[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is fwd really that bad? The guys are making fun of me for not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

Is fwd really that bad? The guys are making fun of me for not being rwd, sometimes when I ask to tog or ral' they just beat me and leave.

I've been down since gf broke up with me for music addiction .

I'm newer than they are, if I work hard can I pass them and be better and more skilled even with fwd?

Thanks you guys have helped me before
>>
Guys?
>>
Say something I'm giving up on you
>>
>music addiction
lol
>>
I have no idea what any of this means but nice mpls pic
>>
>>16480051
What
>>
>fwd
>rwd
cars?

>tog
>ral
what

>music addiction
this fucking post man.

>if I work hard can I pass them and be better and more skilled even with fwd?
Like drag racing?

if you use acronyms, you're going to have a lot less replies to your post.
>>
>>16479985
are you talking about drag racing?

who are you?????????
>>
>music addiction
>tog or ral'
>>
>>16480104
>>16480110
I have a real addiction you as Sholes
>>16480108
Is it really that hard to understand?
>>
>>16480121
>I have a real addiction
to music?
music?
>>
>>16480121
Yes. This board is a general advice board. For everything. fwd, rwd, tog, and ral can be acronyms for literally anything in the entire world. Because relationships are the most common thing here I assumed at first you just misspelled fwb.
>>
the fuck is tog and what the fuck is a music addiction
>>
>>16480123
YES
>>16480130
Fwd is front wheel drive
Rwd is rear wheel drive
Tog is touge
Ral is rally
>>
>>16480138
Okay, but what do you mean by this?
>if I work hard can I pass them and be better and more skilled even with fwd?

Are you racing or is this just a dick measuring contest?
>>
>>16480138
how you gonna be addicted to music and what is touge. what do these things mean. explain yourself.
>>
>>16480144
racing!
>>
>>16479985
>gf broke up with me for music addiction .
I doubt this is the reason she broke up with you.
>>
>>16480149
well, fwd cuts down weight tremendously of a car along with better traction. But you're going to have torque steer and handling issues. Rwd is definitely better, but fwd is faster.

I don't race though, I'm just talking from limited experience with cars. Try both yourself, do tests and figure out which is better for you.
>>
>>16480162
My car is 2,765 pounds
>>
File: over_rev_main_cast.jpg (180KB, 1456x1056px) Image search: [Google]
over_rev_main_cast.jpg
180KB, 1456x1056px
>>16479985
>FWD
>racing
You're a fucking loser cukhold op, kill yourself
>>
>>16480165
you drive a classic prius?
>>
>>16480173
Integra sedan
>>
>gf broke up with me for music addiction
>>
Nothing.
>>
Seriously OP?
>tog
>fwd
Pick one.
>ral
>fwd
Again, pick one.
Of course you are not gonna win in either discipline if your opponents are on a similar level as you are.
Unless you really know what you are doing with building up a car for this kind of racing, you will not win. There have been really successful rally pilots with front wheel drive. Look up Jean Ragnotti.
But you are neither a Jean Ragnotti when it comes to driving, nor is your car as good as his Clio Maxi back then, so you will naturally have a disadvantage.
FWD can work, even in racing, and everyone claiming otherwise is an uneducated (on this topic) idiot. You just need to know what you are doing and be really good at working with that fwd.
Torque steer and understeering is what you will always hear though. Watch some Ragnotti videos and see how it's done. They didn't call him "God on Tarmac" for nothing. He also won Monte Carlo and Tour de Corse.
Well, have a link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asKuYgAcyIk

For Rally though nothing beats 4WD. Audi Quattro anyone?
>>
>>16479985
Dalton?
>>
>>16480217
my friends make fun of my car because its a gsr and shitty
im not sure what to do man
ill never be good...
so fwd is always bad? ill never win..
>>
better listen to some of that oh-so-addictive music
>>
>>16480220
Honda Integra GS-R?
That's one of the best front wheel drive cars ever made, if you are a front wheel driver that is. There is a reason it has all those awards.
However, you would probably need to put a lot of work into it to be able to compete today, provided their cars really are better than yours.
I did write that FWD is not always bad. You just need to have a good car and be a front wheel driver. Generally speaking though, 4WD is easier than RWD is easier than FWD when it comes to rally and similar disciplined.
Do you really think you will be a Ragnotti? (Of course in relation to your amateur level, but still.)
Not saying it's impossible, but definitely hard. You always losing may already be your answer.
>>
>>16480244
They refuse to race me
>>
>>16480246
Learn about how different you have to drive a FWD compared to a RWD in rally. Watch some videos and see how they do it.
If they make fun of you for your car being front wheel drive, tell them to laugh at Ragnotti and his Clio.
If they make fun of you because you drive an Integra GS-R, tell them it is one of the best front wheel drive cars (hoping you got a DC2, too bad it's not a Type R, but well).
If you are any good, they will race you. Sorry to say though, but it sounds like you aren't too good at it and need to put in a lot of work for your car to actually be really good. You do come across somewhat whiny here, so make sure to stop that.
>>
>>16480284

it's a db8
>>
>>16480286
Not quite a DC2, but you got the same engine as one. Kinda the closest thing to a DC2 without getting a DC2, so probably the second best choice for an Integra.
>>
>>16480300

thanks for shitting on me
>>
>>16480284
but initial D says rwd cars are the best
you can perform nice time saving maneuvers like drifting
>>
>>16480304
How is that shitting on you? The DC2, especially the Type R has some real advantages over a DB8. Some parts are simply more finely adjusted, f.e., making it objectively a better car.
Get some DC2 parts fitting your DB8, you could actually improve your car with it. Handling and performance of a DC2 Type R are significantly better than of a DC2 or a DB8.

>>16480314
Watch the damn videos.
Look at Ragnotti's success with a FWD.
Look at Röhrl's (and Audi as a team with or without Röhrl) success with a 4WD.
After you have looked that up and watched some videos, do you still think RWD is the only option?

Kinda trying to help you here and give you some tips on how to improve your car. If you can't even take me saying a car objectively better than yours is better, you really seem like a whiny, insecure little bitch. I'm out.
>>
>>16480335
Give me a break man
The db8 is shifty
It's heavy and pigfat
I wanna die
>>
>>16480348
im a loser
>>
don't rally with fwd. Get a good suspension setup on your integra (the integra is probably the best handling fwd car) and if you have enough engine swap it (b20 or k20 if you have enough)
>>
>>16480702
then what do i have after that?
a heavier tuned civic?
>>
>>16480702
>don't rally with FWD
Dumbass detected.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.