[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to tell mental health practitioners that I will most likely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: time.jpg (24KB, 545x362px) Image search: [Google]
time.jpg
24KB, 545x362px
How to tell mental health practitioners that I will most likely kill myself within the next 5 years if I will deteriorate even more, without getting myself hospitalized against my will?
I just want someone to know how horrible my existence is, and that my psychiatric illness is incompatible with me living anymore - I don't want to be severely disabled for the rest of my life. I want them to know that unlike many who aren't even aware of their severe mental illness, I'm painfully aware, and I know what symptoms I have, and to what extent they disable me and make my existence useless.
>>
>>16475807
What are you anon?
A bipolar babby. Not as fun as a schizophrenic.
Can't you self medicate with booze or pills?
>>
>>16475829
>A bipolar babby. Not as fun as a schizophrenic.

I'm schizophrenic.
>>
You won't get hospitalized for that, at least not where I live. Also suck it up and start working on recovering. Try different meds, try different kinds of therapy, even inpatient or IOP if you think you need it, work out, find something to do during the day.
>>
>>16475850
>start working on recovering

"Recovering" isn't a choice and can't be "worked on" at will like that.
>>
>>16475855
Yes, it can. That's exactly the thing about recovery: it's something you have to choose. Of course you won't suddenly be able to escape your illness, but you /can/ make things a lot easier for yourself.
>>
Next time you want to post a greentext and reply negatively on suggestions by anons, do it in >>>/r9k/ please.
>>
>>16476043
Nope. You don't choose recovery. It doesn't come by choosing it like that.

>>16476046
>Next time you want to post a greentext
>reply negatively

You're in the wrong thread. It isn't greentext at all.
And I will reply negatively if the advice is shitty and inconsiderate, and makes it seem as though psychiatric illness is a choice.
>>
>>16476064
See >>16475850, >>16475855 and >>16476043 then shut the fuck up.
>>
>>16476064
Honestly you sound like you don't have any motivation to get better at all and are just lazy. Why even start this thread?
>>
>>16476071
You sound like you don't know anything about psychiatric illness like schizophrenia. It's a brain disease, much like Alzheimer's, with clearly measurable and visible brain defects and loss of brain matter, and you can't "work out of it" to get better.

>>16476069
What exactly are you trying to say here? You quoted a post giving good advice, my post, and a post giving shitty advice, and then told me to shut up. This makes absolutely no sense to me.
>>
>>16476112
I literally said
>you won't suddenly be able to escape your illness, but you /can/ make things a lot easier for yourself.
Having schizophrenia doesn't mean you start at the top and will only roll down hill from there. It's an illness with ups and downs, and you're able to influence those (to a certain extent) by, for example, the things I just suggested: working out, medication, therapy, getting a hobby. This is literally common knowledge.
And don't talk as if I know jack shit about mental illness because you're not the only looney here.
>>
>>16475807
>How to tell mental health practitioners that I will most likely kill myself within the next 5 years if I will deteriorate even more, without getting myself hospitalized against my will?
Just like that. No one is going to think you're in imminent danger when the timeline you give is "sometime in the next five years". This is not to say that they won't take you seriously, but they will understand that there is no need to hospitalize you at this time.
>>
>>16476159
Alright.

>Having schizophrenia doesn't mean you start at the top and will only roll down hill from there

It usually does, and it tends to be degenerative in most cases. Some days may be symptom free, but over time, the disease tends to get worse.
Of course some people have different outcomes, but this disease remains degenerative for the vast majority. It also tends to be worse than any other psychiatric illness.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.