[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My son is emulating the rappers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4

File: 1441280670053.jpg (54KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1441280670053.jpg
54KB, 604x453px
I am father to 3 great kids in a quiet suburban neighborhood in Washington state. My youngest son is now 12 years old and raising him has been nothing short of a delight so far. He has always been a very kind and thoughtful child, and we have the least trouble communicating with him and disciplining him when he occasionally slips up. As far as I know, he loves his mother and me very much.

Recently he's taken an interest in hip hop, which I've supported even though sometimes the content of the music makes me nervous. For the first few months, I tolerated his new taste in music and we even listened to a few albums together. He explained some of the misogynistic and violent content to me as a real reflection of life in low income black neighborhoods, and I understood that he gets value out of the music without necessarily emulating it.

However, very recently he's apparently started to emulate it. The first problem we had with him was his apparent willingness to use the "n-word" to address me and his siblings. I made it clear to him that it was unacceptable and he stopped.

Last week, apparently a switch flipped in his brain. He will not stop shouting incredibly rude phrases, some of which I never even knew existed. Some of them are extremely vulgar. When I asked him about these new phrases, he said "It's ATL rap dad". He is grounded but he will not stop and he's started to sneak out of the house. I saw him one night very dazed, and I am worried he is getting high on marijuana.

When I try to talk to him about what's going on, he responds with "Fuck n---a wanna talk it out, fuck n---a I ain't talking out". He also randomly intersperses the exclamations, "chee" and "skirr" into his speech, as well as using the n-word constantly. He once referred to and mother as "junkyard ho lookin for a comeup by makin you cum up". His wardrobe has completely changed. He is playing video games in his room right now, and when I asked him to do with schoolwork, he apparently ignored me.
>>
I dunno, man..
Gift him a good rap album? So he at least doesn't listen to degenerate nigger shit?
Something like J Cole Forest Hills Drive or Big Krit Cadillactica?
>>
tell him if he doesnt stop you're putting him on a curfew and taking away his privileges.
OR, introduce him to rap thats not garbage, misogynistic crap
>>
I came back later and sternly told him to do his homework, to which he responded, "Still in that place, and I'm flexin!" I looked that up and apparently it's from the song "U Guessed It" by OG Maco.

I want to support my son's interest, and I understand that exposing him to minority culture is critical for him to grow up to be tolerant and appreciative of cultural diversity. This is especially relevant given the Yale controversy that's been discussed in the news lately. I don't want him to grow up with an exclusionary mindset, but I can't stand how this rap music is making him act.

How do I get my son back without creating resentment or accidentally teaching him that I think african american culture is bad?
>>
>>16462248
This plus

He's 12, man. Relax a little, he's going to stray from you and the values that have constituted his home life a little bit for the next 5-7 years, and this is him starting that off strong, if not a little...brashly. Just respect his newfound ideals because as with this kind of stuff, he's searching for an identity change through which he can acquiesce his life up till now and his future, give him a good amount of space and be firm about the more immediate dangers of his attitude like hanging with the wrong kids, and stuff like that. Reply back, give more details
>>
>>16462261
>respect his newfound ideals
>be firm about immediate dangers

From what I understand about these "ATL" rappers, they frequently advocate gang activity, drug use, murder, pimping out women as prostitutes, and derogate an approach to life that values education and kindness.

What other details would you like to hear about?
>>
File: 804012227.jpg (124KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
804012227.jpg
124KB, 1280x853px
Beat him over the head with good rap that has a message that isn't such garbage, yet still comes from the hood.
Explain to him how these people created music despite their situation, and explain life in their situation and everyone elses, and how those who just spout that nigger-shit are just putting on a show to make money and that is not true to reality.
If he doesn't believe you, take him to a real ghetto where there isn't people screaming nigger to one another, but rather cold and fucking poor doing nothing or very basic community-based activities.

As a bonus, you can just be honest and tell him that they're acting like fucking fools and are just doing it because it makes them money so they can do drugs, and how that's only how scum acts and imitates, and then add in a rapper's story about the real side of his life, and how he fucking hated every miserable moment and he's (or was) a drug addict and was all fucked up because he fell into the rap-trap and couldn't escape, so he had to just spit some rimes and hope it all turned out alright.

Or you could pull the kike card and flip your switch and turn off the houses power, stop buying him anything at all, and tell him if he wants to live and glorify his nigger lifestyle, he should actually live it.
Boys are the worst.
>>
>>16462240
I think it's a phase for now. I hope his friends are kinda normal and tell him how shitty he behaves.
Anyways:
>If you have black friends invite him over. If they talk to him and tell him that its rude, he might stop
>Also get him good rap albums. Slowly get him into some of that 90s stuff or the socio-critical stuff floating around
>cut off his use of social media if any
>>
>>16462333
Okay, thank you. I will invite one of my black friends from graduate school over for dinner.

His friends are all straight A students from loving families but I'm not sure how they're taking his transformation. His best friend has stopped visiting our house in the last week. Maybe I should ask him about that.
>>
>>16462240
Literally everybody responded to this copypasta seriously.

Good job OP you're a fucking faggot.
>>
File: 1440617727942.jpg (257KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1440617727942.jpg
257KB, 1920x1200px
>>16462290
For "good rap" I'd recommend looking to England.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Globalfaction/videos
That's a good channel for it, for videos that would aide you specifically that mention some of the disgusting aspects of modern nigger-music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kluo6DPQrfQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUyp8PrU4Kc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjvUMr1-AAU

The problem is those don't sound like what he is looking for.
So I'd, although not as good, Hopsin would likely transition him away from his current garbage. He at least isn't all miserable miserable garbage, plus he looks really black and exactly like the shit he listens to now. He's also "popular."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRVOOwFNp5U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiNNBc557OQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDJmmKER9tE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MitZ-C0tgQ (One of the preferred, puts the rapper on his side, then destroys the culture/society that nigger-culture is held in)

And YES I know these aren't ideal, especially depending on why you dislike African-American culture, although it's certainly better than where he is going now.
If the above didn't work, in the last post, call him out for listening to garbage and give him one of the above.

Another good option is to introduce him to music like Immortal technique, that speaks more of the truth about poor-living and being black, although it again has some problematic things for most people.
>>
>>16462378
Thank you for your specific recommendations. If it helps you understand his taste, his most played artists on iTunes are:

Young Thug (I know, almost too literal)
Rich Homie Quan
OG Maco
Future
Waka Flocka Flame
Gucci Mane
Rae Sremmurd
Meek Mill

I will try recommending Hopsin and Logic and see if he likes them. I definitely feel like it is preferable to win him over and redirect his attitude rather than come into direct conflict with him about rap in general.
>>
>>16462240
I don't understand the trouble here. You can't think for your kid; you can only show him how you think and hopefully how you think is better. But you can't force him.

SO you draw boundaries. IF he wants to call his friends nigga, OK. If he wants to call you nigga, not OK. Then you enforce it.

Issue?
>>
File: 1446851405488.jpg (18KB, 284x384px) Image search: [Google]
1446851405488.jpg
18KB, 284x384px
>people still responding to this bait thread seriously
>>
Believe me, inner city culture is really really bad. Almost all it's constituents are delusional morons who think that just because they have suffered, they must make others suffer, or are entitled to be angry and hostile or to be degenerate and still get free stuff. They get nowhere and accomplish nothing. They could easily get out of that. All they have to do, is be friendly to everyone, and take responsibly for what happens in their lives, because most of life is how you react to it, not what happens to you.

This kid needs to learn that despite his boisterous attitude and perceived superiority to others, he will get no where by being hostile to everyone around him. True potency comes only in numbers which you can only get by being friendly to everyone around you, and this means not looking like someone or people who are known to be hostile to others.

Take his computer, smart phone, car keys, cd's, and any related clothing or other articles. Get rid of anything he doesn't need to do well in school (the school should have computers and a basic cell phone will be sufficient for communication). If he just gets worse, kick him out of the house, but always, always, make sure you say why you're doing this, because you love him, and don't want him to hurt himself or others. He needs to choose between working within the system toward a much greater success, or rebelling against it which will only result in pain.
>>
>>16462444
Listen to this poster OP.

If you don't eliminate all of the 'african culture' out of his life immediately it will consume him and leave you left without a son, just because you made the fatal mistake of wanting to support his 'newfound identity'.

It is such a bad decision to attempt to be 'understanding' about his situation and you will pay dearly for it if you continue on and enable him by not putting your foot down as the father and the man of the house.

He is at a young and very vulnerable age and the best thing you could do for him is to swiftly and without hesitation set him back on the right track. He will not understand now but will thank you for it when he is older.

Don't stand for it OP. Don't dig his own grave.
>>
>>16462257
>exposing him to minority culture is critical for him to grow up to be tolerant and appreciative of cultural diversity.
This, folks, is how you recognize bait
>>
What county? Depending on the answer I could get some groids to scare him white again
>>
Find youtube videos of other children acting like this, and force him to watch them.

Failing this, film him and upload it to facebook, so everyone he knows can see him do so.

No teacher like embarassment
>>
Send him to military school.
>>
>>16462240
Every time he uses that horrid language you tan his fucking hide with your belt

You want to raise a nigger?

If not you have to beat it out of him

It is a very attractive hedonistic culture OP

You must make it unattractive
>>
Haha, your boy listens to OG Maco. Good choice.

Just let him go through his phase. Don't try to control him, but guide him. If you try to force a lifestyle on him he's only going to resent you.

Hell, I'm black and I had a emo phase. Everytime I look back I cringe.
>>
>>16462240

Get him to listen to good rap and hip-hop. If you wanna know good choices, start visiting >>>/mu/
>>
>>16462273
well it's like the post I cited said, introduce him to rap that talks about real political issues, corruption, not killin for the sake of living in apoor neighborhood
>>
>>16462773
>real political issues
>rap music

You're the type of person who describes bands like rage against the machine as 'political'. You are a fucking joke.
>>
>>16462240
>asking for parenting advice on a chinese cartoons board
Be more subtle next time, troll-san.
>>
>>16462240
Drop him in an inner city neighborhood and make him take the bus home.
Act exactly like him so he equates those words/phrases with you.
Record him and play it on every screen you can in the house so he can watch himself acting like a retard.
On tha flip side, start playing youtube videos of other special needs white kids acting just like him so he can see how stupid it is.

Shame him. Shame him hard.
>>
>>16462240
Let him know, obviously in a kinder way than this, that being a white kid unironically calling his friends and family "nigga" makes him a complete faggot and that no one, black or white (especially not black) will take him seriously with that shit. Seriously, there is nothing more pathetic than a white guy acting black, and this is coming from a huge hip hop head, who just so happens to be white.
>>
>>16462855
Avidly listening to hip hop when you're white is acting black.
>>
>>16462911
Nope. You're just insecure about your skin color, bro. Are you saying a black guy who listens to rock is "acting white?" Are you acting black if you watch The Fresh Prince of Bel Air? No, it's all just media that's put out there for people to enjoy. It's faggots like you that overcomplicate it and turn it into another fucking race thing.
>>
FUCK OFF
YOUNG NIGGA STRAIGHT FLEXIN IN THE MALL
STILL SHININ AS I FLASH THE AUDEMARS
WHET HER JAY JAY WITH THE FOREIGN AND THE SWAHG (boola boola)

(Chorus)
I'M RICH
BITCH THAT'S THE MESSAGE OF THIS SONG

PICK UP THE CHICKENHEADS AT ROADEO
MY NIGGA SURELY RODE HER I
SUSPECT SHE'S GOT A PIMP AND HER IN HER FUCKIN EYE (Sweggan)

NIGGAS ACTIN' CREY WHEN I HOP IN THE SPAHT (bentleys)
>>
>>16462911

Not really, if you're not being a sperg about it and trying to act/speak/dress like the musicians you listen to, I don't really see the issue. It's like the most popular type of music in America now, all of us "avidly listen to hip-hop" whether you like it or not
>>
you know how trashy white girls fuck black guys to piss over their overbearing controlling dads? your son is doing literally the same thing

you sound like a massive fucking faggot so he's trying to purge himself of your faggot taint by overcompensating for it, while getting under your skin at the same time.
>>
>>16462942
Agreed.
>>
>>16462942
You call me insecure about my skin colour (which is complete shite by the way. Race is not simply 'skin colour') because you're insecure about the fact that you're white and actively listen to hip hop.

That's the bottom line and I feel sorry for guys like you who are so weak and confused to the point where they dismiss reality as being 'overcomplicated', the frustration of which becomes apparent in your prescription of me as a 'faggot', a testament to your own latent, suppressed homosexuality.

>>16462950
It's not the most popular type of music in America by far. Maybe amongst younger people of a low socioeconomic bracket. Otherwise, no. I wouldn't trust any data on that either way, too, due to any number of confounding variables dealing with sample sizes and silent evidence.

It's one thing to enjoy a type of music on a casual basis, but to be a 'hip hop head' and be white at the same time strikes me as almost pathologically confused about one's personal identity.

You can call me racist or ignorant or whatever the fuck but really at the end of the day you're just mentally ill.
>>
>>16463039
>comes to 4chan
>gets butthurt when called a faggot

You really are a faggot.
>>
>>16463048
Noting out that you calling me a faggot was directly linked to the suppression of your own homosexuality isn't 'getting butthurt'.

You lose.
>>
Drop his ass unexpectedly to some ghetto neighborhood at 10pm on a Saturday with a train/bus ticket to get home and see if he still loves the ghetto lifestyle
>>
>>16462531
Yeah, he actually had me on the OP. I was all ready to make an actual wall o' text post! It was mostly the ATL thing, since I live near Atlanta. Buddy allegedly (wasn't there but I trust the motherfucker with my life) bought some dope from Gucci Mane once.

Maybe I'm overly-insulating my fragile, optimistic world-view, but I can't imagine that someone would come on here and post that seriously.
>>
>>16463039
>It's one thing to enjoy a type of music on a casual basis, but to be a 'hip hop head' and be white at the same time strikes me as almost pathologically confused about one's personal identity.

Lol'd at "hip-hop head"

I understand the sort of folks you're talking about. I've been around plenty of them and the majority were rather unsavory, unpleasant people. A few were surprisingly cool.

But surely white people can be passionate about spoken-word type music without subscribing to inner-city/street/thug/black/nigger culture, right?

You can do a lot of very neat things creatively with the spoken word!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UdNs2LK7e4
>>
Get him interested in Viking Metal. Metal head is better than wigger.
>>
MF doom and death grips should help him become white again. I'm serious.
>>
>>16462240
>He will not stop shouting incredibly rude phrases, some of which I never even knew existed. Some of them are extremely vulgar.

we really need examples, for science.
>>
Honestly if my son starts acting like an embarrassing little faggot I'll try to avoid him as much as possible.

I'm doing everything in my power now while he's young to avoid that though.

Sadly his mom listens this factory made garbage they call music on the radio.

I think he'll be able to turn out alright though.
>>
>>16462366
lmao this
>>
>>16463867
Spoken word poetry isn't hip hop. Hip hop didn't even directly originate from it.

Love that album though.
>bird of prey, bird of prey
>flying high
>>
>>16464310
Don't avoid him. Kick his ass.

If you love him you'll beat the shit out of him.
>>
>>16462240
Buy him some Jake Miller and Logic and thank me later.
>>
>>16464442
Don't listen to this faggot.
>>
>>16462240
Your son acts like this because you are a pussy. You're a fucking pussy. Your son does not have a father figure to look up to.
You're a little baby who has problems with your family member saying the nigger-word. You're so much of a pussy you can't even type the nigger-word online.
How do you expect your son to respect you? He's turning to rap because he sees those men as real men. He's looking at men who don't give a shit. They do whatever they want and they aren't afraid of stupid shit like saying the nigger-word.
You're a loser. You're a failure of a father. You're a kek.
While you're dealing with your son who doesn't respect you, look around you. I can bet your wife is cheating on you.
>>
>>16464454
No that I don't agree that OP (provided this isn't a bait or shill thread, which it most certainly is) isn't a bit of a vagina in the sense that he has this inability to lay down the law with his child, but it's ironic that the society in which OP grew up in told him that acting the way he's acting, being the way he's being, is an upstanding way to be.

Must be torture for the fucker to have people call him a failure like you're doing when he was just trying his best to act like what everyone else and society in general implied was good and right.

I agree that OP is a bit removed from being a real man, but rappers are farther from it that he is. Real men aren't nigh mentally retarded human animals.

By the way, there's literally no merit in being or becoming a rapper or even hip hop artist. You're not 'fighting your way to the top', you get lucky because someone higher up came across you and had one feeling like he could exploit you for a notable profit. That's it. That's all it is. The rest is just a profitable fiction.
>>
OP here.

First of all I want to thank all of you for your incredibly thoughtful advice. I truly appreciate you taking the time to write it out.

Unfortunately I think some of you are right and grounding him is not working. I need to make more of a focused effort to get him to stop as soon as possible.

Today we went to the grocery store as a family, which is what we usually do every Sunday after church gets out. I usually allow the kids a little treat, maybe a special chocolate bar or a particular ingredient they want to eat for dinner. Maybe this was a lapse in judgement in my part, but I told my youngest son he could pick something out. As we were waiting in line to check out, he came back holding a large amount of pasta in both arms, dumped it all into our cart, and loudly proclaimed, "EXPENSIVE PASTAAAA". I looked at the pasta and it cost $10 per package. I told him that we aren't eating this much pasta and he needs to put at least 8 packages back on the shelf. He responded with, "NIGGA I'LL HIT YOU RIGHT IN THE PEE PEE, I DON'T PLAY" so I lost my temper and grabbed his arm and told him in a low whisper that he's going to do exactly one thing and that's put all of the pasta back and go back to the car and wait for us to check out.

I'm starting to become anxious about having my black friend over and I think I need to seriously put my foot down with this kid. I have never had to get aggressive with my children like I did with him in the grocery store, but maybe this is what's required. I'm going to tell him that if he screws up this dinner with our black family friends, his computer is going to be gone, and I'm taking every "fun" book he owns and replacing them with dry literature, for two weeks. Every time he says the n-word to a family member it will be renewed for 2 weeks. I hate to take away the stuff he likes to do but I can't stand the thought of him eventually leaving for boarding school only to call his dorm master "n-gga" and get kicked out.
>>
>>16464879
What a faggot.
>>
>>16462257
you blew it with this post you fucking idiot
>>
>>16462366
U GUESSED IT
>>
Tell im that ye aint jokin round lil m8. That if be keep boondogglin around like that ye gon av to slip and slap eem across scotland
>>
>>16462240
i cant tell if youre trolling or not, but if not, show him some actually decent hip hop

show him RJD2 - deadringer

thats what turned me away from the dumb hip hop when i was about that age (probably a few years older)
>>
>>16462240
I seriously think you need to beat him and break all of his stuff OP
>>
>>16462240
OP, are you a kekold or something. Liberian father, married, 2 girls, 3 boys, nice Asian wife, low-income, live in inner city, two-income household. How the heck you put your kids on to that music?

I live in a low-income area and all that crap is banned in my household. I don't rule my house with an iron sceptre, but as a man, my duty is to the guardian of all those under my roof from all threats physical and mental. You could have at least put the kid on to some rap from the golden era of Hip Hop back to the genesis.

You raising a wigger, my man. Now he goes to crappy government school with his pill popping friends with money? This kid ain't never moving out unless it's to the grave plot due to an overdose of cooler drugs. Man up.
>>
>>16466119
>from Liberia
>presumably resides in the U.S.
Irony.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.