[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /adv/. So it took literally 3 months for me to find a job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: ConfusionSadnessDespair.png (549KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ConfusionSadnessDespair.png
549KB, 1280x720px
Hey, /adv/.

So it took literally 3 months for me to find a job but I finally found one at a local burger joint. I am no longer NEET. I'm turning 21 next week, live in a single parent household and younger bro is attending college. My father has a good paying job and makes around 90,000 a year, but younger bro's college expenses bleed him dry.

Now that I've FINALLY got a job and making money on my own I want to start saving for a car so I can continue working on my life--but now bro is asking to borrow money from me and my old man wants me to help put a little toward groceries. I mean, god damn, I LITERALLY just found a job (2nd week) and they're coming to me for money?!

Honestly, I've no qualms about paying for this or that or lending money when NEEDED. But I barely have any money saved for ME. Hm. I guess I just really needed to vent. I know it sounds selfish but like I said: If you're going to ask me for money...can you wait until I have atleast a bit saved up first, you know?

Have any of you had to deal with something like this? What happened? How did you deal?
>>
Your parents have been paying for you literally your entire life. The least you could do is pay at least part of it back.
>>
>>16469583

pay for the groceries, not your brother. Your brother should have all his shit taken care of, otherwise he needs to get a part time job.
You SHOULD however, help around the house. It won't bleed you out to put $50, $100 towards food or groceries even on a minimum wage paycheck.
>>
>>16469593
Sure, sure I get that. I understand that and made it clear I've no problem doing so. Just let me save up a bit for MYSELF first. Given how much my old man, it's like money is THAT much of an issue...but I guess that's not the point here.
>>
>>16469599
Aside from a little apprehension, I was okay with helping with groceries when needed---bro asking for money irked me a bit. I already do what I can around the house...Clean, take out trash, vacuum.
>>
>>16469600
Are you going anywhere? If not, then saving up can wait for later. You should stabilize your family household first.
>>
>>16469612
Not any time soon it would seem. I just needed to vent a bit. I keep an ear on the family needs. This isn't a normal thing (perhaps I should have specified) just that the timing was a bit...inconvenient for me.
>>
>>16469630
Fair enough, I guess. Your life has just changed in a major way. Just remember, you have made a major step forwards and improved your life as a result. All of this is just a temporary inconvenience. It's all going to be fine, anon. I believe in you.
>>
File: yourealrightanon.gif (2MB, 235x240px) Image search: [Google]
yourealrightanon.gif
2MB, 235x240px
>>16469648
Encouragement---here of all places. Unexpected, aha. I feel like things around are a bit brighter since I finally got a job after 3 months of searching, self loathing and doubt, and family badgering me, reinforcing my feelings of doubt. Even if it is at a fast food joint, it's a start. I hope your right about this being "temporary".
>>
Die you fucking sick
>>
>>16469666
THERE IT IS! That's more of what I expected. Good thing you're the minority here...for now.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.