[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright you fat, virgin fucks. This is the official /adv/ man

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 18

File: tmp_5737-ZzgKRXP-2002029630.jpg (65KB, 450x394px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_5737-ZzgKRXP-2002029630.jpg
65KB, 450x394px
Alright you fat, virgin fucks. This is the official /adv/ man thread.

Consider this your call to action. Choose at least one part of you that you want to change and take action today to change it. Announce it in this thread, then take advice and give advice to others as we try to become better men. Update with your progress, provide pics, make goals, subdivide those goals into smaller goals and then conquer your tasks.

If you fall, get the fuck back up, do not quit, do not pussy out. Men get done what they say they will. Mistakes will happen, learn, update approach, hit it again until the goal is reached.

Today is the prep day. Clean, buy, get, whatever you need to get started. Tomorrow we hit it hard and we don't stop until the goal is reached.

Fuck the haters, we got this /adv/holes.
>>
Gay thread? Gay thread.
>>
>>16490014
I support this thread.

I'm not going to post anything (I like privacy), but we need more threads like this instead of the usual whiny bullshit -- making progress is infectious, and we should all strive to meet our potential.
>>
Op here, my personal goal is to get down to my college weight of 180lbs from my current of 225lbs.

My approach is to work out everymorning before work and every two weeks I am going to change my diet in one positive way. This will be a slower approach, but everytime I try to give up everything at once it never works. So starting right now, no more sodas. In another two weeks, I will add one more step to the diet, which will be, no more deserts/sweets.
>>
>>16490033
My thoughts exactly, lets get shit done rather than worrying about what to do next. Inactivity is the destroyer of men, takr action make it happen.
>>16490027
Yo bro! If your goal is to be more gay, post your goals and how you plan to reach them. Are you going to go up to five cocks chugged a day to ten? And if so how to you plan to double your dick sucking?
>>
>>16490045
I was just fucking with you.
>>16490036
My goal is more the opposite of this, I'm 6'4" and about 160-170 pounds. I used to be 220 in high school and was in much better shape. I want to get big enough to play football again, even if it's just between friends. So tired of looking lanky as fuck.
>>
Im going to lose weight.
I'll have to wake up everyday at 6am to run before going to work, its the only time i can do it and i dont have time to go to gym but fuck it, i cant stand another second of being a fatass.

Also, im fucking done with soda, junk food and candy.
>>
File: 150519_2867135_Rami_Malek.jpg (265KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
150519_2867135_Rami_Malek.jpg
265KB, 1920x1080px
>>16490036
You probably know this, but giving up pop cold turkey will give you shitty withdrawals. If you're a big soda drinker.

Eating some sugar in small moderation is ok. Good luck with your goal.
>>
Not a virgin, fat, or whatever, but I am a man and I'm fed up with shit.

Like most people, I'm tired of living with my parents. I'm 21, just started going back to school this semester. I know that if I get my GPA back up to satisfactory and get as many credits as possible, I can transfer to a school far away and get a jump start on my life. Just need to find the right school.

>>16490069

Anon, what I can say is this: you're gonna crave sweet tasting food hard. Make sure you're still addressing that desire for a sweet taste with a healthy substitute without pigging out because your cravings got too real.
>>
>>16490075

You are absolutely right about this, im still going to drink caffeinated drinks like unsweet tea for a while. One step at a time, within a year I will be down to chicken breasts on brown rice cooked in grapeseed oil with raw broccoli and a gallon of water a day, but I aint anywhere close to that yet, and I wont make it if I do all that at once.
>>
>>16490058

Awesome goal! Just be careful of the "muh proteins!" excuse To eat a bunch of greasy meat products, and keep to healthy meats and vegetable protein to get your muscle fuel.
>>
>>16490113
Make sure you give yourself date specific goals on this one. Find out your top five choices asap. Then find out the key dates in their admittance process and set a cf oal calendar based off of these deadlines. Dont get lost in the research phase and end up missing the forrest for the leaves.
>>
>>16490141
I actually just quit my job at a fast food joint and have been trying to stay away from it. I've literally been eating fast food for like 2-3 weeks straight. I feel gross inside.
>>
>>16490069
Waking up early might be one of the harder parts to keep on your goal. These tips have helped me get my ass out of bed.

>put alarm clock on the other side of the room.
>engage your body as soon as you turn the alarm off. Immidiately do a few push ups/sit ups/ squats/ and some stretches tonget your blood flowing.
Get a nice glass of ice water to get the morning taste out of your mouth
>splash cold water on your face
And the biggest help of all
>no tech until you finished your run. It is so easybto look at your phone firstbthing in the morning and lose track of why you woke up early in the first place.
>>
>>16490014
>/adv/ man thread
>posts a cross fitt "athlete" trying to look cool with a bright orange hammer used for hitting tyres

This thread and choice of pic are retarded.
>>
>>16490225
You do you homie, best of luck reaching your goals in your own ways. Let us know if you need any help.
>>
>>16490158
Only problem is my GPA is dirt right now and I don't have all the credits yet so I don't know if I can apply to the schools I want yet. You can't apply on a conditional can you? Like an "I'll have met your requirements by the time I arrive"?
>>
I don't know what I want to change. Quite frankly I am fine with where I am.
I recently quit my job and now I am spending all my time online reading shit, watching videos and playing games.
The only thing I am worried about is that I can't continue living like this forever. Sooner or later I will run out of money. Also I can't live forever, period. Sooner or later I will die or get really ill.
I am less concerned about ''hurr I am 170lbs, but I want to be 180lbs!!!! That feel when no GEEE EFFF!!!'' and more concerned about finding a good way of killing myself before I have to deal with serious health problems.
Going back to work would be awful. I don't want to work, I don't want friends, I don't want a girlfriend. What I want is to not experience negative feelings and opt out of life before I have to deal with serious issues.
What about me, OP?
>>
>>16490260
Don't think so, but you dont know for sure until you call an advisor at the school you want to go to and make sure. Make this your priority.
>>
>>16490161
I know the feel man, get on those progresso soups and get that shit out of your system.
>>
>>16490282
Make a flowchart that lays out how you will off yourself under different circumstances. If a then b, if c then d. Make sure you set it up so that you will off yourself if any predicament would require too much effort, that way there isnt any effort or thought put into killing yourself, all you are doing is following the flowchart of least resistance.
>>
>>16490310
Unnecessary. I just need a good method of suicide that I can fall back on at any moment.
I have ideas, but reading about them online there seem to be a lot of conflicting opinions.
>>
>>16490335
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_bag
>>
I'm gonna quit my shit cafe job so I can sit at home and study graphic design for a possible career.

I actually went to uni for it but dropped out because I didn't want to do the work for fear of failure. I designed some stuff and it didn't turn out so great and I panicked and dropped out.

But I can't just find another job, I really enjoy graphics & understand them.

Basicly what I'm asking is how do I make sure what happened at uni doesn't happen to me again. What if I just sit in my room playing video games instead of pushing myself with this graphics?

Please help me get some determination & willpower.
>>
Alright, I'm gonna start working out tomorrow, wish me luck !
(For those who are curious, I'm planning to do a program called P90X3)
>>
>>16490522
Its a good program, it is tough though. What I reccomend is that you do as much as you can each day, then half ass the rest of the program. Ex: you hit 20 minutes hard before you simply cant keep up the pace, the next ten, take it easy. Make sure to complete the session every day though. Dont pause it, and dont stop it, keep moving for the entire time period. As time passes you will get further and further, but if you stop halfway on anyday it is very easy to get discouraged.
>>
Alright cause everyone seems to be too much of a pussy to reveal a little of themselvs i guess i'll be the first.

I want to get a smexy body sadly i am pretty small 166cm I also wanna be a cop lately though cause of work i havent gotten the time to train i used to train 5 days a week but now i need motivation, saw this post. Got exited, not only that pretty bad at socializing with girls. I can easy be friends with them but when i get a sniff of them liking me i become awkward and pussy out. got bad selv esteem too, cause well i am on 4chan where a waste off time and cancer is forged. (mainly cause of how small i am though) For a week ago though i met my old classmate who i havent seen for i dont know 10year or less pretty cool dude, met him at the gym he is all i want to be. a dude that got confident. today i'll do 40 push ups and 100 sit ups even though i just eat chips and drank two bottles of soda after work. Then homework.
>>
I wanna start doing exercise again. Not because I'm getting fucking fat, because I'm still slim -but a little chubby- but because I feel it's just such a wonderful way to clear your mind

It's not like I'm having the most sedentary live out there. Okay, I eat a lot of crappy food and all that shit, but I walk a lot. Instead of taking the subway for only 2 stops, I go everywhere by foot. There's been nights I've walked 7 KM to get from one point to the other, and way back. And I'm only talking about the nights I go out to bars and that

Still, I gotta do something with my belly
>>
I was terribly closed to NEETdom not long ago. I've managed to improve things a fair bit. I got a job, I'm starting college soon, and my social life is improving. I still need to get in shape though. I'm at least 70 pounds overweight and I gotta get a handle on this shit.

/adv/, how do you motivate yourself to stay on track with diet and exercise?
>>
>>16490460
Get involved in the graphic design communitee. Go to conferences, network. Constantly improve your portfolio. Surround yyurself with like minded people. Find a mentor. The people that are going to give you the best advice are those who are foing what you want to do.
>>
Thank you for making this thread man
>>
>>16490538
A good portion of the program has got to be the diet, right?
>>
>>16490546
Make it happen captain! Once you get that momentum going you will begin to conquer that pussy rather than being one.
>>
>>16490552
Add little bits in throughout the day.

Before you walk oit the door you have to do 20 pushups.

Before you get into bed you have to do 20 sit ups. Use these little bits of forced time between activities to reset your mind between tasks throughout the day.
>>
>>16490555
Nice trips faggot.

Now then, motivation, just fucking do it. Set rules, rewards, and punishments, be your own parent. It sounds cliche, but psychologically, it fucking works.

Break your goals down into smaller segments and stick to smart goals:
Specific
Measurable
Appropriate
Realistic
Time sensitive
>>
Been skinny all my life, I'm 5'10" and 150lbs and 32. Went from 136lbs to 157lbs in three months earlier this year, just my eating more (all in all my diet is quite healthy, I'm Scandinavian,) so I know it's possible. I just burn off fat by a redicolous rate just by being alive. Haven't worked out more than ten hours the last seven years, and that needs to change. I even have a membership at a gym, but I always find some excuse.

I would also like to stop drinking. I rarely get wasted, but I drink at least 5 days a week, and it's expensive where I'm at, so I'm always behind on bills.

Also want to quit my job and work full time as an artist. Been selling paintings for 13 years, so know that's possible as well, but I never seem to do what I need to do in order to live off it full time. Would like to tutor privately, and I got the space for it, and a website, but I procrastinate advertising for it.

tl;dr Sick of drinking all my money away, neglecting my passion and being skinny. Have the resources, but lack motivation.
>>
this thread is so durr that i can't complete this hurr
>>
>>16490612
Sounds like you know exactly what you need to do.

Maybe start by going through and itemizing your expenses and bills and come up with a reasonable amount you will make as an artist. Then establish a line item budget and see ehat needs to be cut, drinking, and what additional costs are going to come eith the chsnge of lifestyle. Once you have your budget set up you just need to make it happen.
>>
>>16490615
But you did, and then somem good example of how to overcome a negative mindset of "cant" and following through.
>>
I'm quitting masturbating.
It isn't giving me joy anymore and is taking up too much time I could spend doing something worthwhile.

Moreover, I'm going to exercise more.

Let's get to it, /adv/.
>>
>>16490565
Lets see some results first, ill acvept thanks after that.
>>
I will workout and like my body.
>>
>>16490567
Yes it is. Approach the diets like the workout, within reason, and always try and do more than the previous day/week.
>>
>>16490637
>>16490630
Fuck yeah! Lets see some results you motherfuckers! Glue some fucking dumbells to your hand so you litterally couldnt masturbate.
>>
>>16490625
Thanks. Should be easy. Apart from drink, I treat myself to too many pub meals the first week after payday.
Apart from that my personal expences are very low. I rarely buy clothes, a phone can last me at least three years, I still use nicotine, but I don't smoke anymore, which has cup my costs by 1/3.
I really do spend stupid amounts of money on alcohol. I know how to put together a healthy, cheap meal, so just need to stay away from pubs, which is a good idea anyway if I want to gain muscle.

I know what to do, I just need strangers on the Internet to tell me it's time. (I'm recovering from 6 years depression, and going out meeting people has been crucial for getting out of my head, hence my expensive habit.)

Don't let this thread die.
>>
File: hellyeahmotherfucker2.jpg (190KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
hellyeahmotherfucker2.jpg
190KB, 720x540px
>>16490647
WITNESS
>>
>>16490649
Dont let your motivation die you sexy motherfucker. You best show the fuck up and make it happen.

Side goal for you if you choose to accept it. Any artist needs to regularly produce and practice their craft. I challenge you! Once a week, you must post in this thread/ subsequent threads an in progress work of art. No matter what criticism you receive you must continually produce. If you let your craft die, you let yourself die. Dobit you glorious bastard!
>>
I will not take shit from anyone, I'll respect myself while still respecting others. I will push myself harder than ever before.
>>
I'm going to exceed my own physichal limits each month from now on. I've been training for a while, but now I want to know what my body is truly capable of.
>>
>>16490691
Good, but make sure you also dont take constructive criticism as someone giving you shit. Sometimes the truth is harsh, but you need to hear it.
>>
>>16490705
Make sure you are settong smart goals, see >>16490610, dont just exceed, exceed by a specific amount each month in a specific area. Then if you dont make it, evaluate and adjust. Keep track and modify as needed to maximize resluts.
>>
>>16490014
OP! Help!
I'm totally on your side on changing one's own world, but I seem to pussy out all the time after about two weeks! I always find some cheap excuse until I quit completely and fall back into old routines.

Also I think I'm super senstive for a 30 year old. Maybe I'm just not carved out of that wood warriors are made of. But there has to be some potential I can use.

I'm 6'2" at 143 lbs, been that way forever, I hate myself on the beaches!!

So that's 3 points I need to change, how the FUCK do I maintain motivation??? TELL ME FAGGOT
>>
6'2, Use to be 318 pounds. Went on Diet and starting to work out about 30 min a day. Workout is 20 min on treadmill, lift 15 pounds weights, 10 push-ups and sit-ups. Goal is 250. Been 3 months, I'm now 290.
Is this a good amount of weight loss in 3 months or can do better?
>>
>>16490869
That is awesome progress! Great job on keeping it up dude. If you want to push yourself harder, go for it, just dont push yourself to the bresking point, it could cause relapses.
>>
>>16490935
Thank! I feel better now
>>
>>16490859

Spend some time on /fit/, but not too much time, those guys can be fucking psychos. But, they can help with the bulking more than I can.

As per the motivation and sensitivty, consider this thread your own personal support group. But the point of this is that you have to do it yourself. We can hold you accountable, and you can help you get back up, but you are the one thatbhas to get shit done. So fucking do it!
>>
>>16490963
You bet your sweet ass you do! Now share the love and use your momentum to help be the spur in the side for the rest of us.

You are a motivation for me.
>>
File: pbf.jpg (42KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
pbf.jpg
42KB, 480x360px
>>16490014
I'm going to lose weight
I am 5'10 and weight 150 fucking pounds
i need to drop to 130 minimum
100 preferred
>>
>>16491027
No one knows your situation or body better than you, bit that weight doesnt seem healthy. See a Dr. And get a proffessional opinion. After that reassess your goals, then attack. Get it!
>>
I want to start reading again.
Any suggestions?
>>
My goal is to start self-defence classes. I'll call the instructor in my dinner break tomorrow and start during the week.

I'll probably shave my head on Tuesday.
>>
File: 1226293416249.png (3KB, 168x264px) Image search: [Google]
1226293416249.png
3KB, 168x264px
Hopefully when I go back to school, I'll start giving a shit about women again. Maybe I'll make some friends since all the ones I had left the state and now I most closely can relate to a racist 40 year old developer at work.

I'm too young for this.
>>
>>16491075
Thats a loaded question there buddy. Choose a genre, fiction, self help, business, historical, etc... and then imnsure we can narrow down some examples to help you on a strong start. But!!!!! Get started now! Pick a long lost favorite, or simply the closest book to you that isnt a video game guide and start reading. Suggestions are good, but dont wait to hear from others to start your goal. That is a method of procrastination. Turn off your phone or computer right fucking now! Grab a book and loose yourself you silly twat!
>>
>>16491085
Let us know when you start! Good job on setting a timeline for your first steps!
>>
>>16490014
I want to be less distracted, less disorganized and less underachieving. I want to find enjoyment in things that will matter for my future, not just temporary enjoyment from porn and video games.

I just don't know how to do all of this, I wish I were someone I'd find less pathetic.
>>
>>16491094
What the fuck is this "hopefully when I go back...." bullshit? No! Fuck that! Start now! Go talk to a girl, go find some random fucking stranger and I challenge you to keep a conversation for one whole minute. You have nothing yo loose as in all likelyhood you will never see them again. But you have to start building confidence on women you have no connection to, otherwise when it comes time to do it with a woman you might see a second time you will jizz spaghetti. Nah, not gonna let you do that. Make it yourbjob that everyday, you make minimum one attempt to talk to a female for at least a minute. Then, build up over time, twice a day, two minutes, three times a day, three minutes....etc...

Make it fucking happen you sexy son of a bitch!
>>
>>16491205
That pretty much goes for everyone here.
It takes three weeks to form a habit. And each bad habit has to be replaced by a good habit. So here is what you do. For the next three weeks, instead of looking at porn you will *insert productive behavior here*. Then each day you succeed at this, give yourself a reward, one hershy kiss, a dollar in a jar toward something special, etc. Keep on this until you can successfully go three weeks without doing the bad habit and instead doing thebgood habit everyday. Then repest the process on the next habit you want to break.

I recomend reading, "the power of habit" its also an audiobook.

You got this! Fucking do it!
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>16490669
Challenge accepted.

Pic related, in progress.
>>
>>16492196
tfw it's suppose to be 90 degrees clockwise
>>
>>16490014
>Clean, buy, get, whatever you need to get started.
Done it years ago.
>Tomorrow we hit it hard and we don't stop until the goal is reached.
I always start tomorrow and never really started doing anything. How do I make myself do shit?
>>
>>16492208
How do you make yourself do anything? You have to want it, realize its importance, value it over be your current bad habits, put forth the effort, reward yourself for completing the task, just fucking do it already! If you havent done anything toward your goal between the time you made your post and the timenyour are reading this, then stop what it is you are doing ad do it right fucking now!
>>
>>16492196
I like it dude! Especially the minute gradients on the brown form. Keep it up you glorious bastard and post more as you progress! Good on you for taking some initial steps!
>>
OP here.

Woke up an hour late today, but I still made my workout a priority and hit it this morning! Life is going to try and get in the way of your goals, whether its work, spouses, parents, time, money, whatever. Just remember, all these things should be supporting you in completing your goals. Work to live your life so you can do what you want, if your job keeps you from doing what you want than that isnt the right job for you. You dont exist to earn money, money exists to serve your needs. Your family is a support system, not a limitation. Stop making excuses and make results!
>>
Alright ass hats! Report in. What have you done today to get closer tobyour goals?!
>>
File: 1407251269546.jpg (61KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1407251269546.jpg
61KB, 400x400px
>>16490014
Tfw fat
Tfw still get along great with women
Ayyyyy
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
I wanna go out and have a conversation with at least 2 people per day (except when i dont go out). Im hoping this will stop me from feeling lonely and make me some friends.
>>
I am going to start working out after I stop being sick. I'm 5'10" and 170, and it's really starting to affect how I feel. I just want to go down to 140-150 and not worry about how I look when I go out in public.
>>
recently i became insecure with my height. someone brought up the point that i may be attributing all my shortcomings(lol) to my height when really it may be due to other real problems. these seem like real issues in my life that i haven't been solving. can u guys give me feedback on this? and also do u guys think the solutions next to the problems are good? any advice on how to improve this ? What should i do first?

what i have wrong in my life

im not following my passion as well as i should be - draw every day,go to museums, volunteer

im shy - start looking at peoples eyes, go to parties, talk

im boring - go out more, talk more

im noot in good shape - got to physical therapy then run, do insanity, got to sleep ealier, get up earlier.

i dont talk to my friends - next time go out and hang out when i get invited to parties

i dont talk to girls - make eye contact with girls i like, start convo gain experience

i doint know how to be funny with strangers - first got to talk to them

i dont speak up - think i need to fix other problems and feel more secure

i dont cook - cook dinner once a week

drive - go to dmv , do paperwork

i hate where i live - get better grades transfer colleges to dorm, make money to pay for dorm

what i have good in my life

college
art skills
friends (who i haven't been hanging out with lately)
family
im smart
food
water
internet
house(parents)
im young so my whole life (hopefully)
some money
laptop
music skills
used to be athletic
>>
>>16493328
Good for you comrade! Share your tips for success and help others to reach your level of confidence and success.
>>
>>16491075
Read stop-time by frank conroy
The egytion by mika Waltari
The agony and the ecstasy by irving stone
>>
>>16490014
I want to forget about all my ex's so I can live in peace
>>
>>16490014
I'm in.
Many things I need to change in my life but I'll start with something small. Starting today no more electronics while I'm in bed. Since quitting my job I've fucked up my sleep schedule. Also right after waking up I'll go out for a walk every morning.
>>
>>16493513
Thats is a great goal. Set your phone alarm on the other side of the room and like Ali, flip the switch and be in bed before the lights go out.

Enjoy the walks and before you know it you will be jogging then running every morning instead.
>>
>>16493513
hey thast good, once u fix ur sleeping u can turn that walk into a run and the exercising will help with sleep!
>>
>>16493509
Hard but not impossible. Instead of trying to forget about them, sit down and analyze each on into facts, mistakes, and successes. By breaking them down into non-emotional events, you turn them into lessons to learn from for future relationships, and ditch the drama that is holding you back.
>>
I'm a skellington at 140lbs and 5'8". Always been a skinny guy since puberty. How do I into lifting.
>>
>>16493524
>>16493527
Hivemind that shit!
>>
I have many goals. Maybe too many. Perhaps writing it all out and prepping it may help me stick to it, and maybe it'll help another anon.

>Lose Weight
5'4 - 160 lbs. Apparently I look bigger than I used to be. My college campus had every fast food available and unlimited refills so I destroyed myself.
- Stop drinking soda/Having fast food so much.
- Buy healthy shit, cook healthy shit
- Actually have 3 meals a day and a lot of watah.

>Go to the Gym
I pussy out of this for a few reasons. 1. I'd have to go at 6 am. I'm a horrible morning person, but the commute after work would mean a filled up gym. I'm too embarrassed to go by myself because I'd look like a pussy and not know what I'm doing. Also, when I workout I tend to fart. Then I smell, it's embarrassing. Still gotta do it tho.
- Go with a friend. Get a routine.

>Girls
My loneliness is quite fun at times, but I don't do anything. My social life is minimal considering I stream/Youtube shit, to no audience but I should really try to get a girl. Hopefully the first two goals can help me. But online dating is such bullshit. Free sites are catfish, paid sites have very little non blacks who like blacks. Idk.
- Go out more, hobby up. Try your best to talk to strangers.

>Cutting off porn
Plain and simple, dropping a grand for porn and paid company isn't healthy. It's a shit habit and it's going to catch up to me.
- Block all porn sites.
- Delete collection.
- Try not to view women as objects.

I think that's all I need OP. Thanks for letting me write it out.

Your pic reminds me of Pool Party Graves.
>>
I'm going to go out into the desert and gun down some small time heroin dealers I know.
Wish me luck, /man/.
>>
>>16493482
Sounds like you got a lot going for you, start small, build momentum, and then attack the bigger items. Nothing will be fixed over night, just keep at it until it gets comfortsble and then increase intenisty until your comfort zone aligns with your goals. You got this!
>>
>>16493568
Make a plan and stick to it. If you are serious about taking the life of another person make sure you are prepared to loose your life in the process.
>>
>>16493340
Go to social functions that fit your hobbies and interests, dont force yourself to fit in where you dont.
>>
>>16490014
Continue my cut for at least 3% more bf,
get better at talking to girls
find a girlfriend
>>
>>16491245
I thought it took 200 days to form a habit
>>
>>16493556
Focus on setting short term goals that build up to the long ones. Doing all of this at once is putting a lot on your plate but you csn fucking do it if you do it right.

Read the thread, almost everything you have said so far has beend addressed with another anon. Stick to it and post updates. Dont beat yourself up if you mess up, approach from a stance of logic, learn from your mistakes, re-evaluate your approach and then attavk again before you have down time.
>>
>>16493612
Never heard that before. Not disputing, just never heard it.
>>
File: elsantobluedemon.jpg (30KB, 555x429px) Image search: [Google]
elsantobluedemon.jpg
30KB, 555x429px
>>16490014
Despite poor photo choices OP, I'm into this thread.
I hate where I live, Iv'e been too fat for too long, I don't have a job and debt is building (am a student), my lifestyle sucks and is boring and I just ate sausages 9 days past the best before date.

Today I start by cleaning this dump of a room, and finishing due projects. Tomorrow I will exercise someway somehow for at least 25 minutes, hand out 10 more resumes, brush ma teeth twice and read for a total of 1 hour.

By the new year I'll going the (fuckin free) school gym at least 3 times a week, be reading 1 book per month and be working a job that at least will pay for rent

Shit has needed to change for a long while now. Time to man up.
>>
>>16493628
Well, I'm just saying something I heard some people say. I haven't fact checked so, in this case you maybe right. Plus its not like it's the same for everyone.
>>
>>16491075
read a book that's already known for being really good. On the Road, LOTR trilogy, The Sun Also Rises, stuff by Kurt Vonnegut, The Great Gatsby, the list goes on forever. Or maybe if you like non fiction maybe dip into some pop psychology or evolution stuff like Outliers, The Power of Habit, Freakanomics, The Origin of Virtue, Wisom of Psychopaths etc etc.

So yeah, start with a book (or series of short stories) known for being good and hack away at it for at least 30 minutes a day.
>>
File: Photo on 11-23-15 at 2.35 PM.jpg (66KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 11-23-15 at 2.35 PM.jpg
66KB, 640x426px
I LIKE THIS THREAD

I WILL DO THE DISHES
>>
I like this thread. I just got laid off of work, but it's a solid reminder that I can work on other facets of my life as I look for work as well. Thank you guys.
>>
>>16493340
It's surprisingly easy to strike up casual conversations. Just don't get discouraged if one or two don't go well.
>>
File: tumblr_nsxn32ufnS1qfrhwto2_1280.png (1021KB, 1275x715px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsxn32ufnS1qfrhwto2_1280.png
1021KB, 1275x715px
>>16490123
Dieting is hard as dicks. You should quit pop cold turkey, but drink some caffeine like tea as you said, when you get unbearable withdrawal headaches. Only when you get the headaches.

You don't gotta have a diet that specific. You can if you want. But making a homemade pizza or cheeseburger don't hurt anything. Just be very strict about not overeating. Eating several small meals throughout the day is the best.

Just don't tell yourself you gotta give up the good stuff to be thin. Eat a cookie sometimes, drink a pop once in a while. Portions are the biggest thing to consider. And being active, obviously.
>>
>>16490198
Only thing thats worked for me is supergluing tacks on my snooze button. Slammed my hand down on it only once.
>>
File: average.gif (2MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
average.gif
2MB, 600x338px
>>16493486
I'm naturally relaxed around women so that's probably part of it, but I did hang out with a group of lesbians for a while. They were young and experimenting and my other friends were busy so I started hanging around them and we had so much god damn fun. Being friends with them taught what I do and don't want in long term relationship. Also jaded me to boobs, periods, and the like.
>>
File: 1428382672647.jpg (159KB, 770x929px) Image search: [Google]
1428382672647.jpg
159KB, 770x929px
Gents, this year I became homeless and jobless, slept in my car, had no hope, and I come to you today saying I've totally turned my life around.

I'm a 26 year old college dropout, recovered drug addict, and lifelong loser, and today life couldn't be better.

We are all of us stronger than we think. Take things one day at a time, do the next indicated action, and all difficulties can be overcome.

I'd make a longer post but I'm on lunch at work on my phone
>>
>>16493866
Awesome results! Please post more on what motivated you and what strategies you took when you hit brick walls and thought you couldnt go on.
>>
>>16491027

Dude no. I'm 5'10 and I weigh 185.

What you need to do is gain muscle. Pushups, sit ups, and pull ups for you.
>>
>>16493700
UPDATE:

I HAVE PLAYED DOTA FOR THREE HOURS, AND AM NOW BEGINNING THE DISHES
>>
>>16491027
that is excessive

if you're a male, your weight is healthy, but on the thin side. If you're female, your weight is also healthy & on the thin side. 130 would be very unhealthy for you at that height, and 100 would be scary, horrifyingly thin. Please be kind to yourself, and seek therapy for these thoughts.
>>
>>16494179
>130 is unhealthy

Boxers aren't unhealthy

Keep trying fatass
>>
>>16494195

according to BMI 130 for a guy 5'10" is slightly underweight, so if you're a computer scientist who never goes outside, then 130 is normal enough. If you're spending a lot of time with cardio, in the ring, and in the gym, then yeah 130 would be hella unhealthy m8!
>>
5 years ago I was in a shitty position. Disliked where I was in life. Read a ton of self-help books, until I realized they were all just saying common sense and the only path to success was going to be obvious, long, and arduous. I wrote down my far fetched goals. Some were very weird/creepy looking back such as sleep with at least 3 asian girls, have 2 fuck buddies in rotation, graduate from a top university in computer science, complete a half ironman, and some other lesser things lol. It's been five years and I'm about to graduate with a degree in CS from a top university, I slept with all those girls and more after I tore my tendons in my feet from over-training for the half-ironman which forced me to only workout with weights (surprise: girls are very easy when you're buff). Anyways it's been a 5-year struggle and for over half of that I was basically celibate. Just thought I'd share--depending on how much success you want will entail a longer struggle
>>
>>16493901
>>16494179
>>16494195
>>16494357

Alright you daft fucks, lets keep the focus on reaching goals. None of us know each pthers situation. His goals might require him to reach that low weight. Is it healthy? Leave that to him and his dr. I dont have a phd and I am not going to pretend I know enough about the human body to say what is healthy. Best of luck to each of you on setging your goals.
>>
>>16494382
Good job anon, thanks for sharing! Any advice on getting through the hard times?
>>
>hikki
>big drinker
>unemployed

Started going for walks in the park to feel better. Practicing talking in front of a mirror and sending out apps/resumes. Somehow wooed a girl and lost my approaching wizard status. I'm going to taper down the booze and up the outdoor activity. I actually like winter so right now I'm feeling great.
>>
>>16494382
>5 years ago I was in a shitty position. Disliked where I was in life. Read a ton of self-help books, until I realized they were all just saying common sense and the only path to success was going to be obvious, long, and arduous. I wrote down my far fetched goals. Some were very weird/creepy looking back such as sleep with at least 3 asian girls, have 2 fuck buddies in rotation, graduate from a top university in computer science, complete a half ironman, and some other lesser things lol. It's been five years and I'm about to graduate with a degree in CS from a top university, I slept with all those girls and more after I tore my tendons in my feet from over-training for the half-ironman which forced me to only workout with weights (surprise: girls are very easy when you're buff). Anyways it's been a 5-year struggle and for over half of that I was basically celibate. Just thought I'd share--depending on how much success you want will entail a longer struggle
well done mate!
>>
>>16494166
You got this mein
>>
File: cheers1.gif (911KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
cheers1.gif
911KB, 500x200px
Just a reminder from one of history's better men, Marcus Aurelius:

"All that you pray to reach at some point in the circuit of your life can be yours now- if you are generous to yourself. That is, if you leave all the past behind, trust the future to Providence, and direct the present solely to reverence and justice. To reverence, so that you come to love your given lot: it was Nature that brought it to you and you to it. To justice, so that you are open in direct in word and action, speaking the truth, observing law and proportion in all you do. You should let nothing stand in your way- not the iniquity of others, not what anyone else thinks or says, still less sensation of this poor flesh that has accreted round you: the afflicted part must see to it's own concern."
From Meditations,Book 12.1

It is all within our power to be better men.
>>
>>16494636
SECOND UPDATE:

I HAVE NOT BEGUN THE DISHES

IM GOING TO SLEEP NOW
>>
>>16494450

I failed my second midterm for physics mechanics with calculus (for engineers) and was very bummed and was considering drinking a lot of vodka or something. I figured this one blemish would prevent me from reaching my dreams. I probably would have made things worse if I didn't talk to a family member first who assured me that I probably didn't do as bad as I thought I did. They were beyond wrong. Their lack of seeing the gravity of the precarious situation a fail on a midterm in this class put me in pissed me off, so that instead of drinking, I spent the whole night running. In general, staying away from alcohol is very important--the calories can't be used by the body, it impairs other brain chemicals, and it's poison to every cell in the body. Much better to experience fun through healthier ways and deal with frustrations through running or in the gym. Sidenote, ZMA really does work for getting buff. If you're short on money, the main ingredients (zinc and magnesium) do the trick at a much more affordable cost. During the celibate period I also found choosing to only fap in the shower to be a huge time-saver. Unexpected bonus: I can talk about how often I fap to girls bc it's obvious I don't fap to porn lol
>>
>>16494707

Forgot to mention: I did fail that midterm... F+. However, there was a curve, and everyone else failed much worse. I passed the class. It was the worst grade on my transcript as a C, but I then pulled an A somehow in the next physics class (I only took one other class that semester).
>>
>>16493686

I love your book list a lot. I'm curious why sun also rises is on there. It's a great book, but quite challenging imo. His short stories though, omfg, so good!
>>
Far from, I'm actually skinny and a little under average height, but virgin. I've been trying to work on my social anxiety and trying to get better at talking with others, which I have been working and is A LOT better than it was last year, but I only have a problem talking to the girl I've had a thing for for about two years.

She's shown signs of flirting with me and I flirted back, not as boldly as she did, since I'm pretty awkward at relationships since I don't hang out with girls and stuff.

Not tooting my own horn but I've been told I'm good looking by others multiple times, despite my social problems.

Anyways, I want to be able to talk to her much better and be able to make my social skills so much more better than they are now. I want to go into the business world and work my way up, but to do that I need great social skills, any exercises, tips, and such you bros can give? Every little counts.
>>
>>16495792

business world wants sales skills and good thinkers. Sales skills boils down to confidence and persuasion. Thinking skills is harder to measure, but many hiring managers are keen at spotting it. Keep at it mate!
>>
>>16490014
I will commit suicide tomorrow, if my psychiatrist isn't helping or doing shit. I plan to gas myself with the car of my mother. I prepared everything already. Got a pipe thingy that still moves and cardboard and ductape to close the holes in the front window. Whish me luck.
>>
>>16496100
>Whish me luck.
I don't know what you want us to tell you, but I hope you know just how much of a bad idea that is.
>>
Fucking excellent thread mate, bookmarked. Less whinging depressedfag threads, more positivity!

Aside from my ongoing soft drink battle, my goal is to have my first novel released next year. I'm hard at work writing it.
>>
>>16496100
Go shit up the Get it off your Chest thread. We don't want your kind here.
>>
I'm going to finally break up with my abusive gf. I'm getting tired of her getting drunk and demanding sex. It's no longer fun .
>>
>>16491027
5'9 here
Same weight same goal
>>
>>16491027
5'10 and 150
nigga what the fuck i'm 5'9 and 150 and skinny as fuak.
>>
>>16496298
Good for you! Dont get sucked into breakup sex or anything like that, cut it, cold and dry.
>>
>>16496100
Dude I am encious of you. If you have reached the point where you have nothing to loose than you have evrrything to gain! Go take the world and make it your bitch you magnificent fuck! You can go anywhere and do anything, because fuck it, there is literally nothing keeping you from doing anything since you would be dead otherwise. Go do it, find that one thing you always wan ft ed to do and focus the rest of your life to getting it done! You got this mother fucker!
>>
File: Kill me now.png (202KB, 863x431px) Image search: [Google]
Kill me now.png
202KB, 863x431px
>>16491027
>>16496308
>>16496332
Fuck.
I'm 5'5'' and weigh 180. I really need to change something.

I guess this thread is as good as any. I'm going to start small, I'm going to cut on my snacking. This overnight job is killing me in my nutrition. I need to start eating better and avoid the late night fast food.
>>
>>16496343
Replace the sncks with fruits and veggies
>>
I really want to improve my speaking voice intonation the things i say etc because i always embarrass myself and even if i had better body i will still look and sound like retard but i have no idea where to start from
>>
>>16496430
Nobody?
>>
>>16496308
Those jobs suck, I worked 5- 12 cooking at sonic, it kills your circadian rhythm and your literally surrounded by grease and unhealthy food. Get out bro
>>
How lucky I am to find this thread, it's just what I apparently needed.

I started yesterday with my studying program of sorts, basically my goal is to study at least 8 hours a day. So far I've been up to 4-6 and it didn't quite work for one of the midterms.
Studying electrical engineering btw, and my long term goal is to get as close as ppssible to acing it.

And another thing, starting tomorrow I'm going back to the gym, with my schedule 3-4 times a week is quite doable, while on thw off days I go for a morning swim instead of a run, since I've had some joints problems a little back. Also swimming feels amazing as a preparation for the day.

All the best to everyone trying thwir hardest in this thread.
Also, do you plan to make this a regular sort of thread OP? If by any chance yes, I think a weekly thread would sufice, since you can't really measure progress daily.
>>
>>16496554
Great job and building a plan and defining your goals. One of the key thing with studying is that you constantly measure yourself to identify weakpoint. Keep doing pravtice tests, and make up problems yourself.

You are right yhat progress cant be measured daily, but I wanted to try and start more of a conversation about how to set and achieve goals, as well as create somewhat of a collection of different people with different types of goals. If we all had the same goals. A weekly check in would be just fine, but I see motivation in the diversity of everyones goals here, from weight loss, to reading more, studdying, stopping masturbation, drinking less, creating more art, or vocal confidence( yeah, I see you there, you impatient ass success story in the making >>16496462). I am a firm believer that you can get more creative with your solutions by trying to understand more variations on the problem. So breathe in deep the diversity of problems and responses and learn from the trials and tribulations of your brethren in progress! Rejoice at the successful boasting of your comrades as they proclaim their success and let it light a fire under your candyass that burns just as bright, thoguh the flame tickles your taint in their own special way!
>>
>>16496430
Join your local toastmasters. Literally, they practice giving speeches.

Additionally, go on spotify, they have a spoken word collection. Go find speeches, such as presidential speeches, a collection of great speeches. Find some shorter ones, print out the trsnscripts, and then practice reading outloud along with them, learn how they use tone, volume, and pacing to convey a meaning beyond the words.
>>
File: Nicolas_Poussin_052.jpg (108KB, 800x570px) Image search: [Google]
Nicolas_Poussin_052.jpg
108KB, 800x570px
Just gonna spill some stuff out. I'm a pretty good looking guy, dominant in sports, athletic, lean a fit body, and damn smart. But I'm not really doing well right now and trying to change some things.

Throughout my early life I guess you could consider me a fairly "popular" kid. Had lot's of good friends, interest from girls,I did well. But during my sophomore year of highschool some terrible life events came about and I fell into a deep depression.

I became full of anxiety, nervous, sad, and my self-esteem plummeted. My hygiene and choice of clothes became terrible as well and my grades weren't great either (3.4 avg). I just didn't care about anything I was hopeless.

But during mt senior year I decided I had enough and started this long journey that I'm still on, to reclaim who I really am. it's been tough,I've won many of the battles and lost plenty as well.But, I'm almost there I feel so much more comfortable and sure of myself.

Now I just want to pursue perfection. So I'm going to start lifting seriously this winter break I can't come up with exact metrics as I don't know my ceilings yet. Also I'm going to try and be more active in my social life. I've always been staunchly against drinking and drugs but it's honestly killing me socially. So many gatherings and parties I didn't go to because of this, I regret it so badly. And know I'm willing to budge a bit on those things.

So goals are
Start lifting seriously
Go to at least one social gathering by Christmas break.
>>
I still feel nervous and anxious approaching girls, I know its normal as breathing the air and shit, but I'm also emotionally sensitive, so the rejection could possibly hit me really hard as well, and as a dyslexic I tend to take things more seriously than most people.

Yes it really is this fucking annoying for me.
>>
File: 1447709871187.gif (833KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1447709871187.gif
833KB, 200x150px
>>16490647

>Glue some fucking dumbells to your hand so you litterally couldnt masturbate.
>>
>>16496630
You've probably heard it before but you're just going to have to practice. You'll fuck up a little at first but you'll make progress if you just stick to it.
>>
>>16496700
Practicing talking to girls seems more like a fucking gauntlet of terrible trials than practicing for a sport.
>>
>>16496708
Who cares man? Look at it this way if you are successful maybe you get a kiss maybe you get sex maybe you get a girlfriend. If you fail what happens? An embarrassing memory? That's it nothing changes you'll wake up the same tomorrow still a virgin nothing changes.

So if you win you could get a lot of great things if you loose you get a lousy memory nothing really changes. The longer you wait the harder it's going to be.
>>
>>16496630
>>16496681
>two dyslexics

Yes Tom Cruise really is dyslexic.
>>
>>16496725
>>16496630
My main success with women is to practice the conversations on the less desirable women. And approach it from a scientific, trial and error perspective, take the emotion out of it and you also remove the embarrassment. Analyze reactions, timing, situational awareness, approach, verbage, and attitude. Each girl is different and will learn and practice for the one you actually want to make an effort on.
Thread posts: 150
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.