[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Black sink hole

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (398KB, 1884x1922px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
398KB, 1884x1922px
My sink started to fill up with water faster so I realized it was probably clogged. I removed the safety cap and saw this. What do I do? The drain plunger doesn't help. It doesn't smell but looks and very likely is potentialy dangerous. I tried picking stuff out but wasn't successful. What do I treat it with?

P.S. The apartment isn't mine and I've been here barely a month so it's not my fault and I can't pour anything into it.
>>
>>16449715
draino?
>>
1. Have roommate call the landlord
2. Get a long, skinny brush (like a bottle brush) dip it in bleach and scrub
3. Go to your local hardware store and ask for "air pressure drain cleaner"
- it's basically a high-pressure can of air with an end that completely covers the drain. When you press on it, it blasts the gunk away.
>>
OP here, I wrote that "I can't pour anything into it" but I meant to say that I can't pour every weird thing into it so it doesn't get fucked up. I can pour simple things, so if something still goes wrong it doesn't go too wrong.

>>16449720 Sorry I have no idea what's that, is it American? What's a good European version of it?

>>16449731 Thanks, man, I'll try it in the morning. That's realy helpful.
>>
>>16449782
I forgot to mention that sometimes a large pot of boiling water poured in the drain can sometimes help get rid of that stuff.
>>
>>16449715
Hey dude, i'm a plumber for a living. Where do you live?
>>
http://zipitclean.com

Works like magic if you can't pour stuff in. They sell them at Home Depot in the US, but you can probably find it (or something similar) in many countries.

Alternatively, get a big bottle of white vinegar and pour that down the drain. This can take a while to work its way through, but it should help.
>>
>>16449715
You probably just need to replace the downspout if it's that fucked up, but if the downspout is that caked, the u-bend is probably worse.
I would replace all the drain plumbing from the sink to the main drain line, but if you want you to do shit quick any drain-o/heated drain cleaned will probably do the trick.
>>
>>16449782 I'm writing all of this down, thanks
>>16449715 north Croatia atm, came here for college a month ago.
>>16449848 Shit I forgot about vinegar completely, I use it for everything, can't believe I forgot about it, I used to clean toilets with it, the absolute champion among all pricy cleaning products, better than anything else. Thanks man.
>>
>>16449866 I'll let the landord fuck with it, me and my roomate came here a month ago and everything was fucked up, we already fixed more that we should've. We're not staying here for too long so I'm looking for quick solutions, but if turns out to be serious
>>
Jesus I'm so fucking tired that I replied to myself.

>>16449820 I'm writing all of this down, thanks
>>16449840 north Croatia atm, came here for college a month ago.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.