[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to stop worrying about your future all the time? It clouds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7

File: pobrane.jpg (10KB, 266x190px) Image search: [Google]
pobrane.jpg
10KB, 266x190px
How to stop worrying about your future all the time?

It clouds my mind so much that it makes me unable to make changes in the present

I think about big things all the time:
>should I change my major
>should I move to another country after graduating
>how do I make my relationship work

I also have so many doubts about the place in life I'm in this moment that all I want to do is talk to people/browse the net/seek others advice what should I do and it's harming my progress in college.

I should be studying right now but my mind is clouded with regrets, doubts and insecurities should I be doing that because I find no purpose in it

How do I just shut off my emotional state sometimes?
>>
Physical exercise in the mornings.
>>
>>16485790
It always cracks me up when somebody advises things like 'eat well' or 'exercise' as a solution for major problems which need to be adressed by not avoiding them
>>
File: leaving_las_vegas.jpg (151KB, 605x343px) Image search: [Google]
leaving_las_vegas.jpg
151KB, 605x343px
>>16485802
Crack up all you want, 'facing' the problem of obsessively worrying about the future by obsessing about it can't work.
>>
File: rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.jpg (114KB, 960x724px) Image search: [Google]
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.jpg
114KB, 960x724px
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22

meditate , try it . also read some jon kavat-zinn books.

pic unrelated
>>
>>16485834
>if you
>ignore the bad stuff
>then its only good!
>ALL YOU HAVE TO DO
> IS NOT THINK ABOUT BAD THINGS
>THEN LIFE ISN'T SO BAD
>HOLY SHIT
>WHY ISN'T EVERYONE DOING THIS
>LITERALLY ALL OF LIFE IS WONDERFUL ALL OF THE TIME
>>
>>16485861

Not him but think about it:

What do you actually gain by worrying?
>>
>>16485861
You idjit, the point of the exercise is to adjust his brain chemistry so he can think without obsessing.
>>
>>16485869
>just b urself :^)
>just get over her bro
>itll all work out :^)

pls go
>>16485882
uh huh
>>
OP here

not
>>16485861
this guy

also how do I eradicate overwhelming bouts of anxiety throughout the day?
it really gets into the way of getting things done
some prescription drugs or something?

you know, when I'm at work I can't go jogging or meditate, doing shit is quite important
>>
File: 1433205645968.png (6KB, 419x249px) Image search: [Google]
1433205645968.png
6KB, 419x249px
>>16485894

Yeah sit there and be a mopey anxious negative little bitch, that'll solve all your problems m80

Keep stressing and worrying about possible eventualities, I'm sure one of these days it'll pay off
>>
File: 1339356793063.png (178KB, 338x314px) Image search: [Google]
1339356793063.png
178KB, 338x314px
>>16485869
nothing , but you cant force yourself to stop thinking. but meditation can calm the monkey mind.
>>
>>16485767
It comes with practice, age and experience.
I'm in my 30's and I think I have finally figured it out (more or less, most of the time), but my way won't work for other people.

You have to learn to let go, to assess what the big things really are, what is worth worrying about and what isn't, what can be changed and what can't. A lot comes down to experience in being able to judge what is worth actually thinking about, letting go of the other things comes down to practice - some people exercise it out, some people learn to clear their mind, some people learn to live with the nagging voices and how to drown it out, some learn to just squash it. I kinda let the anxiety peak and flow and just wash over me and away, accept it and release it.

You learn to control your mind better with age and experience too. You gain more confidence in doing so which also helps. You can help it along by practicing healthy habits mentally and physically - learn to relax mentally, physical exercise, learn how to talk to and rely on others, learn to take advice on what is a serious and changeable issue, learn to organise and plan so you at least are taking care of the things you can changer properly etc. If you find your anxiety crippling, talk to a professional.

Practice and patience. Know that it does get better, and when it does shit is kinda cash.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.