[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would taking 60-80 pills of panadeine extra (500mg paracetamol,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: images (1).jpg (19KB, 451x326px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
19KB, 451x326px
Would taking 60-80 pills of panadeine extra (500mg paracetamol, 15mg codeine) guarantee death?
What would the side effects be of taking this many?
>>
It might. But geez; why, of all methods, are you going with that one? Paracetamol overdose is an exceptionally nasty way to go; you'll be in agony for days before your liver gives up its last.
>>
File: pusheen-sambraro.png (64KB, 900x519px) Image search: [Google]
pusheen-sambraro.png
64KB, 900x519px
>>16449746
Just go to Mexico
>>
Paracetamol is a nasty drug. You may poison yourself by mistake, but by the time you start feeling unwell you may be approaching the end of the (roughly) three-day window in which the antidote, acetylcysteine, can save you. Would-be suicides may take a handful of pills expecting to drift into a pleasant sleep, only to find that nothing happens. By the next day they may well have changed their minds about killing themselves – but it's too late: the drug, by then, is already doing its best to destroy their liver.
Paracetamol is a hepatotoxin. As it is processed by the body, one of its metabolites starts to destroy the cells of the liver. This gradually leads to liver failure and, in some cases, death. Paracetamol toxicity is the most common cause of acute liver failure in Britain. It is not a medication to be messed with.

If the patient is too late for the antidote (which is given through a drip usually), and does not receive an immediate liver transplant, then death is extremely painful – there may be constant vomiting combined with abdominal pain. Providing added horror, in the case of a half-hearted suicide, are the feelings of remorse, anger and foolishness that are likely to beset the victim. As I say, it is a nasty drug, and it is very foolish indeed to exceed the dose stated on the packet.
>>
+18002738255
National Suicide Prevention Hotline
>>
in my mothers words, you'd get sick of swallowing pills before you actually died.

You wont be able to consume enough to cause death, but if you don't throw up early enough you might be able to permanently fuck up your liver and you won't live long after, or you'll be a vegetable pretty much.
>>
>>16449746
You might not die but just develop snoo.
>>
>>16449746
This anon;
>>16450835
Please use this.
>>
>>16450895
You could always blend up the pills into a nice slurry and chug that shit.
>>
>>16449746
paracetamol is not going to kill you, it will just make you yellow and in terrible pain for the rest of your life (which wil have to be ended by something else entirely) It has absolutely no effect on anything other than the liver, which is an organ you can survive for some excruciating hours, perhaps days without.
paracetamol overdose is the most embarasing way to end up in the hospital cause it happens only to 15y/o fat girls who are to stupid to internet their plans. you sound very 15

get your hands on some barbiturates and REAL opioids like heroin or morphine, not shitty codeine and try again.
>>
>>16451250
????
Parecetamol does kill you if you OD

especially if taken with alcohol

Your liver cannot break down the toxic bi product caused by paracetamol when you take it
You will die of liver failure

Source : I'm an RN
>>
Wouldn't the codeine content kill first?
Slowing down cns then death when you just stop breathing

Don't do it anon
>>
>>16449766
I know it'll be painful and basically one of the worst ways to die, but at the moment it's just a matter of convenience (ie accessibility and a couple of other factors), and a possible back up plan.
>>
>>16451369
So you'd rather die in hospital strapped to machine in agony with a bunch of doctor prolonging your life?

Instead of changing and addressing the reasons that are making you suicidal, so you can enjoy life?
>>
>>16449800
Thank you for replying, and for the info.
I've overdosed on just paracetamol before and ended up in hospital with no real damage, had the antidote via IV and was out of hospital by the next night. However, this was around 5 years ago and I didn't take nearly as much as I have stocked up now.

I also OD'd in January from panadeine extra (codeine addict, currently in treatment but relapsed a few days ago), and was told that if I keep using as much as I was, my liver would fail within the year and I'd be dead because I don't qualify for a transplant.

The reason I posted the original question is pretty obvious, but I think I was also curious to know more about it and the affects a paracetamol overdose can have.

Thanks again

>>16451250
Nice try, but I'm not 15. Try harder next time.
>>
>>16451262
true, the metabolite napqi is hepatotoxic, but it takes long, it's painfull and you're not likely able to ingest such amounts.
Alcohol will actually slow down the production of NAPQI by the liver so it may save you rather than kill you in this case
anything can kill you, but paracetamol is one of the most unreliable and painfull ways to do so. Thrust me you'll end up embarased as fuck in the hospital and people will treat you as just another sad teen, it happens daily.

Your chances are better with plain alcohol desu, since you're 15 one bottle of vodka should be enough to choke in your sleep. still slim though as you're likely to vomit before choking but hey, at least you can enjoy being drunk and try again the next day without going trough the shit that paracetamol would get you into.

If you're serious though, get barbiturates or heroin. if you really want to die talking to shady people shouldn't scare you.
>>
>>16451388
Honestly, now that I know that amount of paracetamol won't 100% guarantee death, I could just go out and buy enough so it will. But that really just seems like a waste of money, and I know there are more efficient ways out there.

I've been working towards and trying to change and address why I feel like this for a long time, but after years of what is an emotional rollercoaster, I'm just done.
>>
>>16451405
why would you care about wasting money if you are going to kill youself anyways? oh wait, you don't really want to.
>>
>>16451167
What's snoo?
>>
>>16451840
Not much. What's snoo with you?
>>
>>16451369
gravity doesnt exist where you're from?
>>
>>16449746
What´s wrong. why will you kill yourself:(((
>>
>>16449746
I take it you're too retarded to know what Google is and how it works.
>>
>>16451417
because this is the best b8.
>>
>>16449746
High anon.
I can provide you wiith some actual knowledge because I'm an ex-addict of opioids.

Codeine has a ceiling dose of 400mg. It might off you, if you're lucky. Unlikely.
If you don't choke to death on your own vomit whilst asleep, and the respiratory depression doesn't kill you, the paracetamol will be a shitty way to go.
Use helium anon. It's more dignified.
>>
>>16452777
>My trips don't lie.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.