[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was shopping around online looking for health insurance and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

I was shopping around online looking for health insurance and to understand what health insurance costs for my future (I'm 21) and I didn't realize I put my information in a system or anything but now a bunch of health insurance companies keep calling me and I keep saying "Sorry, I didn't realize I had subscribed to anything or requested information. I have health insurance already and was just looking around, thank you."

Anything I can do here or should I just keep on answering the calls like this?
I don't know where it's coming from because I never made a log in or anything.
>>
I know it's not like a big problem but bump.
>>
That's what happens when you do those online things.

Often times, these sites ask you to put information and then they give you details. They use that information to call you and persuade you.

When they call them, you tell them you already have a good insurance and that you want to please be put on their don't call list.

Alternatively, just look at your damn phone and if you don't recognize the number, just don't pick up. They'll stop calling after awhile.
>>
>>16445536
I don't know if it will help anything, but make sure your name and number on on the Do Not Call registry. That will help a little.
Otherwise, the place you did sign up at, do you know where it was? Can you contact them to take you off any mailing/subscriber lists? Unfortunately, if they already sold or shared your information with a third party, you're probably screwed. You just have to be persistent and ask to be removed from their call list. I know it doesn't help all the time, but it helps some times.
>>
I just got another call.

Am I making a mistake for my future by saying "No thank you, I'm not looking for anything at this time." ?
>>
>>16445536

they are legally obligated to remove you from the list if you say "please remove me from your list".

like a spam folder it is salvagable, but you ahve to take the time to address each corporation individually as they bug you
>>
>>16445618
Ok. But it's a lot of companies calling I think. For the next one, I will say to add me to a list like that.

I could have sworn all I did was fill out a "calculator" to see what kinds of rates I would be paying IF I started covering my own health insurance after I graduate.

Unfortunately, I'm waiting for calls from a potential employer for something unrelated so I can't just ignore unknown calls at the moment.

>>16445619
I don't know, no. It might have been healthcare.gov just out of curiosity to see what kinds of options they had, but I didn't register or apply for anything,
I tried going back and there doesn't seem like anything I can do because I never made a log in, so there's nothing to log in to and change the settings for. So I guess I just have to turn down each company.
>>
>>16445632

no, but you should add "please remove me from your list" otherwise they can just call you later. if you ask for them to remove you from the list, they are legally obligated.

but no, they wont deny you service later for denying them the service now. they still want your money, even if its in the future
>>
>>16445636
I can actually do that.

I just want to clarify. This isn't something that would have a negative impact on me later when I AM looking for low insurance rates, right?
>>
>>16445644

jesus, no you are such a worry wart, do you think the insurance industry would succeed if they black listed anyone who turned down spam? think about it anon, they are going to want your money whenever it is you give it to them. why would they burn such a bridge?

imagine if a restaurant refused to let you eat there becuase one night you ate across the street? absolute madness.

i get it though you're young and new to this and worried about everything piling on you, so try to just take a deep breath and think logically.
>>
>>16445656
Thank you
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.