[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How painful is it to hang yourself?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: suicide_2439218f.jpg (14KB, 636x477px) Image search: [Google]
suicide_2439218f.jpg
14KB, 636x477px
How painful is it to hang yourself?
>>
Depends on how far you drop from
>>
>>16442820
I did it once and it did not hurt at all.
>>
Depends on where you tie the noose, senpai.

Tie it around your tip and swing around the room like a monkey.
>>
It depends. A proper long-drop hanging is actually pretty quick and painless. The rope breaks your neck, your spine separates, and you die right away. Incidentally, this is also why you shouldn't move someone if you think their back or neck is broken. Leave that to the pros.

But a long-drop hanging is impractical in most suicide situations. You've got to have a fair amount of vertical space, a decently strong rope, good knot-tying skills, and some fairly complex math. So most suicide situations go with a short-drop hanging, but that's a really nasty way to go. This is how most people imagine hangings must go: you slowly suffocate while the rope crushes and cuts. Not pretty at all.
>>
Extremely painful
>>
>>16442820
Don't do that. Whatever problem you are having is not worth it.

Not only that, you will shit everywhere, piss yourself, and be a complete mess. Your eyes can pop out too.
>>
>>16443007
what if you're a big guy?
>>
>>16443007
You're a big guy.
>>
>>16442909
Oh shit sorry guys I forgot I made this thread, it would be short drop.

>>16443015
Can my eyes pop out if I close this?
>>
Personally seen the effects of a short-drop hanging.
I'm not going to try reason with you >>16443015
, but i'd assume u know that suicide is not the way forward (that is all i'll say on the matter)

However, even a thick rope will cut into the neck and if left in place (ie, not found soon after the attempt) will begin to break down the tissues of the neck.
Eyes have been know to pop.
Also, you will be awake and conscious for longer than you could possibly imagine, but helpless as gross motor muscle movements will be greatly deteriorated.

Hope life takes a more positive turn for you soon
>>
Read up on it.

In execution by hanging, they made it so the rope would break your neck from the fall.

Choking yourself to death is a slow, painful death. Only in failed hangings, people actually had to go this way.
>>
File: 1434355911813.jpg (58KB, 956x704px) Image search: [Google]
1434355911813.jpg
58KB, 956x704px
>>16443026
>>16443023
4u
>>
>>16443397
This. It was considered a failing by the executor if the hanging wasn't clean due to the extensive suffering that resulted, and without a long fall to snap the neck it will not be clean.
>>
>>16443391
>I'm not going to try reason with you

What is that supposed to mean? Your description is a drawn out version of my initial response.
>>
>>16443474
sorry wasn't directing that at u, was for OP...i was merely pointing out there is no need to reason with OP.
Yes was adding depth to your description from my experiences. was in no way a criticism of your post x
>>
>>16443484
No worries.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.