[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello friends, basically one of my closest friends broke up with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: 1447602514650.jpg (56KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
1447602514650.jpg
56KB, 640x800px
Hello friends, basically one of my closest friends broke up with his girlfriend of 3 years about 6 months ago. I've always been very close with his ex even when they were dating and as of about 6 weeks ago we've been seeing each other casually. We've made it clear we have strong feelings for each other but as of today have decided to take a break from what we're doing. It's been kept a secret for the most part, only telling a couple of people we know wouldn't say anything and there's no way a relationship can work like that. I see it as us having 3 options.
1. Forget about it entirely and just be friends (extremely hard because of the mutual feelings.
2. Tell my friend that I'm seeing his ex and deal with the consequences
3. Give it time and see if things will be any easier later down the track (would still have to tell my friend I'm seeing his ex)

So any thoughts or recommendations are appreciated because I'm pretty torn with what to do.
>>
You should have asked your friend before you started anything if you even remotely valued his friendship
>>
>>16488117
She initiated it and there's no way I could have told him what had happened at that point in time.
>>
>>16488109
Well your friend doesn't own her, nor has anything to do with her, obviously it will hurt him but if you want to be with her be prepared to stop being friends with him. If I were you, I'd say fuck that fool never talk to him and get with the girl. It's not like your friend is gunna suck your dick or give you anything remotely close to what she can do for you
>>
>>16488130
That doesn't make sense. How hard is it to say "hey, your ex has been hitting on me"?
>>
>>16488117
This.
>>
>>16488336
It wasnt just her though it was wanted by the both of us, just she started it initially. He didnt even know i had been speaking to her as much as I was let alone seeing her.
>>
>>16488495
So then it comes back to >>16488117. Honestly, you have no excuse for going behind your friend's back and hiding this from him.
>>
>>16488498
I already know the response would have been something along the lines of "fuck off go fuck yourself" etc etc. Its too late for this as a suggestion now. Im interested to see you all think I should do not what I should have done..
>>
>>16488533
What should you do now then? Now what you have to do is either tell him and accept that your friendship is over, or take this to your grave and never be with her
>>
>>16488130

Put yourself in his place faggot, how would you react? also, you are not his friend, you just want get your dick wet without feeling guilty, be a man, tell him and face the consequences..
>>
>>16488130

>faggot alert

Thats some woman tier logic you idiot. You said it yourself you were "really close" for a long time. Faggots like you are literally cancer, i feel bad for your friend for having you in his life.
>>
>>16488545
Yeah I figured those are my only options really

>>16488550
Well I am his friend.. not that I should have to explain myself to someone thats a little upset their girl got stolen on the internet but ive made it this far so may as well. I basically lived with the two of them for 2 years or so, saw how he treated her like shit every day. I'm not just trying to get my dick wet I genuinely want to be with this girl more than anything. Why would I tell him if I wasn't going to pursue the relarionship? So unless you want to input something a bit more valuable bye bye
>>
>>16488588
So your friend is a shit person? Why are you friends with him then? Is it because like attracts like?
>>
>>16488584
Really close as in good friends, I didnt expect it to ever progress past that until recently. I wasn't seeing her with those intentions. All im seeing now is a bunch of guys that can't keep a girlfriend posting.
>>
>>16488596
You know, only someone who knows they're in the wrong and that they're fucked would be this defensive and attack people like this.
>inb4 you're a bitter virgin
>>
>>16488595
Although we do get along well the friendship was nore circumstancial I feel, we both smoked a lot of weed which I have quit completely. He has a toxic, manipulative personality and I'm definitely not the first person in the past few years to start to question his friendship. Yes I understand what I'm doing is shitty but I can assure anyone Ive been nothing but good to this guy apart from the current situation.
>>
>>16488584
>>16488588

>we were just good friends
>hes still my friend
>he treated her like shit and was mean!
>us hiding it and not telling anyone like we are in high school totally proves we dont feel guilty about it

OP its fine, youre obviously a woman since youre so good at mental gymnastics i doubt the gut would care if his ex gets into a lesbian relationship.
>>
>>16488609
So why the fuck do you care how he reacts?
>>
>>16488604
Haha why would I attack anyone on an anonymous board, just stating the facts here lads. All I wanted was suggestions on what could be done but then u started getting mad.
>>
>>16488617
You're a shit friend and a shit person, just stating the facts here, lad. All we did was give you suggestions on what could be done but then u started getting mad
>>
>>16488613
Because I try not to be a person that does shit like this, I actually care about peoples opinion of me.
>>
>>16488629
But the consensus is that you're a piece of shit for doing this. If you come out with it you lose your reputation for being a 'good guy' and you maybe get with her, if you keep it quiet then you're still a shit friend but no one knows and you don't get to be with her.
>>
Okay OP here, pretty much all Ive been told is that im doing a shit thing to a friend which I already know so enough of that. Like I said I'm more interested in hearing some other possible ideas apart from take it to the grave and not be with her or tell him and be with her.
>>
>>16488713
If there was another option, you wouldn't be asking us. You know there are only two options and we know there are only two options, and you've got to pick one. As the saying goes, you can't have your cake and eat it too.
>>
>>16488713
that's it

Let me play this out for you though. The main thing that binds you two is your friend and her ex. She is trying to work through a relationship that ended and enlisted your help in doing so but to do so you have to choose a side. His or hers.

This relationship will not last after he finds out because he will be angry with you and she will have gotten what she wanted and that was to hurt him. So you have to decide if you want to keep him as a friend or keep her as a short time piece of ass.
>>
>>16488786
Thats the thing, there would be no relationship until something was said to him. She isn't out to hurt him, she's the one that left him and has been done with him for quite some time now.
>>
>>16488588

>not that I should have to explain myself to someone thats a little upset their girl got stolen.

actually made laugh, nothing got stolen, i don't even have shitty orbiter friends like you, you're just a hypocrite faggot, that's what angered me.
>>
>>16489030
So you are angry, feel sorry for you man getting upset about something you read on the internet
>>
>>16489070
I think you're grasping at someone to say "H-H-hey OP, just tell you're friend honestly and he will be mad but totally get over it." I think you're failing to empathize with this situation. It's not going to work, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Your choices are to either leave her and salvaged some of a relationship with your friend. Or go with her and completely burn that bridge and maybe get a relationship out of her.

Then again, maybe you're friend is a huge beta faggot like yourself and will forgive you.
>>
>>16489070

And i feel sorry for your "friend".
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.