[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEET and Shut-In Advice Thread (Version 118.75)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 37

File: 1390194201215.png (148KB, 355x253px) Image search: [Google]
1390194201215.png
148KB, 355x253px
Welcome to the NEET and Shut-in advice thread!
(Version 118.75, running since Oct. 31st, 2013)

Do your thing, NEETs and fellow shut-ins.

From 118's OP
>I'm also restarting the 3 day a week workout at 12:30pm and will be restarting the web lessons as well. If anyone is interested in participating in a live web development lesson let me know in the thread or in the channel.

>Take care everyone.

>Forum
https://neetorious.com/forums

>Chat
http://chat.mibbit.com/#[email protected]

>IRC help:
http://pastebin.com/Pi8EqVaX

>Conversation Starters and Past Topics:
http://pastebin.com/KFe5MQE2

>Helpful Links and Resources:
http://pastebin.com/ygPwDUk4

>NEETworkout:
M,W,F @ 12:30pm EST -http://s_ynchtu.be/r/neetadv(no underscore)

>Web Development Lessons
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEy1CySNG4fiQZ82Qa0PYHA
>>
Old bread >>16458883
>>
i hope that someday i will have hope!
>>
rip ten
>>
>>16466274
Drink more. It does wonders.

>>16466506
He'll live on in our hearts, and our NEETworkouts.
>>
>>16466789
Why are you forcing these threads
>>
>>16466838
shut up you stupid winged horse! i come here for the chance to be advised by a mentally ill neet whom has made it! STOP HOOFING ON MY DREAMS!
>>
>>16466838
Why do you shitpost all over this board? Same answer. Just cuz.
>>
>>16464265
The NEET workout is just a couple P4P videos streamed in a synchtube channel, all calisthenic/bodyweight. Great for a Hikki
>>
how can i achieve the singularity?
>>
>>16467612
Anyway to stream them somewhere/sometime else
>Live in Australia so it would be broadcast at 4:30 in the morning
>>
>>16468182
I guess someone can ask ten to make a YouTube upload of it.
>>
>>16466506
What happened to ten?
>>
File: 1447277908274.jpg (43KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
1447277908274.jpg
43KB, 453x604px
>>16467587
I've helped more people than you.

>>16467091
>advised by a mentally ill neet whom has made it!

Now that's adorable. You should make your own thread instead of circlejerking in this one if you want actual help.
>>
>>16468940
>I've helped more people than you.
rofl, whatever helps you sleep at night faggot
>>
File: 1447280815129.jpg (241KB, 755x1133px) Image search: [Google]
1447280815129.jpg
241KB, 755x1133px
>>16468952
Masturbating before bed usually helps :^)

Are you one of those people who are just mad and actually doesn't want advice? You know /r9k/ is a good place for this thread instead.
>>
>>16468957
Not him, but you never help anyone. The only thing you do here is shitpost and talk about how you love dick.
>>
>>16468957
I thought /r9k/ was your homeland.
>>
The robot killed this general
Long live the robot
>>
>>16468971
He is too small of a fish for /r9k
>>
>>16468958
I actually have people that say I've helped them. Truth hurts doesn't it?

>>16468971
/r9k/ is shit. Its facebook/reddit invading 4chan.

>>16469255
>going to /r9k/
>>
I'm fine... but this thread isn't.

The past few threads have been awful. I wouldn't keep popping it up if it keeps 404ing after 30 posts of nonsense.
>>
>>16469356
Won't you take us to the promised land?
>>
File: untitled-1.jpg (158KB, 740x560px) Image search: [Google]
untitled-1.jpg
158KB, 740x560px
>>16469373
Yes
>>
>>16469356
Then stop asking others to post and post yourself
>>
>>16469356
What's the worst that could happen?
>>
>>16469450

The last time I asked someone to post the thread was in February I think. :/

That doesn't mean I'm not grateful to the people posting it but the quality has deteriorated pretty severely this past month. I was making an observation of the current situation not giving orders.
>>
File: SGT-Hartman.jpg (229KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SGT-Hartman.jpg
229KB, 1920x1080px
>>16469632
Probably because the target audience is a bunch of shit heads that can't grow up and leave mommy's house
>>
>>16469632
So the captain sinks with the ship
Goodbye neet adv
>>
>>16469255
everytime I see a single slash I think reddit.
>>
>>16469632
>its because school is out and functional people have flooded the board with more interdesting threads for neets to troll, where as now we just get trip fags and neets with unasked questions
>>
>>16469632
It's literally my only source of interaction besides the bastard customers at work and my friend who obviously thinks of me as a backup friend since his fall from the social ladder.
>>
File: 1439774530236.jpg (13KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1439774530236.jpg
13KB, 306x306px
>>16470067
iktf
>>
If this general dies will you finally stop whining in your rooms and abusing your parents and go outside to try to get a life for yourselves?
Everyone left for school or /r9k and /r9k is never going to be the safe space you all want. All that's left is you, the bottom of the barrel that should tell you something
>>
>>16471493
Having no internet access didn't change how I acted. Having no running water or electricity changed how I acted. Why would a random general on a Taiwanese motion picture forum do it?
>>
>>16471493
>NEET/adv/
>safe space
U wot?
>>
>>16471506
Your parents death will change you
>>
>>16471678

Until he gets all of their assets and lives for the next twenty years living in a cheap studio apartment living off ramen.
>>
>>16471695
>he
Why do insecure people always do this?
Anyways you won't be able to go on isolated like that
>>
>>16471704

I just don't see a she using the term "Taiwanese motion picture forum". I could be wrong though. :/

And yeah, that kind of isolation is unsustainable.
>>
So, I've seen this near the bottom page of the catalog. Let's keep the thread alive.

IRC guys, did you read my cringe worthy story? It's time to let out your frustrations and just say outright that it's shit.

Honestly, we can't let these threads die.
>>
>>16471906

The thread has been running for 2 years now. It's a shadow of its former self. I think it's fine to keep it around if it's still being used but there's no need to put extra effort into it if no one wants to use it like they used to do.
>>
In the back of my mind even when I am improving with the job finding process I always get the instinct that no matter what jobs are going to make me miserable especially with me so late (almost 30 years old) figuring out what the hell to actually do having to probably go through many of them. Is it society just trying to shove that "you have to be miserable and work your ass off for nothing" mentality that in part has made me so scared?
>>
>>16471777
I've only known women to refer to this as a peruvian fingerpainting forum.
>>
>>16472209

As someone who is in their thirties now I know how you feel. Working for someone else sucks unless you're making a lot of money and/or really like your job and the people you work with. If you can work for yourself and find a buddy or two to do it with you might be a lot happier.
>>
>>16471493
You did it Reddit! You sure showed them!
>>
OP, considering the rude replies in the thread, I wanna write that I generally appreciate what you're doing and just registered on that forum.
>>
>>16472465
Le thank you very much
>>
>>16472466
>just registered on that forum
Oh my god kek
>>
>>16469641
I'm banging your mom when you're away from her house. She pays well.
>>
File: 111120150935135.jpg (28KB, 480x252px) Image search: [Google]
111120150935135.jpg
28KB, 480x252px
>>16472510
he's probably talking about the neetadv forums, not 4chan
>>
>>16472578

I think the person you were replying to was mocking the forum because they think it's kekworthy.
>>
Bumping for NEETs.
>>
have any of you ever gone back to old message boards you used to post on, maybe ones where you kind of got to know people if it was a smaller web community and knew what they looked like, and tried to find out what they're up to these days?

god, i went back to one, saw some old profiles... people who i remember as seeming old are now like 35 with auto updated profiles, but they've disappeared from the board. it's so weird.

time just flows on, everything changes. i always wonder just what other people are doing? i mean, i guess all people do is work, socialize, go home, eat, sleep, watch tv, play video games, it's not like anyone has some amazing life, but as a NEET i often feel so... empty, hollow, like i don't exist anymore or i'm a ghost, and it's weird thinking of people grown up and doing things

i used to know this guy online who was like 27 when i met him, so by now he's in his 30s, but he was a homeschooled perma neet drug addict, and he has no online presence so i have no idea what's up with him. i wonder if he does the same stuff, get high, get drunk, sit around all day?

i'm in this weird shocked awake mood, realizing time is passing by and nothing's going on, but at the same time i don't want a normal life anyway
>>
>>16473328

All of the old forums I used to visit are graveyards, it's depressing. I don't even have a facebook account to go looking up people I used to know and I'm not really the internet stalking type so I don't really care to look up people anyway.

I've been looking for active niche community sites that aren't filled with idiots and it's pretty much impossible. -_- 4chan seems like one of the last places with a little old school spark left and there isn't much left here either.
>>
Going to be unemployed by the end of the year. Not in school, haven't been in it for a year after my GPA went to shit. The past year has been draining taking public transportation through neighborhoods worse than where I live.

I don't know what to do, this empty feeling has become a daily thing. I might have a bug, I'm not as hungry as usual and when I do eat I feel like I can't hold it down.
>>
>>16473328
I've went back to the Weeb collection bug of the internet. Gaiaonline.

I had gotten depressed and moody reading threads about how everything is too expensive and how unpopular the website became.

[spoiler]I'm glad I'm not a forum assistant there anymore.[/spoiler]
>>
>>16473328
Not old message boards specifically, but I do wonder about the various online friends I've made that I lost touch with. Looked through old facebook messages awhile back while drinking. Weird how many conversations I'd forgotten. Some even to people who'd deleted their accounts or blocked me, can't even tell who they are since it just says Facebook User. And I don't remember either. It was a strange feeling.
>>
suddenly have extremely loyal gf who likes me very much and thinks im smart and great and who believes in me and thinks i will succeed in my (autistic) goals

>panic

ive never had someone this nice and pretty and smart believe in me before and i am scared shitless that at any moment i'll wake up and it'll be a joke or a dream or something
>>
File: Fuck it.png (928KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck it.png
928KB, 1366x768px
Im new to this whole, shut in thing
I used to have friends who'd I see like 2 times a week, till one day
Unemployed and trying to find work
What am I meant to do with myself, Im so bored
How do I meet new people? I hate most people really.
I just want another girlfriend who likes to stay inside rather than go out
>>
>>16474672

Sometimes you have to do a lot of shit that you don't want to do to get what you want. While there are some girls out there that prefer the company of NEETs the competition is pretty fierce so you have to be pretty much a NEET chad to even think about getting a girlfriend while NEET. It's best to get your life straightened out first then worry about girlfriends and things like that later.
>>
>>16474165
how did you deceive her? don't worry, she'll realize eventually how much time she's wasting on you
>>
>>16473770

I'm surprised people still use it.
>>
>>16475144

Sounds like you were deceived yourself...
>>
>>16472466
NP, anon. Was just passing through and saw a lot of NEETs posting, but no NEET thread.

I'd like to thank the generous bumpers for making my life easier.

>>16473328
Yeah, been there, done that. There are people I met in my early teens that misty be in their 40's by now, possibly with children as old as I was when I met them. I wish we could have kept in touch. They probably have some great advice by now.

>>16474165
That sounds terrifying.

>>16474672
>tfw no domesticated waifu
>>
I'm switching the NEETworkout back to Tues/Thurs at 8pm EST after this Friday. I got a new job that I start in a few weeks so there's no sense continuing the MWF workout. Not like anyone but me and bread show up to it anymore but eh, I felt like I should say something anyway because someone mentioned in the last thread they couldn't make it due to timezone issues.
>>
NEET AND PROUD!
>>
>>16475217
that obvious? shit.
>>
>>16475687

step. it. up. :|
>>
I was gonna join the irc, but I am banned even though I have never been there, why is this?
>>
>>16475993

Are you from Poland? We kind of had a problem with them a while back so we banned the whole country. hahaha
>>
>>16476002
No I'm from Sweden, but I could see other swedes also fucking up for others enough to get us all banned
>>
>>16476004

Hmm, we might have banned an ip range for someone from there, what's your username that you're connecting with?
>>
>>16476056

Hmm, try it now.
>>
>>16475421
Sorry I missed today, doctor shit, I may not make Thursday either because of it, but congrats on the new job
>>
>>16476168

Ugh, I'm not going to get into particulars but i know what you're going through and hopefully you bounce back quick.
>>
>>16476307

That was me btw.
>>
>>16475687

I just hope you aren't who I think you are. :/
>>
who else tried to go to college and fucked up

i entered and started getting panic attacks
then i took time off
hopped on meds
went back to study something else (physical therapy)
lasted one and a half semester
dropped out because i felt i was going nuts and felt like i was always on verge of crying or everyone was judging me
now planning on going back to study tourism
>>
>>16476801

Tourism sounds like a fun major, maybe the third time is a charm.
>>
>>16476865
yeah breh it was either that or languages
but im already bilingual

my only worry is fucking up again and getting panic attacks
>>
File: 484.gif (1MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
484.gif
1MB, 200x150px
>>16466233
I'm a relatively mentally stable individual who happens to be somewhat introverted. I only go out one day a week to see friends. Not especially ugly or whatever.

Is it possible to find a single girl without having to leave the house too much, or should I just give up? My self esteem is low enough yet for OkCupid whales or LGBTQAWSD feminists.
>>
How do I talk to people? All my life I've tried. Well, at first I didn't care, and I became very introverted for most of my life. I'm currently an autismbux neet so I figured I might ask here. I can't even properly talk with my family. I can't keep any friends. The longest I had a friend for was 2 years, then they just drifted away even though they meant the world to me at the time. I keep trying to make new friends but it doesn't work. My family said it's because I only talk about video games, so I tried to expand my interests by watching tons of movies and television and even anime though that's probably not normie enough. And still, nobody wants to hear anything I have to say once I work up the courage to say it. My family says I get too interested in the things I like. But, if you don't care what you're talking about, what's the point of talking about it so much? Am I just too boring or something?
>>
>>16476801
Just quit my college course a couple days ago because my social anxiety, depression and exhaustion are just getting too much for me.

Hopefully my psychiatrist will help me enough to get me back on my feet for next year.
>>
File: taxi-driver-poster[1].jpg (242KB, 680x1037px) Image search: [Google]
taxi-driver-poster[1].jpg
242KB, 680x1037px
>>16477778

>Just quit my college course a couple days ago because my social anxiety, depression and exhaustion are just getting too much for me.

Never really understood this, I mean, I'm a depressed socially retarded person who can barely look people in without getting the feeling that they're staring into my head but I was able to complete uni barely speaking to a soul. I usually found a sparsely populated area and sat there so it didn't look like I was sitting by myself.

Also I find it kind of annoying that most of the pic on the NEET thread are anime pic usually of that shitty welcome to the NHK.
>>
>>16477730

Try to talk to other people about the things they want to talk about. if you don't know something about what they're talking about ask questions about it to show interest. Conversation is a give and take thing, especially small talk, even if you're not really interested you can show interest just by asking some open ended questions.
>>
>>16477730
>My family said it's because I only talk about video games, so I tried to expand my interests by watching tons of movies and television and even anime though that's probably not normie enough.

Watching more telly really isn't expanding your interests.
>>
Any huehue NEETs here?
>>
>>16478594
>huehue

Brazilian? It looks like non-stop fun over there.
>>
>>16478603
It's not for me. I'm not into that kind of stuff.
>>
>>16476801
I dropped out of university because of mental issues and then dropped out of community college a couple of times and then went back to university and dropped out for the final time.

I just can't handle doing pointless bullshit without a social life to make up for it and I know I can't get one of those at college.
>>
>>16478364
Personally I'm more extroverted and I just need to have regular social interaction with friends to even function. Otherwise my brain just shuts down and I stop moving and can barely get out of bed and answer simple questions. Once I succumb to the psychomotor retardation it's game over for me.
>>
I will be holding another web lesson on Tuesday the 24th at 2pm EST. It will cover making responsive sites with Bootstrap 3 and maintaining your work with Github. If you're interested in participating in the live portion of the lesson let me know.

If you're new to the lessons you should try to watch up to the third lesson to get yourself up to speed. You will need to know HTML and CSS to some extent in order to benefit from this. I've been told my old lessons are kind of a train wreck so try to hang in there. -_-

You will need teamviewer and the teamspeak client if you want to participate in the live portion of it. I'm 99% sure no one will show up for the live part but I'm hoping someone out there will since I will be teaching this exact class at my new job and this will be good practice.

If you have any questions let me know.
>>
>>16478605
What kind of stuff aren't you into?
>>
>>16479124
Normiestuff.
>>
Bumping for NEETs.
>>
File: time to anhero.png (1KB, 268x18px) Image search: [Google]
time to anhero.png
1KB, 268x18px
>tfw rejected preemptively

;-;
>>
>>16480374

Are you polish?

Copy and paste the username/host that you're trying to connect with and I'll try to fix it.
>>
>>16480374
>>16480382

Or just connect to the Rizon network and send a /query to Ten. That would be the easiest thing to do.
>>
>>16478594
Br neet reporting
>>
Any Australians?
I am coming out of education soon, what can I do get neet bux?
>>
>>16481647
IIRC, just apply for it the day you finish school.
>>
File: 1445834413132.gif (2MB, 300x160px) Image search: [Google]
1445834413132.gif
2MB, 300x160px
Dunno if this is the right place, but felt fitting enough.
I'm about to take a semester break from college, and will be a NEET for a couple of months. This is mainly due to depression and lack of concentration with studies, and I feel like I need to take a break and get my shit together.
I guess what i'm asking is:How do you guys manage your time, or are able to stop doing something to get work done? Is there any way for me to be able to keep myself away from distractions so I can focus on schoolwork? I've looked into exercising again and eating right (lurked on /fit/ for a couple of years if that helps at all.), and to be more sociable as a person.
>>
>>16481840

The best way to stay focused is to get started on what you need to do. Sometimes you have to force yourself to do the stuff you don't want to do. Maybe set goals for yourself to achieve then reward yourself with some escapism for a bit.
>>
>>16481799
Who actually enjoys/ed getting neetbux? It was soul-destroying queuing up for only £50 a week.
>>
>>16481926
I've known of a handful of people that continue collecting around $200AUD a month even after they're employed via direct deposit.
>>
>>16481973
>ammo for tory scum

If I wasn't so depressed I'd be angry.

Did those J-list ads increase when jap moot took over? Nothing confirms that you're among creeps like J-list ads.
>>
>>16481998
Not really. J-list has always been pretty much the only banner ad sponsor on 4chan.
>>
>>16479103

For those who were thinking about attending the upcoming lesson:

I've decided to split this lesson up into two parts to keep it from going 2-3 hours like the others. The first part will be learning how to use github and the second part will be learning how to use bootstrap.

The github lesson will still be held this upcoming Tuesday but since the holidays are coming up I'm going to hold off on the bootstrap tutorial until Monday the 30th.

I will post the teamviewer meeting id and teamspeak server info in the thread an hour before starting.
>>
How are you doing fuckers? Me? I'm great, I'm attending an event downtown on a college I'm considering taking some courses on, currently having a coffee while waiting for the auditorium to open again.
Hey I have a new name for you zombies because you are not quite dead yet but who knows right?
>>
>>16477730
You won't make any friends by being a gloomy shut in bastard, I can tell you that. No amount of movies or anime are going to change that fact.
You need to go out, experience the world. No ody wants the input from a watcher, someone who doesn't participate in the world. Go out, figure out somewhere to be you are a smart kid you will do fine
>>
>>16477410
What's with all this fucking conformity you shouldn't give up nor expect a miracle you need to get out of your comfort zone. You don't need to go clubbing but you need to find a place to be sociable, college is a good place to start and you don't need an actual career
>>
No takers hu? I guess keeping your shitty general alive is a thankless job at least it only takes an hour a day
>>
>>16482191
I will grace you with my precense if you can teach me java. I still need to pass that test to get my ged ;_;
>>
>>16476801
I went to arts college. Everyone dropped out, it was fun while it lasted tho, I decided that I don't want to learn animation right now. Better polish my 3d skills and learn to draw properly first.
I got major depression for like two weeks and it costs me one key subject. I was back to being awesome after a little bit tho
>>
>>16478594
Banana no teim carozo seu filamentous groso I'm from your superior more white brother country
>>
>>16482451

>coming to a NEET thread to beat up on people to feel better about yourself

You're no better than us.
>>
>>16482483

Sorry, I won't be teaching Java, it's not one of the languages I use.
>>
>>16482585
That? Oh that is just friendly banter.
Aren't you going to ask about my day? All you do is complain lately
>>
After these web lessons are finished I will be phasing myself out of the entire community with the exception of the workouts. Don't worry bread I'm not leaving you behind, I wouldn't work out otherwise. -_-

I joined this community two years ago on this exact day. Before I came here I had never called a place 'home' on the Internet before but the NEET community was my home for the past two years and it helped me through an extremely difficult time in my life. I have a ton of great memories here.... as well as some terrible ones. I won't forget any of them or any of the people I've met here.

I'm officially handing off the IRC channel to AC and leaving #NEETadv.. If anyone from IRC needs to get in touch with me send an email to [email protected]. I will leave my bouncer hooked up to rizon but I won't check it regularly so email will be the best way to get in touch with me if you need me for anything.

I want to thank all of the people who believed in me and believed in my idealistic projects I started here. You guys provided a huge spark in my life that I didn't have before and for a moment there I felt like I could do anything. Unfortunately idealism isn't all that great and some people got hurt in the process and for that I am truly sorry. As an empathetic person by nature I can't knowingly hurt or burden someone but it still happened. Again, my apologies.

Well, I think that's all I have to say. I wish you all the best of luck and feel free to contact me if you need me in the future. Take care everyone.
>>
>>16483055
Is this the end of /adv Neet general?
>2 years
Well more like a year and 3 quarters
>>
>>16481998
>tory scum

No wonder you're neet.
>>
>>16483035
How was your day?
Faggot.
>>
>>16483100
The tories are scum.

I'm not NEET, I'm a shut-in with a job. I couldn't stand being on the dole for too long so after six fruitless months of trying to find a career that matched my degree (the advisers were fucking useless), I went straight for the first shit-tier job I could find.

I've been there for 2 years. I can't tell if it's any than being on the dole. I wish I could slit my wrists but I have student loans and other debts to pay off.
>>
>>16483120
Pretty great, sat for two and a half hours of shorts and creative comercials and an hour long motion capture demonstration, I even n asked a question. Couldnt stay for the talks tho.
I'm absolutely sure I want to study there. Last place was cheaper but this one is much more hip and cool plus amazing results, I'm kind of jelly since they started with the first year students and I could beat any of them at modeling but then they showers up the thesis projects and they where amazind
>>
feels like i'm losing it
>>
>>16483224
I feel like falling
Falling for you;)
>>
File: 1422479220621.gif (12KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
1422479220621.gif
12KB, 250x242px
>>16483239
>>
>>16483076
>Running since Oct. 31st, 2013
>1 year and 3/4s
goyim pls
>>
i wish to have a companion yet i do not like company.
>>
>>16483535
I'd terrified that I won't be able to keep her interested. I don't really want to put the pressure of the vast void I call my life on her.
>>
>>16483651
iv'e had those bottomless pit feels anon, but they do go away when you fill your life with some hobbies(that are not drugs/alcohol/gambling) and some goals that are realistically acheivable. The point im at now though is the:
>what purpose do i serve?
>what purpose can she serve ?
>I can't go for feels over reason or i will be unfullfilled
>going for reason over feels is no fun and then there is no point to a significant other unless muh children, which in all good conscience i canno do

so basically what im looking for is a sexual partner who accepts me for who i am and does not want anything more then for me to be myself whilst not putting their issues or expectations upon me

yep im fucked.
>>
>>16483860
Basically you want to let Jesus in your heart
>>
>>16483948
>sexual partner
>jesus
s-sure thing anon...
>>
>>16483076

Probably not, this general is pretty resilient.
>>
keeping it alive
>>
Welp I drank soda again. I haven't drank any in 3 months because its strictly forbidden since after my operation it could kill me but I kept having this nightmares every night where I had some and kept violently vomiting until I died and woke up
>>
>>16485353
And you know what it made me feel full and took away my anxiety. I remember now why I like it so much, I think I am better since I kicked the habit tho
>>
>>16485357

Can you drink carbonated water instead or could that kill you too? You should at least get the full feeling from it.
>>
>>16485376
No, nothing carbonated. It's scary as fuck that something that could kill you is sold at every store. If I had some after the operation my stomach would blow ip
>>
>>16485405

Sucks man. I guess you don't have much of a choice but to cut it out altogether.
>>
I'm shutting NEETorious down, I apologize to the few people who still use it but it has become too much of a liability for me to keep around at this point.

To the future OP: please remove it from the opening post if this general gets reposted again.
>>
>>16485754
>>16485754
some people were screencaping the posts and posting them in cringe threads anyways, i could have warned you but meh
>>
>>16485754
Will do.

You gave it a shot. I thought it was ill advised from the start, but you went for it. Good on you.
>>
>>16486052

Thanks for not warning me. -_-

One day I won't fuck something up I swear.
>>
>>16486053

Just another disaster in a long line of disasters. There's a reason why I'm getting out now. I've done more harm than good at this point and there's no recovering from it.
>>
>>16486077
Welcome to the world of trying to help people. The NEETfarm has been held up waiting on the appropriate legal team to assemble for reasonable locked-in rates.
>>
>>16486077
>when the cringe too loud
>>
>>16486077
In my opinion your mistake was not keeping enough distance. There needs to be some part of reality but also some part of myth to every leader
>>
>>16486188

Well said, and I agree.
>>
In a couple of years if this thread is still alive who knows? I may be good enough at drawing and 3d modeling to teach my fellow neets
>>
Should this even be bumped at this point?
>>
>>16486115
At least its still a reality baby!
>>
>>16486057
I dunno what the fuck to say but you've created a great thing here. It's very generous and courageous of you, especially given it's 4chan and it's full of assholes who bully those they perceive as weak or vulnerable, like NEETs.

Most people just sit back if they see a problem/opportunity to help people and wait for someone else to do it out of laziness/indifference/fear of their efforts being rejected.
>>
>>16486077
What disasters? What do you mean 'getting out'? Sorry, not up on the latest news of the threads.
>>
>>16488551
Papa tripfag carebear'd too hard couldn't handle the game or the fame and dropped spaghetti cause he's lame
>>
>>16488555
Admirable digits

Shitty post

Doesn't describe much either

Filtered
>>
>>16488563
shitty post for a shitty person in a shitty thread on a shitty board on a shitty site on a shitty server on a shitty company on a shitty continent on a shitty world on a shitty solar system on a shitty galaxy on a shitty quadrant on a shitty universe on a shitty multiverse on a shitty shit
>>
Hello. Where do I find a cute NEET boy to cuddle with??
>>
>>16488720
I'm cute but not NEET

I also take credit
>>
>>16488729

oh...

I'm kind of curious what you guys do here?? I always notice this thread because of the god awful OP picture.
>>
>>16488747
I don't know

I just live here
>>
>>16488551

This thread was just one part of the community. Honestly it was the tip of iceburg and there's no sense in getting any drama involved in the thread. Nothing good will come of it.
>>
>>16488542

Thanks for the kinds words.

I didn't create it though, I took the reins from cpucake after she got swallowed up by this place. i did put a ton of effort into it because I felt there was potential to make a real community where people looked out for each other and tried to help each other through difficult times. It didn't play out like that... not at all. If anything I'd guess most people left more broken than they came which was the exact opposite of what we were trying to achieve.
>>
>>16488996
What happened specifically, in a nutshell?
>>
>>16489018

Everything.
>>
>>16489023

I'm not discussing anything else here btw, a lot of these things are old news that has just compiled to this point. I'm just voicing my regrets for not being able to turn this into something respectable after a lot of effort.
>>
>>16489258
Awkward af
>>
>>16489285

Eh, I think I'm allowed an awkward moment here after two years.
>>
>>16489293
Don't give it any more attention than it needs. We have better trips you can respond to
>>
>>16485754
Oh, how sad, that was the only place I could talk about some things. And seeing other people with similar problems made me feel a little bit better about my life.

That said, I can live without it, and I posted a lot of embarrassing things there, even if it was anonymous, so good riddance I guess. I'm glad I peeked in the thread to find this out instead of not knowing what happened.
>>
>>16489495
why not just post embarrassing things as anonymous
>>
>>16489495
>similar situations

Kind of an odd thing when you're doing better than half the anons but still doing worse than the general population cos the bar is set so low.
>>
I registered there recently, and I'm sad to see it go. I was warming up to it. But then again, I wasn't there long enough to see any drama or anything. You gotta do what you gotta do, I guess.
Good luck out there Ten.

Anyone know of a place for NEETs to meet and hang out?
>>
File: 1388471963619.gif (8KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1388471963619.gif
8KB, 645x773px
>"Where are you in my life?"
--Someone I knew from high school

They just sent me a text, how do I respond without making them hate me? I wouldn't mind hanging out with them I just don't want the interaction to go poorly.
>>
>>16489843
>anyone know of a place for NEETs to meet and hang out
Oh boy I have new for you
Turns out you are in a coma and we are all dead and this is hell and you are actually a sucubbus and we are stuck in a time loop and you are the murders and have amnesia and she was your daughter but none of that matters because neets don't leave their rooma
>>
>>16489880
>please save me
Then you leave a voicemail of you crying
>>
>>16489923
Serious, I don't know how to respond normally. Can someone who has social skills respond with a typical response when an old acquaintance texts you this?
>>
>>16489945
Post the comment and I will reply for you
>>
>>16490120
Is it a girl? If all she sent you was were are you in my life send her
I don't usually get drunk and text but when I do is to an unresolved crush;) followed by how are you doing cutie pie?
>>
File: 1356758766885.jpg (88KB, 543x600px) Image search: [Google]
1356758766885.jpg
88KB, 543x600px
>>16489843
>see any drama or anything.
Neither did I and I was there for quite some time, I think the irc on the other hand had some drama.
>>
>>16489495

Hey Aries, the 'embarrassing things' problem was one of the main reasons I decided to get rid of it. I think a few of us were a little too open on there and that stuff has a way of finding you in the future.

Sorry for taking away a unique place on the net that you liked to visit though. You were one of the better contributors on there fwiw. I wish you luck in the future if we don't cross ways again.
>>
I want desert. What should I get? I was thinking about cheesecake or icecream but I'm open for suggestions
>>
>>16490267

The forum on the surface seemed innocent enough but we had a predatory member or two that I didn't know how to deal with. I'm not naming names since I'm not here to shame people. I didn't find this out until just recently. I had been close to closing it down before because my anonymity was broken by a certain douchebag and the information on there could have been used to seriously screw up my life. Once I learned about this predatory member's actions it was enough for me to make the decision. Again, I'm sorry for taking away a unique place on the net for the people that relied on it. -_-
>>
>>16489481
No there isn't

I'm the best you got hombre
>>
>>16490327
So are you a neckbear? Are you a twink? Describe to me your face
>>
File: 1425794617898.jpg (84KB, 803x790px) Image search: [Google]
1425794617898.jpg
84KB, 803x790px
>>16490327
That is serious enough, I guess that a community linked to 4chan will attract that kind of people. Wish you luck Ten, same for the others that were part of the forums.
>>
>>16490342

And I thought I was awkward hahaha
>>
>>16490395
Hey I showed you mine now show me yours, I thought we had an agreement here
>>
>>16490435

[creepiness intensifies]
>>
File: 20151122_092633.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20151122_092633.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
First snow of the season.

Stay warm, NEETs.
>>
>>16490477
Nice dubs
Well you wouldn't have anything to hide would you? I mean I have been telling all these people you are a cutie Were you lying to me all this time
Am I being catfished here?
>>
File: 1448228264772.webm (3MB, 270x360px) Image search: [Google]
1448228264772.webm
3MB, 270x360px
I saw this cute Chinese model online and and when I googled her I saw she was born in 97. I feel even more like a dirty old man.

Being a hermit is soul crushing sometimes.
>>
>>16490327
I was so upset to see the site having been 404'd. I also felt like it was starting to warm up just a bit...I'm glad you had it up in the first place, and I feel a lot more upset that people were taking advantage of it in malicious ways, even though I had always somewhat expected it.

I too am left with the feeling of "What should I do now?" when it comes to this stuff. I guess hang around in these threads some more? I guess most of us will be huh? I don't want everyone to just dissipate.

>>16490483
Say, I'm new here. Are you a truck driver? It's lately become interesting to me but my mother's giving me a lot of heat for that kind of interest. Would you recommend it?
>>
So how was everyone's day? I just voted against socialism in my country. Fuck the poor XD
Seriously 12 years is enough
>>
>>16490553
Argentina?

My day is fine, I am feeling less anxious than the last couple of days but I didn't sleep well.
>>
>>16490584
Yep we will be white again one day
>>
>>16490594
We won. The right wing won, no more person, no more socialism the world is ours now
>>
>>16490120
>>16490162
FUCK I stopped checking because I got hopeless. Both guys, neither gay. His exact text was:
>"Where are you in my life?"
I just said where I was working.
>>
>>16490525

Again, my apologies. -_-

The thread doesn't have the permanence nor the closeness that the forum did but it's a good place for now to hang out.

I've told someone from the IRC to ban the person from the forum who was screwing things up if he shows up again. Best I can do.
>>
File: 20151118_151527.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20151118_151527.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>16490525
Ye. It's great for shut-ins. Most people aren't cut out for it mentally, though.
>>
Good night NEETs.
>>
File: loaf1.jpg (11KB, 144x144px) Image search: [Google]
loaf1.jpg
11KB, 144x144px
>>16489495
:( I read your posts but barely replied if I ever did, hope everything goes well for you in the future.
>>16489843
There was a top secret board on another small chan... idk if that chan is even still alive tho
>>16490267
What anime are you consuming now? I'm reading One Punch Man
>>16490327
Can't blame you.
>>16490384
y-you too
>>16490483
Ours came last week, late, but still, GET ON MY FUCKIN' LEVEL SCRUB!
>>16490525
Like TF said, it's great for a shut-ins, but can you handle the stress of driving and being awake for ridiculous hours? Sometimes you get to sleep, sometimes you don't, a lot of book cooking and law breaking involved...
But if you can handle it, and take relative care of yourself and watch what you eat it'll make you into one hell of a hardened manly son'bitch.
orrrrrr a land whale on disability addicted to oxys! :^)
>>16491424
Good night sweet prince~
>>
The J-list ads look like parodies, like they know the people who buy shit from there lack self-awareness.
>>
>>16490293
It's ok, I understand why it needed to be done. There's still the thread and irc, anyway. And thanks, I wish you well too.

>>16490525
> I don't want everyone to just dissipate.
Yeah I get that feeling too, but I don't think it can be helped. A few may come here, but it's not the same. I'll probably be here more often, though.

>>16491787
It's fine if you didn't reply, there were a lot of times I read posts and didn't reply, too. Thanks for caring anyway and I also wish you well.
>>
>>16490913
>>16491787
>a lot of book cooking and law breaking involved...

Well, that latter part I didn't know anything about...Truck driving (A or B I'm not really picky about that, though I figure an A license makes one more valuable) just felt like something I could do. The manual material is not difficult, I like driving and the highway, it just seemed the closest thing to a career I could handle. But...That stress is a massive commitment that I don't know if I could handle.

Career's been on the mind, I gotta start investing in one. It's just, ever career either A)Is something I get nightmares just thinking of dealing with, aka all the people involved, or B)Something with an immense amount of schooling, school being something else I'm not well adjusted to. I mean, if a job was truly worth it or I was passionate, I'd go for 6 years straight, but I don't feel passionate about anything but my personal art, and I think other artists will tell you just how well that pays the bills. So, it's up to whatever I'm able to do, rather than passionate about.

But yeah, interested in any shut-in centric jobs--no, CAREERS people would suggest.

>>16490814
>Again, my apologies. -_-
It's ok I don't blame you c:
>>
>>16492098
The book cooking and sleepless days aren't really an issue for rookies that can subsist on $300 a week. Just follow your computer around the country and you're guaranteed 10+ hours to sleep at some point every day. Book cooking and driving all night only comes into play when you're trying to turn a $7000 week into a $10000 week. I've done it, but I'm fine with a lazy $2k-$5k a week. Hell, it's 9:30am and I haven't so much as booted up a load board and it's a 3 day week.

The stress and isolation is what cracks most normies, and social anxiety can wreck a shut in starting out. Some people just can't handle the social aspects of driving and think sustained incoherent rage is an acceptable way to go about their lives. Having to go into a building you've never seen before, and trying to find someone with no leads as to their name, occupation, or appearance can be a nightmare if ones social anxiety is bad enough.

When I started driving, there were 40 people in my orientation class. 6 quit the first day, some in tears. By the end of the year there were only two of us left that hadn't quit/been terminated/killed. 5 years later I've even lost track of that one.
>>
File: 30823449.png (299KB, 691x571px) Image search: [Google]
30823449.png
299KB, 691x571px
>>16491787
I plan on reading One Punch Man eventually too.
I haven't been reading manga or watching much anime though, I slowly advance watching Minami-ke and A-Channel.
I have Dorohedoro manga on hold.
>>
>>16488996
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

>>16490327
Predatory? In what way?

>>16492784
What about regional routes? I hear they're not as bad. I know someone that runs a regional route. He's back every day.
>>
>>16493462

Privately approaching female members with the intention of gaining their trust then trying to coerce them into sexual acts.

While I could just ban said individual it won't stop them from coming back with a new name and trying again. As I feel at this point I've done enough damage and I don't want to be indirectly responsible for someone else's life getting messed up.
>>
>>16493619
Ah, I figured it was that kind. What a scumbag. I'm sorry to hear it came to this, but at the same time, I'm not surprised since you probably drew a lot of people from 4chan.

At least trucker is open about wanting a sex slave.
>>
Off topic but someone here might be interested.

I've been brainstorming a community based site idea and could use someone to bounce ideas off of since I'm kind of shorthanded in the friends department right now.

I've felt like our community here was too divided between 4chan, the forum and the IRC channel and I'm trying to come up with a way to put these all together somehow so everyone is in one place instead of spread out everywhere. I'm looking for someone who can see the big picture but is also analytical enough to describe the details like UI, interaction, privacy, moderation and things like that. If you have graphic design skill and are able to mock something up you would be my hero (and I'd pay you). If you think you can help me put together a good idea that you think people would want to use then you can either email me at [email protected] or send me a /query to Ten on rizon.

This doesn't mean I'm trying to rebuild the NEET/Shut-in community with it, I just see the need for something like this and it doesn't exist to my knowledge. I'd also like to be apart of a community like that even if it wasn't focused around the issues we talk about here.

Please note that if I start work on this it will be a longterm project and probably won't see the light of day for a few months at least so you might not see the fruits of your labor for a while. If I you're the kind of person who has a great idea for something like this and can sell me on it and help me along the way I will make sure you're compensated appropriately for your time.
>>
>>16482191

Just a reminder that my github tutorial will be tomorrow at 2pm EST. If you want to participate live and ask questions I will be dropping the teamviewer/teamspeak info 30mins before starting here in the thread.
>>
File: meg.png (720KB, 545x668px) Image search: [Google]
meg.png
720KB, 545x668px
so i will be alone in new years same as most of you fuckers so i propose we have a party. This will be the saddest party ever you are only allowed to bring depressive snacks and drinks, oly sad music will be played but nothing too faggy, and normie drugs arent allowed. At the end of the party we call it quits and never see each other again. What do you guys think?
>>
>>16493716
This. Finally someone makes sense
Let's all move into a drug house. You will have plenty of company, as many drugs as we can cook, we will be richer than truckerfag. Literally the perfect plan
>>
>>16494471
here here
>>
>>16493462
All the stress of OTR with the added stress of getting home on time. Regional routes are typically a week out at a time so it isn't much of a difference for most people. They usually require a few years experience to get onto as well.
>>
Today was magical. After starting my workout routine and diet 7 months before, and buying better clothes along with proper grooming, I decided to finally approach a cute girl. I did it in college. She was talking with some friends, and they went away and she was left alone. I was also waiting for my ride and I took the courage to start a conversation. I did it, I was spontaneous, it was simply great. She laughed at pretty much everything I had to say while I kept my posture. It's like something clicked, and I was in control. I then told her if she cold guess my name, she'd get to give me her number (I don't know where the courage to even say something like that came from). She said she didn't know. I said she could just try and guess it. She said a random name, and I said that was correct, so I got her number. Later she asked if I was lying, and I said yes. She just laughed and we had to part ways. I was too coward still to go for a kiss, but I'll be texting her soon.

It was just wonderful. It felt like light piercing the darkness. And with this, I bid farewell to you, my neet friends. The journey was rough but I finally did it. Good luck to you all!
>>
>>16494471

I wasn't planning on making it for this community, sorry to rain on your party. Something like the idea I described can be used for other purposes. Mainly I'm tired of shitty internet communities and social media sites that just drive people further apart from each other.
>>
>>16494969
But I was planning on posting my pokemon there I'm getting better I promise
>>
>>16494346

I'm pretty sure a few people would be murdered or worse.
>>
>>16495019
lets have a murder party then. Last man standing gets to colect everyones disabililty
>>
>>16495067
>>16495019
>imblying NEETs are mobile
If my brother's fiancée finally gets him off his flavored whiskey habit by this crimbus, I'll go around picking up NEETs in the midwest, and you can all have a shanking party at some poor drugden on New Year's day. I can probably drag 6 of you along, 7 if at least one of you has a driver's license. I volunteer as referee, since I served as ref in wrestling after my left arm was torn from its socket in high school.
>>
Guess I should come to terms with the fact that I'm a NEET. Haven't been in school for almost a year, and no job either. I do art commissions when they come, other than that I've basically wasted an entire year. I look for jobs but not as hard as I could due to anxiety. A few places called back but nobody wants to hire me. I joke about my NEETness with my SO (I live with him and his family, and it bothers me a lot) so he can't tell that it's killing me inside.

My family tells me all the time to move back in with them because of better job opportunities, but they live on the other side of the country, and my SO won't be able to move with me for a few reasons. I'm not sure how we will do a long distance relationship.

I don't know, I'm a bit at a loss for what to do. On top of everything, my hair is thinning, I'm breaking out more these days, and I'm developing a muffin top.
>>
>>16493716
I really wish I could pitch in with a good idea but I just can't think of anything that hasn't been done yet! Plus, I hate to say it but I figure the same malicious problems that came up before could happen again in some new community of any type. Though maybe some ground rules on subject matter might limit it. I suppose I was one of the most open people at the forum (initials D.B.) and I was like that cause it felt very carefree, and a longtime goal was to not be embarrassed of some stuff, I would know that's cathartic as did a lot of people, but if that's the root of the issue, I wouldn't know how to get along without it.

>>16494820
Ah so even shorter routes are rather complicated in their own ways. Well, for me there's still a lot to consider. I might just get some training and a B license just to look good for interrelated jobs at the worst, but, driving always and still feels like a feasible career choice to me. Just very demanding, a level at which I've never performed before.

So back to NEET issues, I wanted to echo again what people thought for shut-in centric type careers? Something ruins each one I think of. I considered stenography before learning about actual stenography and what court reporting is like, having such a low margin of error, at the command of so many people...It sounds like a nightmare just for those reasons!
>>
>>16495400

After the first year it's too easy for it to become an ongoing problem. The longer you stay NEET the harder it gets to break out of it. Five years disappeared before I even knew it and the same could happen to you at this point.

Don't let yourself go, losing your self-esteem and self-confidence will just make you want to hide away from the world even more and lead to you making bad life decisions. Breakouts can usually be controlled with diet by avoiding sugar, crappy carbs and caffeine. Try to get yourself into a regular workout routine to stay in shape and keep your calorie intake low. As a NEET you don't need much to get by so just eat when you're actually hungry not because it's a normal time to eat. Try to run two times a week and do some exercises that often as well. Thinning hair might be hereditary unfortunately and controlling it is expensive. Using DHT blocking supplements should help a lot but they're expensive and are not a cure.

We do a twice a week 30 minute workout here Tues/Thurs at 8pm EST in the Synchtube channel. If you need a way to stay motivated and to get yourself in shape it could help. I have been doing it for more than a year now and I doubt I would have had the willpower to keep this routine myself if I didn't have others to work out with. You will still need to run though since we don't really do any cardio.

Are you mobile enough to volunteer anywhere? Are there any non-profits in your area? It might help to build your self confidence back up as well as getting you out of the house and meeting other people. Having connections helps and you might be able to even use them as a reference for future job applications.
>>
>>16495908

At one point I felt it was nice having an open community like the forum and my idealistic side still thinks it's a good idea. But I don't want you guys being punching bags for other places around the net and I don't want any of you getting your lives messed up by predatory people who patrol there or by having something you posted there come back to haunt you later in life. I feel pretty terrible for killing the forum still but it was for the best unfortunately.

Bookkeeping is a decent job for a shut-in type, especially if you can get involved with a small business. You'll spend most of your day inputting data and reconciling accounts and preparing taxes. There are deadlines and things like that but social interaction is kept to a minimum. You would probably have to get a quickbooks certification or something like that to get one though. It would probably be near impossible to get one without some kind of experience or schooling.
>>
>>16493619
That sort of thing can't be avoided, it would have eventually happened to those people had they continued to join online communities and the predator would have found victims elsewhere had the forum not existed, this kind of thing happens in real life as well, the world is just fucked up.
>>
>>16494852
A kiss would've been too forward. Wait at least for a date. Glad to see you're making progress.

>>16495400
If the opportunities are better, I really think you should move back. You're going to resent your boyfriend eventually for feeling like he's holding you back, and if he truly loves you, he'll want what's best for you.
>>
>>16494220
>>16482191

My web development lesson for version control lesson with git and github will start in another 40 minutes or so. If you're interested in participating in the live portion of it please join the teamspeak server. I will post the teamviewer meeting information there if anyone shows up. :/

Teamspeak Server: 108.161.130.57

If you can't make it I will post the video to the youtube channel with the others and I will drop a link here once it's finished.
>>
>>16496764

Teamviewer Meeting id: m67-071-240
>>
>>16494969
so you acknowledge this community is filled with shitty people and youre trying to recruit people from here to build your brand shiny new one?

that should work out well
>>
Version control with git and github web lesson 7

Video: (might have to wait another hour for HD)
https://youtu.be/u6HVFv3l6Iw

Source Code:
https://mega.nz/#!nNEQHKAC!E3tF5vY57PvoUh8KdJRXwp6sfsOABYrBpUKO1_4Nsxo

That was the first web lesson without any live students. It made me a little nostalgic seeing the old homeworks from our original lessons, especially that geocities nightmare one haha

The next lesson will be on the 30th and it will cover making responsive sites with Bootstrap. You should know HTML and some CSS though in order to fully understand it. That lesson will probably go two hours or more due to the scope of the topic being covered. It will start at 1pm this coming Monday.

I'm planning on retiring 'Ten' before I start my new job which means I will only be posting anon after the 7th. Sorry for trip fagging up this thread but it's my farewell tour of sorts so I can't help it. I'm trying to go out by being helpful and this is pretty much the only way I know how.
>>
>>16497274
while I'd usually agree with an attack of this type, you're not quite hitting the mark.
this community may have had its fair share of shitty people but they by no means make up the majority, Ten shouldn't have a problem finding decent people.
>>
>>16497319
you don't need to apologize for using a trip the way it was meant to be used.
were the events that occurred throughout this community's history really enough to make you want to distance yourself from your handle?
>>
>>16497274

There are good people here, they are just the minority. I'm sure this isn't the best idea (most of my ideas are terrible) but there might be someone out there who is looking for an opportunity like this and doesn't have many other options and they might even not be crazy.

I didn't want to make a site like this for this community mainly because it would be too addicting if pulled off correctly and I don't want to keep NEETs locked to the computers all day long. 4chan assholes screwing everything up would be a close second though. :|
>>
File: 1426350036172.jpg (321KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1426350036172.jpg
321KB, 1280x1920px
>>16497378
Nice blog
>>
File: image%3A5864.png (68KB, 269x592px) Image search: [Google]
image%3A5864.png
68KB, 269x592px
>>16497378
Can my pokemon help? {I don't really know how to do anything else)
>>
>>16497378
dont listen to this faggot >>16497509
all ive ever seen him do is hate on people, especially in these threads. I for one like these threads if only for the fact they throw out most social conventions. We are given examples from a young age by our peers and rolemodels to bottle shit up and not burden others with our problem, much less consistently give voice to them, this honest discourse whilst not always productive is whilst destructive to society, the individuals who actually partake in it are made morally stronger for it, well at least in my case. Also as anecdotal evidence the only people i see being shitters are the ones who put others down in these threads as a way to make themselves feel bretter, and whilst this behaviour is valued by society, it is not infact helpful to either individual.
>>
>>16494852
WE'RE ALL GONNA MAKE IT BRAHS
>>16495339
Never knew you were a wrestler, +1 respect.
>>16495400
go where the opportunities are, it's not like it will be hard for you to find someone new, you're a female after all~
>>16497509
>>16497515
kys samefag~
>>
>>16497554
you know, not everyone that has criticism is only doing it for the sake of feeling better about themselves. everyone here could benefit from having a good hard look at themselves and realizing theyre shit. this doesnt make me feel good to say, its just facts
>>
>>16497770
>still giving a shit
People here are what they are, they don't want change, they don't want better, learn to let it go you will live longer
>>
File: image%3A5866.png (101KB, 414x476px) Image search: [Google]
image%3A5866.png
101KB, 414x476px
>>16497751
>samefag
No more trips for me I learned my lesson. Only avatar posting from now on
>>
>>16497554

Thanks for the support, I have a pretty thick skin from being here for so long so don't worry. I'm asking for trouble by using my trip so much and being so public, it's bound to happen.

>>16497770

I agree and I could benefit from that as well. -_-

-------------------------------------------

NEETworkout starts in 10mins

http://s_ynchtu.be/r/neetadv

remove the underscore
>>
File: NkO50dw.jpg.png (339KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
NkO50dw.jpg.png
339KB, 640x360px
>>16497830
The only thing making you shit is that you even consider what this guy is saying. You are as much shit as you chose to believe.
Stop blaming yourself so much. It is depressing even listening to you, that can't be good for you.
>>
>>16497869

Noted, I'll try to keep the self deprecation under wraps a little better. I think there's some truth that there are benefits of having people who provide criticism, it can help when the person means well.
>>
File: 5763428843_c0285eb227_o.png (72KB, 250x272px) Image search: [Google]
5763428843_c0285eb227_o.png
72KB, 250x272px
>>16497554
nice blog
>>
File: image%3A5867.png (150KB, 352x352px) Image search: [Google]
image%3A5867.png
150KB, 352x352px
>>16497970
Sure thing boss
>>
>>16497988
you are a toxic person
>>
>>16498269
blogging is against the rules this is an /adv/ board

if you don't respect the rules then leave
>>
>>16498272
please get help, i feel sorry for your gf.
>>
>>16498277
Get help for what? lol
>>
>>16498315
I don't need help beeing myself
>>
>>16498318
you obviously contain no introspective abilities whatsoever, maybe this is the thread for you, enjoy the honest discourse, this is your flaw, are your going to become a better person by changing it ?
>>
>>16498445
Why do you feel the need to project your insecurities on me? You can blog in your safe space
>>
>>16498481
your really obsessed with blog's recently:
>>16497988
>>16497509
is yours not going as planned ?
>>
>>16498515
nice blog
>>
so tripfaggotry aside, how does one find a meaningful relationship whilst in neetdom ?
>>
>>16498641
you dont
>>
Not an actual shut-in, i used to be one a quite long time ago and now find myself with zero motivation to finish my college, maybe i picked a wrong major but its kinda too late to quit at second-last year.

I gave up turning a few assignments for good and been not "giving it all" with "its almost over" mentality now I've to redo an entire semester because i dropped out from a core class.

Is there something i can do to recover from this slump? I've absolutely zero friends in my school that i can count on and nobody to vent my problems.

At school it feels like I'm living a second life, a fake one just like one of many video game characters i play and i only find myself at easy when I'm alone with my own thoughts. Perhaps I'm afraid of losing my "NEET-ish" self with all you internet folks and been holding back from giving it all to the outer world to look for some real-life relationships. But what the hell, i drove myself into a mess.

Maybe I'm afraid of meeting my school teachers and colleges after I've fallen into depravity, but honestly, i don't think others give a damn shit about me.

Guess I'll re-watch some coming-of-age anime like Tamayura, Welcome to NHK or Haibane Renmei, eat some delicious food and try to move on with my life.
>>
>>16498655
it depends what your school is like; councilor, support ect... to get you catchup classes and extracurricular tutelage.
Also dont sell youself short, you are just some guy to people sure, but that also gives you room to be something to them, that is if you want to be. Don't give up!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxGRhd_iWuE
>>
I'm thinking of seeking professional help, asking my primary physician if they can recommend a psychiatrist. What is it like speaking to one? I don't know what to expect or how to talk to one. I have a nagging fear that I won't know if anything in specific is wrong with me mentally and that my visit will be rushed toward a prescription.
>>
>>16499050
if it's a psychiatrist then their primary job is to prescribe medication for mental illnesses, think of it like taking your car to a mechanic and asking him if there is anything wrong. I would personally recommend going to a psychologist first to feel out whether what you think/feel is out of the norm, but a word of advise if you want to retain your freedom and have serious thoughts of doing harm to yourself or others, do not advise them of this but at the same time make them aware of the emotionally instability or hardship you are going through and it's severity so you can get the appropriate treatment.
>>
>>16498655

What are you majoring in? Losing your NEETish self isn't a bad thing. I've seen people quit this far into college and it never turns out well and they end up regretting not finishing. Get your degree no matter what. It's extremely hard to make it anywhere without one. It's almost as necessary as a high school diploma at this point.
>>
>>16499162
Good to know, I forgot about psychologists. Thanks, much appreciated. I imagine if i was locked in anywhere that wasn't my room it would drive me insane. I'll try to keep that from happening.
>>
>>16497751
You assume she is attractive. While we don't know that, she is just as likely to be unattractive.

>>16498641
Usually you don't. It all cones down to being in the right place at the right time with the right person. In other words, luck.

>>16498655
>I've absolutely zero friends in my school that i can count on and nobody to vent my problems.
Your school more than likely has free counseling services. Talk to them.
>>
It's a nice day out, I think I'll take the cat out for a walk.
>>
Been sleeping over 12 hours for the last 3 days, it doesn't seen to make me feel any better or able to put me back in the track.
>>
>>16500015

Did something happen to make you want to stay in bed for so long?
>>
File: quagmire app.png (82KB, 292x534px) Image search: [Google]
quagmire app.png
82KB, 292x534px
would you buy my app?
be honest, if i made some kind of shitty game for android with this mesh would you pay one buck for it, would kids? what do you think?
>>
>>16500039

No, I wouldn't, no hard feelings.
>>
>>16500046
Why tho? I mean you can't deny its cute. Maybe you wouldn't but little kids would right?
>>
>>16500051

Doubtful, it needs to be dripping with absurd levels of cute in order to get picked up these days. It's tough out there, so many places where people can get their cute fix these days.
>>
>>16500063
Well its only a weekend worth of work, if I can convince my friend to code it that is. I say 1000 downloads would be worth it
>>
what are other designs i can steal? if they are free better
>>
>>16499691
>walking a cat
i bet you are american.
>>
File: JUST.jpg (21KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
21KB, 500x375px
>quit college because of lack of money and disillusionment with career choice
>got a job but boss is enough of an asshole to make me quit
>want to start a webcomic as an experiment but keep procrastinating on both drawing practice and research
>only thing going on is a free computing course I'm half-assing
Is my only hope putting my all into this?
All I do nowadays is lurk /toy/ and watch anime.
>>
File: 1448064720607.jpg (47KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1448064720607.jpg
47KB, 640x360px
well i'm gonna go to sleep now even though it's only 8pm

i dont want to deal with these feelings of loneliness and regret
>>
>>16501177

Don't worry, it's not normal to walk a cat anywhere, even here in the US. I just like to take her for walks occasionally when it's nice out.
>>
>>16501234

I'd say it gets better but I'd be lying. Have a good sleep anon.
>>
>>16501227

So you quit your job or are you just on the brink? If you're passionate about making web comics then go for it. If you have the time and the ability to make it happen then don't let another day go by.
>>
File: DqYDvbV.jpg (78KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DqYDvbV.jpg
78KB, 1920x1080px
>>16501227
>Is my only hope putting my all into this?
Do it and find out! it not not worth it not giving it your all if you can and don't have anything else to do.
At least until you find another better possibility.

It is good to practice giving your all, and it feels nice.
>>
>>16501227
>>16501307

Also, do you have an example of your work? If you have a good enough idea and good enough talent I'd be willing to throw some money at it to see what happens. :/
>>
>NEET and Shut-In Advice
>by other NEETs and shut-Ins
kek
>>
>>16501313
If you can character design, I can 3d model. Hit me up and lets see what happens ;)
>>
>>16501501

I might have been a NEET giving advice but I have more real world experience than most 'normal' people at my age. Don't think that because someone is NEET they're a total helpless idiot. There are a few of us who had our lives turned upside down but are still knowledgeable of how the world works.
>>
I didn't know replying like the old days was such an ordeal.

>>16501307
>So you quit your job or are you just on the brink?
I quit. He told me I can go back but I'm done with his shit.

>If you're passionate about making web comics then go for it. If you have the time and the ability to make it happen then don't let another day go by.
I wouldn't say I'm particularly passionate, depression is a bitch, but I like the medium and not having to go through content policing.
As for the ability, I've always had the talent but not enough practice to draw consistently, though the character models I plan to use first are simple enough. Perspective is what kills me.

>>16501311
I can't find enough motivation. Computing can help me earn the money I'd need to get on my feet but it's so fucking boring.
I just feel too old to get me fired up over the future too well.

>>16501313
I have papers and notes and shit, but not much digitally.
My scanner has been in store for a while.

>If you have a good enough idea and good enough talent I'd be willing to throw some money at it to see what happens. :/
If there's anything I have in abundance are ideas. Hell, I even presented them to my writing teacher and he said I could sell like two thirds of them just fine.

>>16501528
I can come up with characters just fine but I can't draw too well.

>>16501501
Better than killing ourselves right now T B Q H my family.
>>
File: image%3A5877.png (67KB, 756x460px) Image search: [Google]
image%3A5877.png
67KB, 756x460px
>>16501776
Here is what I'm modeling now, there is a thread in /VP if you want to check it out. It could help if you showed me an example but as long as you can make something without too many mistakes there is no prob
>>
File: image%3A5878.png (109KB, 787x577px) Image search: [Google]
image%3A5878.png
109KB, 787x577px
>>16501863
Posting other two angles
>>
File: image%3A5879.png (94KB, 645x540px) Image search: [Google]
image%3A5879.png
94KB, 645x540px
And the third my designer friends are either rich or I can't afford to pay them:(
>>
Also looking for someone with Photoshop skills to help me with the textures I guess
>>
Enough crying, its time to go to school after pulling an all nighter and skipping study
>>
What are some decent jobs or companies to work for even for NEETs? I've heard Costco is pretty good for example.
>>
>>16502198
Which job at Costco? All the ones I can think of involve interaction with hundreds of strangers daily.
>>
>>16502207
i've heard even working as a cashier at costco is decent because benefits
>>
>>16502198
anyone?
>>
>>16502198
answers to this interdest me also
>>
The
>>
End
>>
>>16502198
Freelance 3d modeling of course
>>
Is there any validity to meditation or is it a "spiritual" snake oil? I was talking to a friend about anxiety and he suggested I try it. Does anyone have any links to some reliable info on it or getting started with it?
>>
>>16502597
Holy shit just google it meditation is scientifically proven to work
>>
>>16501501
and thats why nobody here will ever get out. hopeless people giving more hopeless advice

everyone that's been through here leaves worse than they arrived
>>
>>16502198
ive known a few people that have worked at costco, apparently its pretty good. it is dealing with a lot of people but thats probably what someone here needs to jolt themselves out of reclusivity
>>
>>16502732
so are sugar pills
>>
>>16502597
If you are doing it right it should work. It sounds really logical too, why wouldn't you trust it?
It is about controlling your thoughts. Meditation can help you calm down when anxious, or identify bad thoughts and start eliminating them like: blaming your self for things you shouldn't, remembering bad things that don't longer matter, imagining all what could go wrong, etc.
It is like reprogramming your brain. I never heard anyone say that meditation doesn't work.
>>
>>16502870

>everyone that's been through here leaves worse than they arrived

I can't argue that, even North Dakota NEET ended up losing it after all that effort. I guess we're just society's misfits and we're destined for failure no matter how hard we try (or not try). -_-

It's hard to be optimistic these days.
>>
Happy Thanksgiving NEETs and Shut-ins.

I hope you all have a happy and stress free one too.
>>
>>16502597

I've meditated before and it works. There are techniques you can google about to help it work better for you. The hard part is getting yourself to do it regularly which takes some willpower and dedication.
>>
File: image%3A5886.png (171KB, 1004x754px) Image search: [Google]
image%3A5886.png
171KB, 1004x754px
>>16503151
I guess I'm the only exception then. You could learn a thing or two from me
>>
>>16501863
>>16501867
>>16501874
Don't think I don't appreciate the offer, but what would I need 3D models for when doing a webcomic?
>>
>>16503497
Why would you make a webcomic when we could make assets for the unity store and get dosh?
>>
>>16503550
Or we could find a coder and make some shitty app on a weekend too
>>
>>16503497
Look I don't know what kind of game you are in for but I know a 20 models package goes for 100 mucks and you don't need to give blender a dime until you reach 5000 dollars and 5000 dollars sounds nice plus it can afford me all kinds of classes and courses
Also we could realistically make two of these a week
>>
>>16503151
or you could all go get real help instead

all this thread is doing is stopping people from getting actual help
>>
>>16503666

Most people here have been through counseling and therapy that I have talked to at least. I don't think this place is actively stopping anyone from getting actual help.
>>
Some people told me I'm good enough for tumblr. Is this true? That would mean I could get fans and even work for commissions
>>
New bread:
>>16504237
>>
>>16503758
most? we must be talking to completely different people then. its a rare few that ive encountered that have.
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.