[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking for a specific breed of dog and I found 2 people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 234566432.png (146KB, 388x249px) Image search: [Google]
234566432.png
146KB, 388x249px
I'm looking for a specific breed of dog and I found 2 people willing to sell it to me. I trust one, but I found another ad on craigslist offering puppies for less than their usual price. One breeder is selling for 600 and the craigslist one is selling it for $150.

I've gotten in contact with both of them, and I don't know who to pick from. Craigslist seems too good to be true despite their ad saying "to good homes only". Would it be weird to ask them why its so cheap?

I haven't seen pics from the craigslist one but I'm planning on requesting pictures when I call them and asking about vaccinations.
>>
They don't have documentation for $150. Guarantee that.

No documentation = your dog is going to have major health problems for poor breeding practices. That's the danger with directed breeding. If even one or two bad animals get into the line, they match up recessive alleles and all of a sudden there's garbage genes running down the family tree.
>>
Why do you need a specific breed of dog?
>>
>>16455955 dont get kekd

Just get The $600 or only get the craigslist one after u see the dog on person and ask to a professional if it is indeed the breed you're looking for. But I would just get the $600 one.. At least you already know for sure it is the one you want
>>
The puppies may not be purebred or may be bred from unhealthy puppy farm stock or untested for disorders like hip dysplasia, but the same could also be true of the $600 puppies as that's also pretty cheap for a purebred puppy. What breed is it?
>>
>>16455987
Blue Heeler
>>
dont give some byb your money holy shit
>>
A $450 difference in price now is absolute peanuts compared to vet, food, and boarding costs over the life of a dog. Get the one that's more likely to be resposibly bred and have a better quality of life.
>>
>>16455989

That could be OK. I was asking because although /an/ gets very shrill about any puppy under $3000 being a genetic trainwreck whose legs will drop off before it's a year old, sometimes you can get farms and the like selling their puppies quite cheaply because they're not pedigree or showdogs, but they can be the offspring of perfectly healthy working dogs and so they're not comparable to some backyard breeder churning out $150 Pugapoo puppies. I believe blue heelers are usually quite healthy dogs which is a big plus.

Ultimately, it's up to you and buying a dog is always a gamble. I'd want to see the parents and check that they're healthy-looking and well-socialized, that the puppies are outgoing and a good weighr and have bright eyes and seem comfortable around people, that they've had any age-appropriate vaccinations, etc. If either breeder is rehoming the puppies before eight weeks (and ideally, they should be keeping them until 10-12 weeks), that's a big red flag too.
>>
>>16456008

Having said that, out of the two I'd still be inclined to look more at the $600 puppies. It's not a guarantee they've put the money into the dogs, but raising healthy puppies is quite expensive and $150 really is very little and I would be concerned the puppies aren't vaccinated and the mother hasn't been well cared for during pregnancy.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-12-13-56-24-1.png (173KB, 1080x995px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-12-13-56-24-1.png
173KB, 1080x995px
>>16456027
The area appears to be like a ranch so I'm assuming they used dogs like these for herding and care about them. Lets say I don't want to jump to conclusions and reject them. What should I ask them over the phone?

Don't get me wrong though, I am most likely gonna go for the $600.
>>
>>16455989
Good choice not picking a meme dog
>>
Why give backyard breeders more money to continue their shady breeding setups when you could adopt a free dog at a shelter who doesn't have a home?

It's a win - win bro. I rescued my dog when he was a puppy and now I'll never think twice about going to a shelter if I want another animal.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.