[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is 24 years too late to make yourself part of a new social circle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 1443464287281.jpg (93KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
1443464287281.jpg
93KB, 800x530px
Is 24 years too late to make yourself part of a new social circle?
How do people do it?
>>
Look mom I posted it again!
>>
File: 1441141548134.jpg (30KB, 500x398px) Image search: [Google]
1441141548134.jpg
30KB, 500x398px
>>16452434
>>
>>16452426

nope. happens all the time. 24 is a pretty typical time to leave college for instance (between 22 and 25 is average depending on all the variables) and people are constantly moving places and starting careers and such.

getting into a new circle becomes harder to do, as does making friends, but both are possibly especially the latter.

as to how, its completely unique to each person.

a lot of people become friends with who they work with. others have chance encounters. others attend events relevant to their interests and meet people there.

it depends what you like to do. if you can make one friend, you can often join their circle.

for me it was
>have no friends
>start a web series
>hire an actor
>hes pretty cool and doesnt afraid of anything
>invites me to play board games with him
>i meet his friends
>the circle is now complete.

other people might go to a magic the gathering tournament at a comic book store, and make friends there. others might go to a super smash bros tournament. others may go to a bar and just chat up other people drinking alone. others get a new roommate.

if you are desperate for a situation go to meet up dot com and go to a bunch of random events that you have somewhat interest in. or go to /soc/ or /b/ meet up threads and look for people in your area code. i made friends with a guy that way til he asked me to read his script.
>>
>>16452426
Wow if only there were other 24 year Olds that also wanted to make friends! What a fucking concept! You're a blithering idiot. I'm in social circles with 19 year olds through 40 year olds. It doesn't fucking matter. Your character and personality are what matters.
>>
File: 1444937076410.jpg (36KB, 528x413px) Image search: [Google]
1444937076410.jpg
36KB, 528x413px
>>16452434
>>16452445
Thanks for the bump /dbt/ bro. It hasn't been posted in /dbt/ for some time though. I can't remember how the convo went, otherwise I would've helped you.

>>16452446
Thank you for the effort of writing this. This is exactly what I wanted to hear, how other people did it.

>>16452451
I don't want to sound like an aspie, but can you explain how did you do it? I yearn to leave my room but I don't know how to begin, where to go, what to do...
>>
>>16452426
There's no age limit to make friendships.
>>
You're going to be meeting new people all your life, and you can make friends as long as you even halfway reach out. There's support and social groups especially for people on the autistic spectrum, too.
>>
>>16452426
Fuck im gonna be 24 soon..what the actual fuck..i dont feel this old at all...wtf...no really wtf..can i take a potion so that i get younger again or can i go back in time and actually do stuff differently in like 80% of the cases?
>>
File: 1445040653604.jpg (45KB, 291x280px) Image search: [Google]
1445040653604.jpg
45KB, 291x280px
>>16452426
>>16452434
>>16452445

Jesus fucking christ I can't even escape it on other boards
>>
Personally i've found it very difficult to get into a new group of friends because i have anxiety

I've got the problem of not really fitting into a particular group, i float about here and there with different people but i'm pretty much a lone wolf who tends to only get invited to stuff as an after thought which makes me feel unwanted

I have met a group of new guys at uni who i've gone out with and stuff, and was hoping i'd eventually 'get into' their group but it just feels like you're intruding on them, because you've got to go out of your way and make yourself known,

unless there's one really friendly guy who can see what situation you're in and wants to help you out and take you under his wing, most people really don't seem to put the effort into including you, as they don't see the point as they've already got their established set of friends
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.