[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How true is pic related?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (57KB, 960x444px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 960x444px
How true is pic related?
>>
Will it make you any more or less lonely to know exactly what percentage of men/women accurately fit this definition of loneliness that someone completely unqualified slapped onto some stock images?
>>
Do men light candles while they're drinking alone?
>>
Completely untrue man, there are girls who are ugly as sin and can't talk to anyone without having a panic attack

You don't see them because, uh... they're probably at home
>>
>>16462269
True in the sense that people can still be socialites and feel lonely, but it's obviously not as profound as someone truly alone.
>>
>>16462269
Man
Replace the alcohol with weed and video game, the candles with a bottle of lotion.

Woman
'Haven't had a bf in so long', 'I'm lonely', I had sex last week and am going to a 'girls' night out tonight.
>>
isn't true at all, but society and internet makes us believe that shitty generalizations

>tfw you cant talk to someone for months
>>
Aside from my mom, dad, physician and psychologist, I haven't spoken to another human being in... 3 and a half week I think.
>>
>>16462328
Me too anon, minus physician.. *le hug*
>>
>>16462269
Two weeks? Make that months and it's accurate.
It's perfectly normal for me to go 3 weeks without talking to anyone.
I simply don't give a shit that women get so much attention and never have to deal with loneliness. Doesn't effect me.
>>
This has nothing to do with advice.
>>>/trash/
>>
>>16462269
Well, credit where credit is due. Not only are you starting to branch out in what pics you use, you're even starting to find some better pictures.

Because yes, this pic is a lot closer to the truth than your usual drivel. Including the bit about how the woman complains about things other people do to her, while the man complains about things he has not done.
>>
>>16462278
I do
>>
Im a woman with a gf, but I always feel lonely. She's actually gone right now because she's going to babysit the neighbors kids a few houses down.

It feels terrible when she's gone. She's literally all that I have, but she has many friends and could make more cery easily if she wanted to. She still has her family and everything, too, but she's all that I have. Its gotten to the point that I still feel lonely even when she's around

Its mostly my fault because I get shy and paranoid that everyone finds me disgusting and hates me for some reason by default. I get all sweaty and my stomach starts burning whenever Im around people like my body thinks its in some sort of life or death situation. 4chan is pretty much the only place I really go to when I feel a deep desire to interact with other people and Im here pretty much every day for hours

I dont know if I actually qualify for this post since I have someone in the very least, but I guess it still doesnt feel very good. Not sure if it proves your statement or not, either, but here goes
>>
>>16462351
The closest I got to intimate contact was when a guy sat next to me on the bus the other day. We had a man spreading contest, I won.
>>
>>16462278
Only when they make a buffalo chicken scent

>>16462506
>It feels terrible when she's gone.
Can't you hang out with her considering how close she is? As long as you guys don't get feely touchy I can't imagine it being an issue.
>>
>>16462506
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIdIqbv7SPo
>>
>>16462269
I'm a girl
I haven't talked to anyone besides my mom in 2 months
And when I say talked I mean listened
>>
>>16462328
well you're talking to us right now, and according to captcha we're not robots :3
>>
>>16462269
>tfw I'm a guy who is "woman lonely" and it fucking sucks
>>
>>16462545
>>16462545
4chan is just a turing test. Didn't you know. Besides my psychologist says I have to start talking to real people face to face, not online people.
>>
>>16462269
When I was a lonely woman, I drifted away from most of my close friendships and stayed inside on the internet (but not social media) all day.

When my boyfriend opened up to me about being lonely before, he said he did a lot of online dating.

The pictures don't seem correct on either side. Such broad statements.
>>
I'm a lonely guy. I haven't talked with anyone in... I don't even know anymore, months. Unless you count saying "thank you" to a cashier talking.

I used to be a happy sociable guy but all that went away with whatever was left of my soul and heart when I heard the words "You're like a brother to me." From a lass I was planning on marrying. I even got the bloody ring ready.

Is this even the oldest tale in the book /adv/?
>>
nah. I dunno. I think this results out of a lot of things. (Like how social you are) I know a bunch of shy women that don't go out or dress up, and I know men that are super outgoing despite being single
>>
>>16462520
Not really, Im not really that great around other people. Im kibd of worried that I missed my chance and am no longer capable at funtioning normally in social situations. Id worry that I was making her look bad or that her friends wouldn't like me and Id just spend the entire time wishing I never left her house

>>16462525
ah... thanks anon. i guess sad relatable songs kind of make life a little more tolerable
>>
>>16462593
>Im kibd of worried that I missed my chance and am no longer capable at funtioning normally in social situations.
You're probably going to be awkward at first. It's a learned thing. But you certainly won't ever improve if you never leave your comfort zone. Until you confront those anxiety issues don't expect anything to change.

Slow progress is infinitely better than none.
>>
>>16462613

I guess you're right, but I don't really know where to begin. Posting to 4chan was sort of leaving my comfort zone because I can post without getting worried even if theres negative feedback, but it seems a thousand times more difficult irl.

I don't really know where to begin I guess
>>
>>16462754
>I don't really know where to begin I guess
Leave house, accompany waifu, meet her friends and try talking to people. It's not the end of the world if you come off as shy and awkward. You have an easy in compared to most people in your situation.
>>
File: 1447094418110.jpg (9KB, 261x224px) Image search: [Google]
1447094418110.jpg
9KB, 261x224px
>>16462269
Not as true as pic related
>>
>>16462269

>2 weeks

heh the last time I spoke to someone that wasn't out of necessity (work) was 5 weeks ago. It was nice, I kinda miss it.

I don't give a shit though because I know I'm an unlikable piece of shit. I went through college and attended so many events and clubs, made no friends.
>>
File: why.jpg (23KB, 288x499px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
23KB, 288x499px
>>16462269
>I haven't spoken to another person for two weeks
fuck that hits home
>>
>>16462269

If you're an attractive woman, yes. If you're not, then it's exactly like the men picture.
I'd say I'm somewhere in the 4-6 range, I'm pretty plain, and about 30 lbs overweight, so in a rich-ass suburb with people who have time to go to the gym, no one looks my way.
>>
No, this picture is incorrect. The man had to have spoken to the damn bartender. He probably also wonders why women won't talk to him, but he keeps hitting on women who can get any man they want instead of women who want him, and just genuinely considers them not to exist. And he's lonely as fuck, but he's not looking to put forth effort into being into a relatiomship, because BAWWWW that takes work!
>>
>>16462269
I'm a girl, not fat but ugly. I talk to people at college but just for school related stuff. No friends at all. No men ever hit on me (not even the ugly ones). Obviously no bf. It depends, I guess is true for average or cute girls.
>>
>>16462889
>>16462921
>>16462961

>le "women can be lonely" meme
>>
>>16462269
>I havent spoken to another person for two weeks

Oh god that would be fantastic.
>>
>>16463019

>ugh all these guys keep talking to me, I wish I was a KV shutin
>>
My life right there except for two try two to three months
>>
File: 1424826690811.png (202KB, 417x356px) Image search: [Google]
1424826690811.png
202KB, 417x356px
>>16462269
my friend came over last night. She was the first real conversation I'd had outside of acquiantances in class or my parents on the phone in 2 weeks. my friends have been shirking my requests to hang out, and she did the same until I passive aggressively let her know I wasn't content. I mean, she said "I thought you would text me when you're ready"

You would think she would say something when it was like 10 or 11, and at 12 I texted her and she said she was getting food. I hate guilting people into being with me, I really do.

Anyways, being so starved for human contact makes you say things you wish you didn't, act ways you wish you didn't. I spilled some secrets about her bf I shouldn't have because I was mad at him and how he approaches their relationship. I cried in front of her as I told her I was lonelier than I'd ever been.

I probably won't see her for another 3 weeks and she'll probably get into a fight with her bf and mention me, and he'll hate me now, which is a shame since I consider him one of my friends.

Loneliness fucking sucks, anon.
>>
wow, ok, nice job generalizing gender
>>
>>16463253

Ikr? This post is suuuper problematic
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.