[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I won $20 on a scratch-off lottery card, but the lady behind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

So I won $20 on a scratch-off lottery card, but the lady behind the register gave me $50 instead.

I took the money and bolted out of there, but now I feel like a fucking scumbag.

Am I stupid for feeling this type of guilt?
>>
No, it shows that you are, deep down, a decent human being.

You know what you have to do now...
>>
>>16436833
You should return it if you feel bad about it. You'll feel better and the lady will have some respect for you for doing so and might even give you a new lotto card for being honest.
>>
>>16436854
>>16436858
It's far past that point. This happened about 5 hours ago.

I drove home convincing myself that this was just part of the whole process of luck.

What can I do to repent for what I've done? Should I use this $30 to my advantage or should I do something else with it?
>>
>>16436925
Well I mean, you could give it to a beggar? Idk. I'd probably just spend it and if you believe in karma, except your punishment, and move on. Next time, fix the mistake instead of just going with it
>>
The woman will get shat on by her boss, possibly fired.

Return the money if the world hasn't done a good enough job yet of beating out the sympathy you have for people like her. Trust me, it will happen sooner or later and when it does you will regret bringing the money back.
>>
>>16436956
Shit, meant **accept
>>
>>16436958
Because of 30 fucking dollars? I doubt the boss would even find out

If this is the case though, OP, you should definitely send it back
>>
>>16436963
Not that anon.

But she will surely get in trouble. Fired? No, unless she has a habit of fucking up and it becomes an excuse to fire her.

If you've ever worked a register before you know that you count it in when you start and count it out when your shift is over. Some places will reprimand you over cents missing.
>>
>>16436963
The computer finds out.

I walk to the liquor store a lot to buy liquor, whenever I enter at odd hours the cashiers are talking about how much their boss shouts at them. Any little thing will surely become the reason of the day for threatening to fire them.

Also where I live (California) there is a huge wave of minimum wage earners giving free stuff to friends&family at their employers' expense. Anyone handing a person extra money would be suspected of this - you wouldn't believe how much damage the practice does when left unsupervised.
>>
I would return it if you can. If it was just a few dollars, it wouldn't be a big deal. But $30? Unless that store doesn't count tills and doesn't care about money missing, they're going to notice $30. I've seen people fired over a few dollars and it's a terrible feeling. It depends on how much of a jerk the boss wants to be, really.
>>
>>16436963
People actually get fired for over changing or under changing people. As 5 years of cashier experience I've seen it happen. Even it it's a simple mistake they still do get fired regardless.
>>
>>16436833
You stole $30 from that woman personally.

The store's contract with the lottery people says they pay out smaller winnings and then get repaid by the lottery. The lottery will pay $20 for that ticket, and she has to make up the rest.

How do you feel about that? Your answer will tell you what kind of person you are.
>>
So what? She fucked up, not you. Frankly if she's working an entry level job and manages to fuck up that badly, she deserves to be fired. She's working that type of job, she'd find another one easily. So don't sweat it.
>>
>>16437528
This asscancer gets it. She fucked up, she basically robbed her employer, her employer will kick her to the curb even though it only represents a few hours worth of her pay. Then the minimum wage grunt industry will slowly feel the withdrawal symptoms biting, and hire her back a day later.

They need the extra hands more than crackheads need the paycheck. Crackheads get their fix; bosses get their fortune. If crackheads can't get their fix through minimum wage then they'll just get it through stealing so clearly the boss is holding the shorter end of the stick.
>>
Just return it and say you were in a hurry and didn't check the first time. She will appreciate your honesty.

Is $30 worth feeling this bad over? It's a bit cheap of you.
>>
As someone who manages a store, we count the register after every shift.
If there is more than $3.00 missing (weird amount I know), then they get a warning.
The second time it's a firing.
It's just company policy.
Do you really want to possibly risk this older woman's job?

Once, when I was making my way up and working the register, I gave someone $21.00 in change instead of $12.00 (I have dyslexia so I always need to double or triple check the change that the computer tells me to give). The people pointed out my mistake and I was so greatful for this I gave them my information and told them next time they were in I would give them my employee discount.
>>
>>16436925
>me as a young kid walking with a friend
>friend saw a wallet somewhere off the sidewalk
>$1000 cash in there and the guys drivers license and shit.
>friend asks me what to do
>we walked to his address on the license and he was home
>gave us $100 and we fucked off
It was worth it. I was concerned cause fuck the DMV man he needed his license and I didnt wanna lie about not finding any money.

If i were you i'd go back tomorrow and mention it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.