use, so they'll know. Welcome to the seedy life.
>>
>>16491104
how would i stash my clothes and belongings
>>
>>16491140
do you own car
>>
>>16491140
Self-storage. You usually get a good deal on the first year and I doubt you need much room. If you're really desperate (and have a backup because they will catch you), you can even spend a night or two in there. Helps if you live somewhere where the weather can get miserable and a major storm swings through. Your usual haunts will all be closed.
>>
>>16491150
no

>>16491152
thanks for this, have you been homeless?
>>
Why would you even want to be homeless
>>
>>16491259
>want
please fuck off
>>
File: gif.gif (494KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
gif.gif
494KB, 200x200px
>>16491259
>>
>>16491087
Man you just gotta do it be there on time and make sure you shower
>>
>>16491273
Sleep close to work and learn how to hide stuff. My black friend would smoke weed at school and hide the joint in his hoodie string slot thing
>>
>>16491241
Thankfully not for very long. It was just one of those things where I saw the writing on the wall, so I learned what I could in advance.
>>
>>16491087
You can use your current address for the bank stuff and choose to go paperless--that helps for a bit since you have a bank account to hold your cash and both your job and bank think you live in an actual house.

Being homeless is easier if you have a car, but if you live in the city there's the bus and train and whatnot.
If your homelessness is temporary, there's the ol' 24 hour gym route. That Gives you a place to store your things and a shower and a place to workout and de-stress (excellent alibi for the suspicious too)
Sleeping is harder... Like one anon said sleeping during the day is best as is having a night job. You could lug your laptop to the public library and fall asleep doing your "work". If people ask questions just be like "lol I'm sorry I had a killer shift and I still have loads of homework--you know the struggle lol". If you have good friends they may even let you couch hop. Some motels even have weekly and monthly rates, but those are grimy as hell and then there's the possibility of bedbugs.
Pack about ten articles of clothing that can be rotated and mixed about to give your backpack wardrobe variety and won't draw suspicious "didn't you wear that already" looks but pack hella socks and undies. Makes the laundromat easier too.
Keep up your hygiene omg this is imperative and do not forget to feed yourself.
This only really works for short time (a little over a month) and I've had to do this. It gets expensive and harder to keep up the appearance of not being homeless (doubly so if you're a girl like me) Once you start looking scraggly people (cops, strangers, people in stores) treat you like shit b/c let's treat those without a place to live like trash lol
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.