[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was I wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 1430788507474.jpg (18KB, 228x320px) Image search: [Google]
1430788507474.jpg
18KB, 228x320px
I asked a girl out on Sunday for today at 4:00. She said yes.
Then today

>3:00 pm "Im gonna be late"
I ask how how late?
>"10-15 minutes"
That's fine
>arrive at 4:07
>4:18 rolls around
>"im so sorry im never usually late like this!! I'll see you soon!"
>4:34 rolls around
>get up and leave
>think I see her pull up as I'm pulling out of the parking lot

I was super pissed as I was already going to be expected to foot the bill as the guy asking the girl out, I figured the least she could do is show up on time or at least within the time frame that she gave me after the fact. I feel kind of bad about it but I wanted others opinions on if I fucked up or not
>>
>>16450900
did she say anything after?
>>
>>16450913

Nope. I said something to the effect of "hey I didnt think it would take so long for us to meet up, maybe we can hang out later this week." Never got a response
>>
>>16450900

I'm a dude and I think people like you are a total pain in the ass and blow shit way out of proportion. It was a date, not business. Take that stick out of your ass.
>>
I think getting mad about waiting 20 minutes longer than she said she'd be is a bit of an overreaction. You don't even know why she was late, it might have been a legitimate reason and you got unnecessarily mad. No wonder she hasn't replied, you basically stood her up
>>
I would have done the same thing. I would think a girl interested would be more eager to arrive, her being late just tells me that I was just a chore to check off on a list.

Next time have her meet you at YOUR house.
>>
>>16450943
a girl would have left in that same scenario
>>
I probably would of waited because you never know but I'll admit issues coming up at the last minute isn't a good sign.
>>
>>16450987
I am a girl, and I wouldn't. Maybe if he hadn't told me he was going to be late, then yeah, but usually people don't know exactly how long they're going to be when they're late and only give a rough estimate, I'm not going to get shitty over 20 minutes.
>>
>>16451011

It was 30 minutes, going closer to 40. 25 minutes if you want to take out the "15 late". The thing is if you aren't retarded you do the exact opposite. If I'm late I do my best to tell all involved parties exactly what is going on and when I will be free or there. I respect other people enough to realize that me dicking around for 30 minutes past the time we agreed to hang out on is a dick move.
>>
File: 1392747143920.jpg (50KB, 805x674px) Image search: [Google]
1392747143920.jpg
50KB, 805x674px
>>16450900

I can't decide if you've overreacted or not. Personally I would of waited a little bit longer because I can think of a few times where I've been 30+ minutes late completely on accident (traffic, fucked up clock, random work bullshit). If you have a thing about punctuation than I guess it really doesn't matter what her excuse was. It irritated you, it can't ever NOT irritate you I suppose.

It is what it is. Meh.
>>
>>16451021
Given that she told him she'd be 15ish minutes late, I wouldn't consider that in the time he had to wait. 34 minutes past the hour is just under 20 minutes after that, so he wasn't waiting 25, let alone 40 minutes.

And honestly, if I were in his position, I'd probably text or call at about 10 minutes after that, just to see how much longer she was going to be. I wouldn't just up and leave without warning. Yeah, it wasn't great of her to be late, but a) we don't know why she was late, and b) she did tell him she'd be late.
>>
I guess you're really one of those people who gets super pressed about punctuality. Me personally, I'm incapable of being on time for anything. I'm always at least 5 or 10 minutes late, and that's when I'm being early.

If it bothers you that much then find someone else.
>>
it's not your fault in any way, but if you were looking for the ideal route to have taken in this situation- you should have called her again after 20 and 30 min had passed to stay updated on her arrival time. Perhaps she had an emergency or an unforeseen obsticle?
Still, she shouldn't have been so late without alerting you- whenever I'm running late, I realize that it's my responsibility to updat the person who I'm supposed to be meeting with
>>
>>16451027
I interpret 10-15 minutes late as 15 being the max and 10 being the minimum. Not 15 being the minimum and 25-30 being the maximum. Should he have sat down for 1 hour + before he finally gets to leave?
>>
>>16451043
Like I said, people don't often know exactly how long they'll be. I've been on a train where they've told us it's delayed by 5 minutes and it ends up being 20 minutes. Like I'm saying, for the third time, we don't know why she was late. And he could have called or texted when he felt she was getting too late. That's what any reasonable person would have done, and I think OP recognises that he's not the most reasonable person, given that he's asking if he overreacted

>Should he have sat down for 1 hour + before he finally gets to leave?
No one has said anything like ITT that but you.
>>
I once waited over an hour for a Taiwanese girl, she was amazing and I was very happy to meet her.

This is what life is like if you don't throw your toys out of the pram. Well, I won't insult you further OP but;

>I was super pissed

That is your problem, you could just not give a shit or wait patiently.

>as I was already going to be expected to foot the bill as the guy asking the girl out,

You should probably have a long look in the mirror and think about why you think she thinks that you're going to pay the bill. Maybe you should not bother with girls that want you to pay for everything? Just a CRAZY IDEA that JUST MIGHT WORK.

For all you fucking know she could have been coming with the idea that she had to pay for the full bill. If anyone intimately knows this girl, please do let us know if she felt that way or not.

>I figured the least she could do is show up on time or at least within the time frame that she gave me after the fact.

With that attitude, I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often for you.

>I feel kind of bad about it but I wanted others opinions on if I fucked up or not

I don't think you fucked up, I just think you've made a massive deal about nothing. Either wait patiently and don't hold it against her, or say fuck it and go.
>>
>>16451055
Op here

Unortunatelt i had really already been waiting an hour. I got off work at 3 and live an hour outside of the city so going home between work and the date was not an option. I hung around the city from 3 to 4:07 or so and then the extra 20 minutes made it even worse.

Every date ive gone on from tindr i pay the tab, its not something that ever even comes up. It is 100% expected from every girl ive gone out with and i have no idea how to not awkwardly bring that up.
>>
>>16451066
You having to wait around until 4:15 isn't her fault, and you can't get mad at her about it. Also if you don't want to pay for the date each time, stop meeting girls off Tinder. Half the girls on Tinder are there just for the free meals.
>>
Oh lol. I love the comments that says it's not her fault for being late- but it's totally your fault for standing her up.

The amount of irony these omega bitch spew out is insulting
>>
>>16450939
>making someone wait for an hour and a half

This makes you a shit person. Either you cancel you fucking be there 30 minutes late at the most.
>>
>>16451110
Where the fuck are you getting an hour and a half from? They agreed to meet at 4, she turned up at 4:34, just under 20 minutes late since she said she'd be 10-15 minutes late.
>>
>>16450900
Her biggest "sin" was not being late, which might have been unavoidable, but in not giving you an explanation, either at the time ("I'm stuck in traffic," "My boss started talking and I couldn't break away," etc) or afterwards ("Sorry about that. My boss etc. Can we try again Friday?")

But it's a minor annoyance, not a major thing, and if she does contact you again or you feel like trying again, brush it off as over and forgotten.
>>
If a girl shows up 1,5 hours late and still there you've done nothing but prove you are a beta who has nothing meaningful to do and has no other options then her. Just never contact her again. You will, though.
>>
>>16450900
A note to several respondents from the grammar police:

The phrase is "would have," not "would of."

Just thought you might like to know.
>>
>>16451127
See >>16451111
Reading comprehension is really lax here
>>
The only thing you did wrong was not ringing her up and re-arranging the date. If she's a responsible person she'll be cool with it since there are times in our lives when we just run into emergencies.
>>
>>16451131
ahh no OP is confusing. She tells him at 3pm she's late, but OP doesn't mention the set time was 4
>>
>>16451144
>I asked a girl out on Sunday for today at 4:00
Literally the first sentence
>>
m8 pls why u so pissed? maybe she arrived a little late but that was not too late to leave wtf OP PLS
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.