[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please help me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (56KB, 420x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 420x500px
If alumni won't respond to your inquiries for coffee/phone interviews; what's the chances of total strangers responding?

I'm getting a feeling alumni don't help anyone in my university, which is why everyone is so lost. I'm about to go on a limb and contact fucking strangers of all people for coffee meetings

So what do you think? Before you ask, I've followed up 3 times per person; total of 4 people I've contacted so far and all of them didn't respond.

Wall Street oasis recommends to hit up as many people as you can even if you're not part of the same university. Has that ever worked for anyone?
>>
>>16473619

What are you looking for, job prospects or a dick to suck? Only some schools are good with alums, most people don't rely on alums for jobs.
>>
>>16473636
>What are you looking for, job prospects or a dick to suck? Only some schools are good with alums, most people don't rely on alums for jobs.
Good job prospects obviously. I've been told time after time again by my professor that sending resumes through the black hole of doom and recruiters that don't know shit won't get me anywhere, and that I have to network. I'm graduating in 3 months and don't have a job; I'm currently working a dead end one just for money in retail.

I don't know where you got the idea that most people don't rely on alums. Assuming this is true and only some schools can pull it off, my only real option is contacting strangers that I can connect with on some level and developing rapport, right?

How often do strangers receive cold emails and respond to students?
>>
>>16473649

What kind of field are you in that you are relying on alums? It's ridiculous. You think if you want to work for a large corporate they give a shit what school you went to? THEY FUCKING HIRE PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD.
>>
>>16473654
Finance, BB IB

In b4 stop being a whore for the money; its the only thing I can see myself doing at this point.
>>
>>16473665

Finance is a good profession, but it's impacted; there are a shit ton of people that want to go into it.

Your school won't matter for shit after 1 month, your work product and ambition will.

If you don't live in NY/Boston/SF, you'll need to move there. Try doing an internship, start with a smaller firm, etc.
>>
>>16473673
I live in NY and again, I'm graduating in 3 months. Boutiques are even worse, they're way more selective than bulge bracket IBs. I've never received a response from them.

I'm literally considering an hero if I don't get an offer by my birthday. I have it so bad, you don't know how bad it is.

Do you suggest contacting strangers for info interviews? They might respond unlike my incompetent alumni right?
>>
>>16473665
>its the only thing I can see myself doing
You're at least 10 years too old to still say shit like this. Make a big whiny post on Tumblr if you want a pity party so hard. This is your life, man. You're more than a summation of how terribly you've been treated by your friends and family. Do something else.
>>
>>16473691
>>16473691
>You're at least 10 years too old to still say shit like this. Make a big whiny post on Tumblr if you want a pity party so hard. This is your life, man. You're more than a summation of how terribly you've been treated by your friends and family. Do something else.
>Do something else

I wish I can
>>
>>16473689

Well, you can't just contact random people, you need to contact people that do hiring. Look for postings, look for internships. You're still in school so it's perfectly fine. You get to know people that hire or make recommendations, you can use that when you graduate. 3 months isn't a lot of time, but you can't just rely on alumni,.
>>
>>16473693
>craaawling in my skiiin
Look, nigga. You're either going to change fields now or in 3 years. You're probably telling yourself that you'll be dead by then anyway, but let's be serious for once in your life. You're likely going to die of heart failure when you're in your 60's, working a shit job and married to a terrible woman who doesn't really love you. All of this because you keep procrastinating on the important things in your life. Stop fucking around and make some better plans for your future.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.