[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain me "God"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

So, i've learned to "talk with God" when i was 6, and i couldn't sleep without doing it until the last month. (I'm 18 since august)

But, in fact, my life gone worse as the time passed, and i never believed this "God" to be the one who cause this shit or good things. If there's a god, it doesn't matter for me, because he's sitting at his wood throne and does nothing for us here. This is what i believe since the past month.

People that says the church has "changed their lifes" seems to be just lying to themselves unconsciouslly. It's like wanting to see phantoms and believing any light in the dark is a phantom. I don't want to live in this lie. I don't want to be alienated. I want to step out of this lie, it's like a shit of a matrix.

> I've discussed this with many people, and they told me to take care because god is revengeful and will prove he exists. What the fuck kind of god is this? He will make me paraplegic to prove how my life was "good"? What the fuck?
>>
>>16478578
i don't believe in god, and i don't think many on /adv/ does too either, maybe talk to your christian friends about it.
>>
>>16478578
The church can change lives. People who are lonely, feel unloved, have hardships etc... can feel strengthened by being part of a congregation that shares their woes. When it all comes down to it, religion is just another way of being social in a group. In a way, religious practices have a very interesting anthropological foundation. Scapegoat mechanisms etc... all play a part.

If it's not for you, and I'm guessing it isn't, quit. There is no bearded old man in the sky keeping an eye on you, ready to strike as soon as you turn your back on him.
>>
>>16478596
By "changing lives" I mean; people experiencing the feeling that they're loved, that they matter, that no matter how much they fucked up in the past, someone still loves them. They call it God, but what they really mean is their fellow congregants and their faith in this God which gives them a massive boost of confidence.
>>
You couldn't sleep without praying for twelve years, and within the space of a month you no longer understand the concept of God?

This sounds like a very sudden shift in belief: more sudden than most people ever go through. If you don't mind my asking, what happened to bring this on?
>>
God is whatever you feel it to be. There is no right or wrong with religion people can tell you no it is this way but it all comes down to what you feel is right. Religion was good because it taught some people morals but it is also bad because people have killed a lot of people from it.

If you feel god does not exist then that is not bad. You have the right to figuire out whatever it is you feel it may take a really long time for you to figuire it out or it may not. I am not religous myself and either is my family because they wanted us to chose what we wanted to believe.
What do I believe? I believe that we were made by an alien race but seeing our greed they regretted the decission and got far away. Do I ever want to see aliens? Nooope. Why do I not believe in god? Because I was dead for a couple mins once and all there was nothing I am a really good person I put others over myself. To some god is there to comfort them about death which will happen one day and the fear of the unkown.

Just contiune to help people Anon and I am sure you will figuire out what it is you believe. We learn the most about ourself from being in tough situations and helping others.
>>
>>16478640
Unknown*
>>
I can kind of relate to you OP. I'm 22 catholic but consider myself more agnostic. Sometimes i do the pray/talk before sleeping too. I don't really bother with religion at all but it's more like self comfort. The 'god' i guess is my inner conscience. And it does make me feel happier
>>
>>16478590
I see, i will try to speak with more of them.

>>16478596
>>16478602
I understand this kind of situation where a church changes a life now. But sincerely (Of course in my opnion) it seems like a lie and bullshit for me.

>>16478626
My best quality and worst defect is being patient. I mean, i can take shit for years "without caring" but o e day ill let everything come out. And that's whats happened:

>Tl;Dr my opnion

Years of regreting decisions, losing people i love, losing oportunities, being a weak faggot that never reacts to life and the shitty persons in it. Years of studying how the world is so wrong. And i don't mean terrorisms, wars. I mean people privately. How people is so bad, egoists. To in the end hear i'm the wrong one. Then, can you see the problem? "i'm the wrong one". Im. Me. Im alone, theres no god overlooking any shit.

Its an deathmatch, each one for themselves, no divine shit pointing about who gets this or this. I get angry when someone says "You just need to wait for god, his time is different from our time." Oh yeah. The problem is God doesn't have a time, he will not come, you will die alone and helpless. IF, you dont stand for yourself of course. Any shit you win, you earn, you get, is because YOU made it possible. And any shit bad that happens with you, is either because you made it, or a casualitie. Years spent on churchs, years spent praying every night. I wonder if this changed anything. They can go fuck themselves.
>>
>>16478590
>>16478596
>>16478602
>>16478626
>>16478640
>>16478650
Also i want to thank you all for posting.
>>
You have a lot of pride, kill it.
>>
>>16478661
You seem really edgy. It is good to decide on what you want but just remember to respect other people although they may not be respecting their right just make sure not to be as low as them and set healthy boundaries.
>>
>>16478671
Respecting your right*

Learning to set boundaries with religous people is really hard. I suggest counselling so you can figuire out how to go about it and also stop feeling guilty.
>>
>>16478578
It's like santa claus really, want your kids to behave, tell them santa claus is watching.

want people to obay and pay, tell them god is watching.
there's so many churges because many different people have found out how to use the god thing to start a following of nice obedient slaves.
>>
>>16478578
Believing in the Lord and talking with him doesn't mean your life will always be easier somehow. However, He has a way of making his presence known to you when times are darkest. Things might not always go the way you want them to go, but it will always turn out alright in the end.
>>
The one who finds himself, finds God. God itself is an alligory to love, life and empathy. The one who hates himself and others, will not find god and therefore will burn in the fires of purgatory. Since purgatory is not a place to be, but rather a state of mind, finding a way out may only be achieved by accepting oneself.

Basically, all this religious stuff is about metaphors and alligories. The one who thinks that god is some kind of person like entity did not grasp the essence of religion.
>>
God is Dead.
>>
>>16478590
This is a Christian imahe board. Please refrain from shitposting about things you don't understand.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.