[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cheap way to learn fighting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: surf-wallpaper-big.jpg (125KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
surf-wallpaper-big.jpg
125KB, 640x960px
Im a uni student that occasionally gets involved in situations where knowing how to fight could really help out. The problem is, I dont have the spare money to hit any training places (I love off of 30eu a week, the cheapest I could find is 30/month which I can't afford) I consider myself physically fit, so I don't really need that training. So questions are:
1.Any way to learn fighting without training clubs?
2.I have a boxing bag back home. Would exercising with it by myself be of any use?
>>
What uni do you go to where fucking grown "adults" fight like little babies? How old are you even OP? When you hit a certain age you realize fighting other adults is stupid.

Either way invest in some weights and start lifting, keep fit and grow your muscle. As for fighting find a friend that you can spar with, i grew up fighting my brother every single day, we would practice as often as possible and can now kick ass with all we learnt together.
If you are on your own then watch video's online, there are plenty of free ones out there, practice the moves on the air seeing as you have no buddy.

Also actual real fights are not about special moves or knowing kung-fu its all about ending it as safely and swiftly as possible, the balls are always the best place to start, fighting is already dirty, anyone that claims you was fighting dirty is a fucking idiot and deserves to honorably get his ass kicked whilst he apologizes for any damage he may inflict on the attacker.
>>
>>16451422
20, I always thought at this stage nothing physical ever happens. Turns out living in a shithole third world country that that's not the case. Clubs are full of people trying to pick fights. Weekend nights at the dormitory are the same. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>16451437
What country? I've been to two different universities in Europe and everyone was pretty chill.

It's good to know how to fight and defend yourself, but if you need it on a regular basis at the age of 20 then you've fucked up in life somewhere, unless you really do mean third world as in fucking Africa
>>
>>16451439
Not regular basis, I never implied that. Learning to properly defend myself is exactly what I meant. Eastern Europe.
>>
>>16451439
He probably means slav/balkan countries.
>>
>>16451403
your uni should heve some sports programmes, we have bujinkan, tkd, judo aikido, boxing, kickboxing, karate...

if theres nothing for you check other nearby unis, usually theres some partner programme among nearby unis. all free of charge.
>>
>>16451451
else, get a fucking job, 3h of work will pay for your 30 eur a month.
>>
>>16451403
unless you actually train sparring, it's a complete waste of time.
we all know that kid who does krav maga or some other stuff and says "attack me like this" to demonstrate some elaborate trick that doesn't work in real life.
There are plenty of people selling courses and whatnot with nice tricks that are supposed to enable you to bring down a much bigger opponent, it's all shite.

You have to get comfortable with having your blocking skills prevent you from getting hit in the face. This takes time and practice, some people are naturally more comfortable with this than others. I personally have been doing muay thay for 2 years, have my kicks and punches down but are just barely starting to gain controll over sparring, like occasionally just freeze up and turn away and such, which is a perfect way to expose your vulnerables. and even sparring is not to be compared with a real fight.

try muay thai or boxing or something, preferably simple and with lots of sparring.
i don't know why it's that expensive around you but 30 euro per month seems more logical and that's including gym membership.

so to be perfectly honest
>1.Any way to learn fighting without training clubs?
nope, you need sparring, maybe you can try starting your own fightclub....
>2.I have a boxing bag back home. Would exercising with it by myself be of any use?
hardly, if at all. if you learn proper techniques it may be a usefull tool in packing harder punches, but entirely useless if you lack technique and fighting mentality.
>>
>>16451403
Just pick an art that compliments your body type and approach to combat and stick with it. Do not give it up.
>>
>>16451465
i'd like to ad to this:
by far the most effective defence technique that can be learned without a club (though finding some fellow practitioners can help) is the french martial art called parkour
>not even joking, it is by far the most effective.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.