[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to inherit a house worth about $100k from my grandma

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: hwaet.jpg (596KB, 1280x1105px) Image search: [Google]
hwaet.jpg
596KB, 1280x1105px
I'm going to inherit a house worth about $100k from my grandma when she dies and I'm a schizophrenic NEET.

What do with the house

pic unrelated
>>
Do you have any pictures of it? Are you living there now? Does it need work? How many bed and baths is it?
>>
Do something with your life and try treat yourself.
>>
>>16453452

Well do you get SSI for being schizo or something? Obviously if you don't have the income to keep the house up, you'll need to sell it right away before it bankrupts you. When you sell it you should invest it so you have some more income for the rest of your life. If you can afford to keep the house keeping in mind all the monthly expenses of house insurance, utilities, yearly taxes and repairs then I suppose you can live in it if you want. But if you're mentally ill it is likely best to liquidate any asset like that, invest, and live off interest from your investments or use them to supplement what you have. A schizophrenic may not be up to the challenges of home ownership.
>>
>>16453452
Rent it
>>
Fix it up and sell it. Then throw that money into investments/savings. There's really no point in holding onto a cheap place like that unless you're gonna rent it out.
>>
I'm schizophrenic too. Why do so many people with schizophrenia enjoy/draw this fucked up art? It's weird as fuck and ugly.
>>
>>16453465

>>16453465

I was thinking about selling it and buying land elsewhere. I have to move out into the country, can't make it with people around. I feel like they are "jamming" my thoughts so to say.

No SSI(just looked it up) or anything like that where I live.

>>16453471

It's a well maintained house, just small.

>>16453475

I thought it was hilarious.
>>
Rent it out, there a companies that will do the middle man shit for a cut of the rent. All you have to do is sit back and take in the income. Alternatively you could find tenants yourself ,but you probably wouldn't be able to keep up with maintenance.
>>
>>16453491

Yeah, sell and then do what you can to try to provide for yourself the longest possible. When people have debilitating issues like you do that should be the priority. You don't know when you will ever get another payday like this so you don't want to do anything rash with it. You want to think and plan it out as best you can. For example don't sell it and just buy some bit of country land and hope for the best and end up not able to pay the expenses on that place.
>>
>>16453452
Sell it and have a drug and sex fueled weekend in Vegas
>>
>>16453491
>I feel like they are "jamming" my thoughts so to say.

This is a delusion. It's typical of schizophrenia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thought_withdrawal
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thought_insertion

>No SSI(just looked it up) or anything like that where I live.

Where do you live? Contact your hospital/psychiatrist and ask them how to get disability revenue. Also, if you end up homeless, try to get admitted to a mental hospital. When in there, ask them to do all the steps to get disability revenue.
>>
>>16453512
You're right. I will look into investing it but I kinda don't trust the help I would get. I want to isolate myself as soon as possible.

>>16453519
I don't think people are inserting or taking thoughts from my head, just that my thoughts disappear when there are people around. Very embarrassing when I just blank out when trying to make a coherent sentence.
>>
Sell it. Property taxes and ongoing maintenance make home ownership a chore.
>>
>>16453452
thats a rad fucking picture
>>
File: 1446743183372.jpg (35KB, 481x637px) Image search: [Google]
1446743183372.jpg
35KB, 481x637px
>>16453452
>>
>>16453546

Well, no offense intended at all but considering you're mentally ill, any help or advice at all would be better than none. Perhaps you could inquire at a local hospital to find out what kind of help managing your life you could get from a non-profit resource and maybe they could put you in contact with trustworthy people?
>>
>>16453519
>This is a delusion.
wow no kidding
schizophrenics never open up because of shit like this. they've been told this a million times before. its nothing new.
>>
>>16453589

You'd be surprised, I meant "financial" trust. My uncle went bankrupt because his accountant fucked him over for years under his nose then someone else he embezzled from killed the accountant and then himself so my uncle couldn't sue him and what not.

There really isn't any non-profit or anything like that here, I'm in a small tourist town and going to a city would be hell for me. I went to a military psychiatrist a few years ago and he told me to man up.
>>
Have a party with yourself and yourself
>>
>>16453629

Goddamn, maybe you should try to move to like rural America or something? Somewhere with no people but with help for mentally ill people. Perhaps since you're not really doing anything else you could research what investments to make yourself.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.