[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ok cupid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: okcupid logo.png (148KB, 629x662px) Image search: [Google]
okcupid logo.png
148KB, 629x662px
has anyone ever use OKC?
how did you like it?
any tips
>>
>>16447233
Not as good as finding someone irl.
>>
My buddy used it to find his current lady friend. He said it worked fine for him. They started off messagin each other, then met.
Just like any other dating website.
>>
theres an okc subreddit, i'd recommend getting your profile reviewed there to fine tune it
>>
bumpo for more info
>>
Been on it for a few years, dated a bunch of girls on there and banged a few more.

Only problem is I have completely forgotten how to flirt with girls from the point of meeting, I can only do it with girls I know a bit about who know a bit about me too..
>>
A pus dripping anus wart that only really hideous people use.
>>
>>16447233

I met my last girlfriend on there. I dumped her after a couple of months. I've been on a few dates with others.

I think the biggest downside is that you let yourself get caught up in match %s, or fall for the idea of a person rather than who they really are.

The big upsides are knowing that you're going into it talking to someone who is looking to date and you know you have some degree of common interests with. Unlike a bar, where you're solely going off of attraction, and that person might be seeing someone, uninterested in dating someone, or totally uninteresting.
>>
My experience

>send thoughtful messages
>get maybe 1/20 replies
>message back and forth a bit
>get their phone number
>organize a time to meet
>they cancel at the last minute
>repeat forever
>>
Used it for a while. I liked it quite a lot. It offered a hell of a lot for zero money, as long as you were wily in using it. (For example, never turn on that whole privacy mode thing. You want to people to know you've visited their profile so that they look at yours. You also want to know when others have visited so you can "star" them. If two people "star" each other, neither needs to be paying to get the alert that they've matched.)

In general my tips are:
- get a great photo, it helps immeasurably
- make your profile about your lifestyle activities
- keep your profile fairly short
- write very nicely (good grammar, mechanics, etc.) in your messages
- focus on humor in your messages; save "get to know you" and compliments for the date
- target your humor toward some joke which this other person cracked in their profile; play along
- remember that "dating site" is a misnomer; you don't date on the site, so don't spend too much time exchanging messages
- have the confidence to disappear the moment you realize that this person has no interest in ever actually meeting; 50% of users don't
- at least before your first date, read their fucking answered questions (the ones which determine match %) and pay attention
>>
Remember it's a site for dating not Facebook. So once you start a conversation going cut to the chase and ask for a date early to prevent disappointment should you become invested in them or they be snapped up by someone else moving quicker. I asked my gf out with about the third message I think.
>>
File: fuokc.png (3KB, 563x102px) Image search: [Google]
fuokc.png
3KB, 563x102px
Fuck that site. Over 200 questions and it gives me this.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.