[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would a "man" do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: JUSTDO.jpg (78KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
JUSTDO.jpg
78KB, 456x320px
What does it even mean to be a "man"? I wonder because I have no idea if I am being a man about some things. I feel like I am incapable of doing so much. I can't handy man fix things. I can't drive, can't change a tire, can't grill food on like a charcoal grill or whatever. I can't flirt and I don't boss people around and "make shit happen."

WHAT DOES IT EVEN MEAN TO BE A MAN?! Women shit all over men for not being able to do "manly shit". What the fuck does it all mean? For example, I want to meet a woman that I spoke with online in boston. I don't live in boston, I live in fucking cape cod.

What would a real man do in this situation? Keep in mind, I can't drive. How would a "real" man go about meeting this woman?
>>
>>16473135
>What would a real man do in this situation? Keep in mind, I can't drive. How would a "real" man go about meeting this woman?
A real man would learn how to drive, get his license, buy himself a car with his own hard earned money, and then do whatever the fuck he wants. A big part of being a man is being independent and getting shit done.
>>
To take responsibility for the fulfillment of your wants and needs.

It's not that changing a tire is inherently manly in some way. It's just that if you drive, you might come upon the need to change a flat tire. The burden of fulfilling that responsibility rests squarely on your shoulders. Being able to step up to that burden is the mark of a man.

Men embrace personal responsibility and do what it takes to fulfill it.
>>
>>16473145

I feel like cars shouldn't be a part of this. I actually have a license but no car. Cars are so fucking expensive and the insurance company are total jews. How is it that they get to charge males under 25 more money than females of the same age...?
>>
>>16473145

Another thing is that most people my age, DON'T acquire a car by buying it themselves. Its handed down. I actually don't know anyone who bought a car ENTIRELY on their own. Some people may have had a friend sell it to them but obviously friends give discounts.
>>
>>16473167
>cars shouldn't be part of this
If personal transportation is part of how you achieve the things you want, it's part of this.

>so fucking expensive
If money is required for the fulfillment of things you want in life, you need to earn enough of it.

>charge males under 25
Actuary tables. Maybe you could study actuarial science and do it as a career. Good money. More than enough to afford a car. It's like you tie all of these loose strings together.
>>
>>16473176
That suggests you know people. You should ask them if their grandparents (or other old people they know) are past the age when they can drive safely and offer to buy their car at a bargain.
>>
>>16473152
Most women are capable of doing all of the things OP mentioned as well, and the ones that are incapable or unwilling can just whore themselves out. OP doesn't have that luxury, so the only option is to... Forget it, even stronk stable women like powerful men, and the ones that aren't have no use for a male version of themselves.. Maybe one might attach themselves to uplift their self-esteem by comparison, but once uplifted, they will only trade up for something better.
>>
>>16473176
>Another thing is that most people my age, DON'T acquire a car by buying it themselves.
That doesn't mean you aren't capable. I come from a very poor family and was still able to buy my first car for about $900. It looked like shit but it ran well for a few years. That helped me work, go to school, and then I was able to buy a better car later on. You just have to look in papers, at auctions, etc. During that time, I worked on my credit. My second vehicle was about $8,000 and I purchased it with a loan. It's completely paid off now. If you think getting a car is just walking into a dealership with friends/family, or finding a hand-me-down, you're being ridiculous.

>>16473167
>I feel like cars shouldn't be a part of this.
Transportation is a huge part of being self-sufficient. If you live in an area where you don't need a vehicle, that's great. But most adults do need one to get around and move forward in life.

>How is it that they get to charge males under 25 more money than females of the same age...?
Life isn't fair. You can complain and get nothing done, or you can work through it and better your life.
>>
>>16473192
>Most women are capable of doing all of the things OP mentioned as well
You uncovered the secret: being a woman has exactly the same standards as being a man. Those who fall short are girls and boys.

The distinction is one of acting like an adult, not something unique to a gender.
>>
Another way to interpret "man up" is to think of it as "grow up".

Become a functional adult who can take care of himself. The more thoroughly you can do so, the better. If you do not know how to do something, learn it. This is particularly easy in the age of the internet, where information about anything and everything is readily available at your fingertips.

If you do not have the time, means, tools, or skills to do something/learn to do something, then you need to be able to get that done anyways, by having the means to hire someone else to do it.

I would also avoid labeling skills as "manly" or not. Every skill is valuable. There are some people who would say that things like cooking or cleaning aren't "manly". But frankly, this is ridiculous. An adult should be able to take care of themselves. If a guy won't learn these skills because they are "for women", then they are willfully abandoning a vital daily life skill.

Support yourself, know how to take care of yourself, and be able to take care of others. You won't be able to learn everything but you should at least be independent in your day to day life. That is what being an adult is. That is what being a man is.
>>
>>16473192
>Most women are capable of doing all of the things OP mentioned as well
I find that isn't the case at all, especially for millenials or women over 60.

>Forget it, even stronk stable women like powerful men, and the ones that aren't have no use for a male version of themselves
Just because they're capable doesn't mean they want to deal with the responsibility. Most would rather pass it on to someone else, like their male partner.
>>
>>16473135
>What does it even mean to be a "man"?
It means two things:

1) To define yourself, not by things that you ARE, but by things that you DO.
2) Given point 1, above, to have a decent (though not excessive) level of pride in yourself.

As applied to your situation, a real man would figure out some way to get to Boston and meet this woman. If driving is not an option, then you'll need to think of something else.

To a certain extent, you can afford to be just a bit crazy. Only a bit, mind you: it still has to be something you can actually pull off, and you need to be able to pull it off without landing yourself in hospital, prison, or bankruptcy court. But you take your ideas, and you make them work; THAT is what a real man does.

And if your journey winds up turning into a small odyssey, so much the better, especially if you pull it off anyway. Everyone loves a good story.
>>
>>16473135

There are actually some good posts on here, but a man is a male, who is:
1 Responsible for themselves and for those the man takes care of
2 Is independent and can think for himself
3 Is mature and is reasonable
4 Is masculine in demeanor; the way you carry yourself
5 Is courageous when pressed with adversity

For your example about seeing a woman in Boston, would you find an irresponsible way to get there, like rob a bank to pay for the ferry? That that would be stupid.

If you need to try and guess how a "man" would act, then you probably aren't one yet; because as #2 states, a man should be independent and be able to think for themselves.

It takes a long time to grow up, for men and women; don't beat yourself up anon.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.