[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I leave? My boyfriend got really drunk last night and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (61KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 640x960px
Should I leave? My boyfriend got really drunk last night and broke something of mine. He also yelled at me, called me a bitch, that we should break up because I left him alone, (we're on holidays in a different country) which scared him because he didn't know how to get back to the hotel. He stood over me and pushed me against a wall and almost had a fight with another guy because he saw what was happening to me. An old man even tried to calm him down. He caused such a huge scene and he knows how embarrassing that makes me. When he sobered he apologised and said he won't drink again. He's acted very emotional before but it's only happened 3 times in our 6 year relationship. Please help. I am so depressed and don't know what to do.
>>
Op here. I should add he's gone out to replace what he broke of mine and will be back anytime. Does that make him good?
>>
I think you know how glaringly obvious these red flags are. These occurances and infrequent now but they'll increase over time
Him being verbally abusive when drug and then making up for it does not make him good.
If he proves to you that he won't drink and treats you with the respect you deserve, then stay with him.
If he doesn't, I think you know what to do.
>>
Give him one chance to give up drinking. Make it very, very clear that you are done with him if he drinks again. And please, stick to that promise if he does lapse. Don't turn into my mother and keep giving him chances, one is enough.
>>
break up with him
das it
>>
>>16447117
I would. I don't know the guy, obviously he's going through some things or has problems but if he's getting abusive and breaking things I things.
>>
>>16447126
I knew someone once that was dating a crazy bitch. One time she completely ruined a daytrip they were on by throwing a tantrum for no reason and forcing them to go home before the day had even started. A few days later she bought him a fruit basket as an apology. It was a nice basket. But it (and experience from before that incident) made me realize about her: she was good at apologizing because she had become very experienced with fucking shit up, and had made an art of apologizing. And as I predicted at the time, she continued to fuck up and throw fits frequently, until finally they had to break up.

Everyone makes mistakes. Giving a sincere apology and trying to set things right afterwards is good. But, if people don't actually grow and learn from their mistakes and learn to prevent them from happening as much in the future, all the nice apologetic gestures in the world mean nothing.

What I'm saying is, no, replacing your thing isn't necessarily what makes him good. If he doesn't do this again and break your things after this, that's the good part.
>>
>>16447117
it seems he has a problem keeping control when drunk, does he get drunk often enough for this to be a problem? Is he such an asshole often? My advice would be dump him regardless for what happened alone, but for making this thread you must want to look at both points perspectives
>>
Hey OP i am the drunkard boyfriend that ruins shit.
I went on a drinking every day spree for two years. My girlfriend was great and put up with all my shit, they were a sad couple of years but after i got over my drinking things got good.

My girlfriend was loyal and put up with it, tried her best to help me, if he is not worth your time then leave him. But if you stay it'l really show your love for him.

Make sure he really is sorry, don't banish him from alcohol but at least make sure to remind him of what happened next time he starts drinking, if he drinks too much give him a warning, and if he ignores it, leave the area, if he stays then i would say you have good reason to leave him, if he leaves and goes after you then it proves he is willing to keep up his end of the bargain.
>>
>>16447117
>holiday
>anger problems

Why is it that British youths have so much pent up anger? And yeah OP break up with the wanker, you don't deserve to be the victim of domestic abuse
>>
>>16447117

Red flag, dump him

Also when was the last time you cheated on him?
>>
For one this has occurred three times already. Frankly once is enough and you are on the fourth time now. Did he say he was going to clean up his act the previous three times? How long did that last for?

Imagine a few years from now, you're at home with your two young children. He comes home and tells you he's been fired or the company has folded. He starts looking for work, it isn't easy and he has a wife and children to support. He starts to get depressed, he starts to drink.

What you gonna do then?

This is the fourth time by your own admission, you are starting to look dumb.
>>
>>16447117
3 times in a 6 year relationship?

Im inclined to say no, unless hes ever physically hurt you
You need to understand that EVERYBODY has their demons, some are better at hiding them then others, some have more, some have less, but everyone has them, he shouldnt take it out on you, granted, but still
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.