[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>A Boy's Best Friend Is His Mother Do you agree with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: BEST FRIENDS.jpg (50KB, 710x400px) Image search: [Google]
BEST FRIENDS.jpg
50KB, 710x400px
>A Boy's Best Friend Is His Mother

Do you agree with this statement /adv/?

I have many friends but I've always considered my mother to be my best friend.

What about you /adv/?
>>
Mmm no. I think that's really sweet that you have a close relationship with her. That's very important and good. However, I think your best friend should be your partner ultimately.
>>
>>16467439
queer lmao
>>
>>16467439
Utter bullshit.

My mother destroyed me from childhood to late teens with passive aggressive behavior. And I am less of a person because of it
>>
Ew no... That's not healthy
>>
>>16467453
How did she do that.
>>
>>16467470
Haven't you ever heard the phrases

>Daddy's little girl

and

>Momma's boy

Boy's tend to bond with their mothers and girls tend to bond with their fathers.
>>
>>16467448
It's not gay for a man to be best friends with his mom.
>>
I don't think that it's common to be best friends with your mom, but it still happens to some people, and there's nothing wrong with it.

Some people would argue that your best friend should be your significant other, or that your best friend should be a friend who has been around through the rough patches in life, but ultimately not everyone is the same and if you have a really cool mom who you respect and can hang out with and have fun then there's nothing wrong with her being your best friend.

Personally, my mom is an alcoholic who I rarely connected with as a kid and she moved to another state a few years ago. I've hardly talked to her since. I don't harbor any negative feelings towards her but I definitely don't consider her my best friend.
>>
I can kind of see the sentiment behind the phrase. There are some things I'd feel comfortable telling my mother that I'd never feel comfortable telling anyone else. I don't feel any pressure of being a "real man" or whatever around her. I feel comfortable crying around her. I don't think this makes her my best friend, but a man and his mother always have a very close and special bond so long as she is not a bitch.
>>
>>16467498
>Daddy's little girl
Little girls are seen as more precious and fragile. It's perfectly normal for parents to give girls better treatment.
>Momma's boy
Always a derogatory term to make fun of guys who are seen as weak and dependent on their parents. It's the equivalent of a guy getting called a virgin loser.
>>
>>16467439
>agree

no that is totally creepy
>>
>>16467439
My mom is too judgmental, I can't even talk to her or she starts telling me everything I'm doing wrong with my life.
>>
>>16467439
I was very close with my mother, and there were lots and lots of things we'd talk about - but she was very definatley my mother rather than my friend. I'd never call her up like "Hey mum, how's things? Wanna go halves on a gram of coke then wash it down with ten pints of stella and start a fight with those black cunts that get in down the Nag's Head?". Same thing going downstream, I'm close with my kids, but I'm here to be their father, not their best mate.
>>
>>16468618
Do you guys ever share a drink together for old times sake?
>>
File: 21MANSPREADING1-articleLarge-v3.jpg (65KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
21MANSPREADING1-articleLarge-v3.jpg
65KB, 600x400px
>>16468639
>Little girls are seen as more precious and fragile. It's perfectly normal for parents to give girls better treatment.

No that is not normal. Study some psychology. Parents who do that are not only scarring their girl by making her feel entitled, they're also making their boy feel resentful. Parents who do shit like that are pants on head retarded and never should have kids.
>>
Well, considering my mother was a drug-addicted worthless pile of shit who finally did something good and hung herself in a closet 2 years ago, I wouldn't say this is universally applicable.
>>
Honestly my mom is the best woman of my life. So yeah, I would say that's true
>>
>>16468930
No, I didn't start drinking until she was out of my life. I guess if I was ever in her town I'd stop by and grab a drink with her though. I'm sure she'd like that. Maybe one day.
>>
I love my mom, but she will never be my best friend.
>>
my mother was way too much of a friend and not enough of a mother. horribly overprotective, controlling, constantly scared and anxious and inflicted that shit on me. couldn't say no to me. always told me how fucking wonderful i am when i'm actually a piece of shit. as a result i don't consider her a good mother OR a good friend when she likes to imagine she's both.
>>
The point of someone being your friend is that they are exactly not related to you by blood, especially not closely related, and that they're not the person you are in a romantic relationship with. Accordingly, calling anyone that falls under these categories your "best friend" is just nonsense and/or kind of sad, really.
>>
>>16467439
First off, that poster is an almost satirical comment on the incestuous and toxic relationship that the BATES(fictional characters) have in that TV show.

I was going to write about my childhood, but just going to say women and mothers are terrible. and certainly were not my best friend.
>>
>>16469057
How is it satirical?

>>16469038
I've heard so many people both straight and gay say they married their best friend.
>>
>>16467439
I love my mom very much, and feel like I can talk to her regarding just about anything.

Saying she's my best friend is weird though, she occupies a spot that's different from my friends.
>>
>>16467439
Absolutely not. My mom has only the best of intentions for me, but in cases where we have different opinions, she usually has no interest in understanding my point of view and listening to what I have to say. It's mostly been a one-way street. So, if you'you're lucky enough to have a mother with enough understanding to listen to you, cherish that, because we can't all be so lucky.
>>
>>16469789
What do yall disagree on?
>>
>>16467439
Not just no, but hell no.

My mother loves me and I love her, but she has openly told me that she has no idea why I got married or even moved out of the house -she wanted me to stay at home with her...essentially forever.

No thanks, mom.
>>
>>16469811
Why did you desert your Momma and leave her all alone?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.