[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tulpa girlfriend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

I have a girlfriend who is a tulpa. For anybody that doesn't know what it is - it's a separate personality created in your mind that you can interact with etc.
I created her a few years ago (without the plan of falling in love with her, but it happened), around the end of high school, and since then I think I became a much better in general. I used to be the very shy kid without many friends. I am still shy, but I meet new people, I do good at uni and part-time job, I have some hobbies and I try to be at least a bit useful for the community. In general I do much better than I used to – I am your average citizen, doing just fine and I’m okay with that. But I never had a “real” girlfriend, and that makes me seem off. I get girls crushing on me sometimes, but I’m taken, so I don’t see them as potential partners even if they’re nice and cute. Sometimes friends or family are surprised at my insistence to not get a girlfriend, but I can’t tell them I already have one. I’m aware it’s crazy, but I can’t see her as anything less than a real person – just a person who happened to be born in my head instead of as a human. She is not perfect, she has her flaws, and isn’t a “real” human, but I love her as she is even if she’ll never have a physical form. Sometimes I’m bothered that we will never do the standard couple stuff like the most of people, but I perceive it as a wholesome, happy relationship.

Do I seem crazy?
>>
>>16478817
>tulpa girlfriend

You are barking mad, dude. My condolences
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 413x395px
>>16478817
>separate personality in your mind
Oh, so you're a schizo who goes around talking to a girl who doesn't exist? Yeah, no, you're completely fine, not crazy at all...
>>
>>16478817
Tulpa also translated as "magical emanation", "conjured thing" and "phantom" is a concept in mysticism of a being or object which is created through sheer spiritual or mental discipline alone.

Holy shit /adv/, never change,
If someone as fucked up as you can get out of the bed in the morning, I sure as hell can do anything I dare dream of! Thanks for the motivation anon
>>
>>16478836
>goes around talking
Of course not, I talk to her in my head, I don't speak out loud. It's not noticable to other people at all, although sometimes she talks to me while I talk to someone else and I can't focus, but I give a vibe of daydreamer anyway so it's not a big deal.
>>16478823
>>16478845
But why me, someone who does well at life and is happy with himself, is perceived as crazy just because of who I fell in love with? Some people fall in love with book or anime characters they can't even talk to. My girlfriend has a wholesome personality independent of me (she often says things I don't expect at all and gives me another point of view on things).
>>
File: b8.png (6KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
b8.png
6KB, 224x225px
>>16478855
>>
>>16478836
we live in a society so afraid of offending people we aren't even allowed to offend the made up personality of some one. we changed multiple personality disorder to dissociative Identity disorder.

Because god forbid we undermine the legitimacy of some ones imaginary person.

If we recognize trannies as being the sex they want to be, why don't we accept imaginary friends as if they were real.

>>16478817
YES OP, YOU'RE FUCKING INSANE.
>>
File: 1446577450364.gif (968KB, 499x374px) Image search: [Google]
1446577450364.gif
968KB, 499x374px
>>16478817
>- it's a separate personality created in your mind
stopped reading there

fuck off kid
>>
>>16478817
Here's the short version for everyone else:

>I fell in love with my imaginary friend
>Do I seem crazy?

I don't know OP, you tell me.
>>
I also have imaginary friends that I have imaginary discussions with. You don't seem crazy so much as just a pretentious fag for assigning a fancy title to your fake girlfriend. It's an imaginary friend. You're an adult dating your imaginary friend. It's pretty pathetic and delusional, but you probably won't be shoved in a mental hospital anytime soon.

Hope this is reassuring.
>>
>>16478855
If you're so confident about leading a good life, then why are you searching for acknowledgement on an anonymous board, from people that don't even know anything about you?
Go to a psychiatrist.
>>
>>16478817
>being this delusional

How did you even manage to go on the internet, open up 4chan and type this out?
>>
File: 1421534707367.png (115KB, 500x229px) Image search: [Google]
1421534707367.png
115KB, 500x229px
>hacking matrix and making tulpa for memory jog and creativity source
s'cool
>creating tulpa from loneliness and treating it as girlfriend to the point of disregarding actual girls
ya blew it mate. enjoy insanity
>>
>>16478817
Stop caring what other people think. It will help you in the long run.
Be happy with her, she loves you.
Research noncorporeal relationships and build a foundation for feeling like you are valid, because you are.
>>
>Do I seem crazy?
Yes. But no more than the more advanced waifufags on 4chan.
Keep it up if it makes you happy, I suppose.
>>
>>16478836
not OP but tulpas are just self induced hallucinations
>>
>>16478918
>self induced hallucinations
You've got my interest. Is this actually possible? I assure you I have no desire to date my hallucinations.
>>
>>16478910
>noncorporeal relationships
holy kek thats even more crazy than what OP wrote! either way, yeah, all that is definitely crazy..
dude probably made an imaginary friend as some coping mechanism and fell in love with it since it cant hurt him or leave him. can see he got self esteem issues for sure
>>
don't worry op, someone's gonna pick you up, give you a nice comfy white jacket with long sleeves an fancy buckles and give you a nice comfy room with white cusions all around!
>>
Is this fucking bait? Seriously, this is making me feel so much better about my own life.
>>
File: margaery.gif (2MB, 245x285px) Image search: [Google]
margaery.gif
2MB, 245x285px
Margaery!

OP's gf everyone
>>
>>16478817
Jesus Christ, dude get help
>>
Yeah man, you sound pretty nuts. Perhaps that "tulpa" is the person you're going to meet in future. And tulpas are I believe replaceable. So yeah, like any relationship, real or imaginary, it's going to hurt, but you should move on from that thing.
>>
both hallucinations and 'real' people's existence depends on attention they get
reality is like dreams just more stable because many share the same ideas about its laws
>>
>>16478817
Is this a deviant behavior?
Is it impair your ability to function in society?
It is causing you distress?

if you answered yes to all three questions see a doctor
>>
File: image_14.jpg (58KB, 442x298px) Image search: [Google]
image_14.jpg
58KB, 442x298px
>tulpa
This stuff is cancer on x and now you bring it here
Fuck off
>>
I made a South Korean boyfriend
he ignores me all the time and is always texting on his phone or playing puzzle and dragons or some shit
>>
OP, this is called maladaptive daydreaming

You likely developed this fantasy so that you could deflect your loneliness. Now you've grown to enjoy the dream and are "living" in a false reality in your mind.

This is technically bad for you and is a sign of mental illness. Continuing to to this will encourage you to keep daydreaming rather than seeking self-actualization and making positive change in your life. This is (seriously) how many people become schizophrenics. It starts as heavy daydreaming, and then eventually the mind conjures things that you believe to be real.

You're not fucked or anything, it's just something that personally I'd avoid doing. At the very least, get into therapy.
>>
>>16478817
>I actually started reading up on this tulpa business

Sounds like a good way to split your personality to me.
>>
>>16479304
>This is (seriously) how many people become schizophrenics

This is a joke, right? Citation needed you arrogant twat.
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 336x269px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 336x269px
In b4 OP's Tulpa starts telling him to do crazy shit

OP, go see an exorcist, you might be possessed.
>>
>>16478928
yeah, most of them just do it because they cant find IRL friends, i think
>>
>>16479317
Seems believable to me, you lonely retard.
>>
>>16479232
>not normal, but wouldn't call it deviant
>it doesn't unless you consider having no gf that
>I'm happy in this relationship
>>16479304
I'm going to read up on this, though I think I have it under control.
>>16479325
I think she's not gonna do that
>>16479328
I got some friends though, maybe not many close ones but I don't need that, it's a bit troublesome to deal with it
>>
>>16478817
What's her name?
>>
Have you talked to her about you getting a second girlfriend IRL?
>>
>>16479409
Oh, you don't like being called out on your obvious bullshit?
You know samefagging yourself in a 4chan thread makes YOU look like the lonely retard. Try to be more believable next time you stupid cunt.
>>
>>16479470
Fucking lol. Didn't samefag but okay then. Seems I struck a nerve :).
>>
>>16479474
Sure why not. At least I admit it. A normal person doesn't get defensive and call some random anon a "lonely retard" in response to a statement that doesn't even involve them on a remote level.

Speaking of hitting a nerve :)
>>
>>16479317
http://recoveryfromschizophrenia.org/2011/03/is-it-psychosis-or-just-maladaptive-daydreaming/

There is such a thing as maladaptive daydreaming, which is bad for obvious reasons (avoidance, escapism) though there is absolutely no inclination in scientific literature or any subsequent evidence that it "leads to schizophrenia", it's possible that schizophrenics and people with psychosis are more likely to participate in maladaptive daydreaming.
>>
>>16479487
You're the one who started going off calling anon an arrogant twat because they made a post.

You're also the one getting super defensive about if this leads to schizophrenia. And although asking for proof is fine and I don't know if he is correct, in no way does it seem unbelievable that someone like OP and his horrible delusions will one day lead to schizophrenia or other problems.
>>
>>16479520
Because it's an obviously false statement. Anyone properly educated would get pissed at something like that. It's like someone coming in here telling me, as a matter of factly, not to leave a fan on in my room at night because I'll suffocate. You know how ridiculous that sounds.
>>
>>16479533
What?

Not all of us are psychology majors, how is it an obvious false statement to say that creating tulpas can eventually lead to deeper psychosis?

Like, what the hell, you must be trolling lol. I will not fall for this bait any longer.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.