[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I notice with certain friends, whether they're a roommate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: endmylife.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
endmylife.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
I notice with certain friends, whether they're a roommate or someone I chill with on a regular basis we eventually get on each others nerves quicker than other ones. But whenever I take a break from their presence the tension dies down. I'm not sure if this is coming across clearly, but does anyone else notice themselves? What would you call these type of friends?
>>
>>16437125

im not sure if they have a word for it, but its sort of the inverse of 'best friends'.

this isn't horribly unusual. personalities mesh differently. some people EVERYONE loves to be around. some people NO ONE likes to be around.

most people are somewhere in the middle, and there is a cut off point. ideally whoever you live with, romantically or platonically, should be someone you can stand to be around all the time.

but yeah, not sure about the name. i certainly have that. i have one friend i think i could spend a weekend with, but most of the time i want to zone out by myself to collect myself. introvert in that sense.
>>
>>16437136
Yeah, I definitely should of taken that into consideration with my roommates this year round. It reminds me of siblings, and I almost feel like I could just jump at them like when I was a little kid with my family.
>>
>>16437152
To add on, sometimes I see one of them like how my older brother used to pester me all the time, except we're in the same grade. It's strange seeing that 2-3 year age difference having less relevance as you get older.
>>
>>16437152

lol siblings was something i was going to say, its basically like that.

finding a roommate is hard cuz just because you are good friends doesnt mean it will work. its the little things that ruin it, not the big ones. like how often they sweep.
>>
>>16437160
Not even just that, I start to hate personalities until I can't stand to even here the way they talk.
>>
>>16437169

thats common with roommates. i had one move in, we became best bros fast, but after like 8 months he would sit there and refuse to acknowledge me when i was talking to him. annoying as shit.
>>
>>16437125
I realized that with my best friend we can do about 3 solid days together before we start to piss each other off, actually with two of my best friends it's like them. (known them 18 and 16 years), but with my spouse, luckily we've spent solid months upon months together either being employed and never gotten sick of each other. That's the catch (been together 15 years.)
>>
>>16437213

relationships have sex which is an interesting bonding mechanism that can make the provlesm and stress and burn out disappear, if only for a little while. cant bang ur friends. or you could i mean but you know.
>>
>>16437222
I suppose you're right. I've never fucked my friends. So I don't think I'm abnormal, but I've done a lot of traveling with friends, and with my best 3 solid 24/hour days is pretty much the limit. So if you're hanging out with someone most of the day every day, yeah you'll eventually piss each other off... I guess if you're not fucking?

It kind of makes sense. Every time my husband gets on my nerves (or vise versa) I find that fucking him solves the problem 99 times out of 100. Secret of a long relationship imo desu
>>
>>16437230

yeah i never really thought of that but it seems to be true. i mean its a bandaid but if the problems are small it works. its probably evolution.

we need to be able to stand the people we have sex with so we can protect them / the children they bear.

its the reason people do not find their own kids as cute as others. humans have this weird urge to squeeze things that are cute, or hug them REALLY tightly. this is so that wed accidentally kill cute innocent things that distract us, as big scary things close into eat us.

but to counter act that, we cant find our own kids cute, so science does its thing.

life is cool.
>>
>>16437222
OP here, I've fucked one of my friends, and I saw that mechanism wear off. A relationship adds love to the picture that blurs your sense of if their presence is really good for you.
>>
Its normal to get sick of friends after hanging out for long periods. Back in the day I would let friends bring their computers over and LAN it up at my house for the weekend. Usually around the 2nd or 3rd day we would start getting on each others nerves and I'd basically kick everyone out.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.