[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

cannabis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: the-sword-of-doom-samurai-cinema.jpg (761KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
the-sword-of-doom-samurai-cinema.jpg
761KB, 1920x1080px
why does it seem like everyone smokes weed? obviously i know not everyone but it seems like all entertainers, musicians etc are daily smokers and consider it absolutely vital to their whole lifestyle and mindset.

i hate the dependency aspect of it all, that without smoking some plant you can't feel good or enjoy things or be creative or think deeply. how can people be so comfortable being so reliant on something so transient, so impermanent, disappearing as soon as it begins?

i know so many people who rely on weed to handle everything in their lives, the concept of solving a personal issue soberly solely by thinking is totally alien to them, they need to drug themselves into a stoned stupor to feel better.

rather than making me embrace it, it really turns me off and induces a deep sense of disillusionment towards it. i don't want to be dependent on weed, i don't want to be creative or whatever if i can't be like that without it. i'd be plagued by doubts: is it me or the weed? if i can't do this sober, what does that mean? if i can only accomplish something high, or "be" a certain way because i'm high, then it's not a personal attainment, it's entirely dependent on the drug.

does ANYONE here agree with me and this way of thinking? i'd honestly rather be bored, depressed, devoid of pleasure than getting my kicks from inhaling smoke and thereby becoming dependent on it. all my stoner friends are veritable buddhas when they're stoned but ill tempered bastards the minute they come down and run out. then they desperately call their contacts looking for more.

to me, it seems like an unwise lifestyle choice in the longterm view. shouldn't we be developing coping mechanisms that rely on nothing but our own thinking rather than an external thing like drugs? if anxiety or depression is caused due to a problem in my lifestyle, then drugging myself will only mask the symptoms, not solve the fundamental problem. how can people be so deceived by this?
>>
It's a cheap way to avoid emotional issues. Also, it makes things funny as fuck
>>
I unregularly smoke it and I feel like a degenerate when I do. It does feel good but it's not worth the risk here in England to smoke it.
>>
>>16435706
What advice are you asking for? This board is to ask for advice. If you don't like weed, don't smoke it. Are you actually high right now? Your post is garbage
>>
hey dude, i get it. I have never smoked weed myself. Since I live in los angeles I have acquired a 'taste' for the smell.

your mindset was essentially mine not too long ago. To be honest I still can't 100% accept weed as a good idea. it feels wrong, but i like to think that people can grow beyond their roots. I like to think that the only reason i see it as wrong (as in, moreso than alcohol) is just cuz i was raised to believe it was. and I don't want to be like those hardcore christians who hate gays, or one of those old people that are racist.

so while I can't really remove my internalized hatred for pot and pot smokers, I can make sure i never vote /against/ it. it makes me sad to think of a society where people are always high. Like Imagine what all those sitcoms would look like if everyone was high. the thought makes me uncomfortable.

but my roommate smokes weed, most of my friends smoke weed, the guy im dating smokes weed, etc. but none of them are stoners. most of them ive never seen smoke and of my main group of friends, im the one who is most likely to show up to an event with a mind altering substance, I just use booze instead of pot. so i dont think im really any better or worse.

I do find certain stoner hippie type guys to be REALLY hot even if its 99% pretention from them. the idea of a blazed out chill cutie gets me going.

but in reality someone who smokes pot every day cannot be much in terms of a long term friend, the same way i couldn't deal with someone who needed to drink 24/7. i remember when i first got into film school i found a group of creative people and attempted to organize them into productions. I'm very goal oriented and have self produced a lot of intense shit over the years.

but these guys would come home from class, immediately get high, and were happy to talk about scripts and productions but never actually do anything. the pot ruined that drive in them. and since graduating they havent done anything either.
>>
If you want some assurance that your viewpoint is a valid one, well, it is, and it's a totally okay one to act on, although you can expect to be lectured by morons who just don't get why smoke in your lungs and psychological dependencies are bad or that weed causes that.

Of course, I don't like drugs in general. I don't even drink non-decaf coffee unless I really need to, and quite frankly altering the state of my consciousness in any way scares me. If I can't be a decent person without a drug, then I'm not a decent person at all.
>>
>>16435742
WOAH, you're telling me people who went to FILM SCHOOL didnt make much of themselves? Do go on....
>>
>>16435724
Chill out dude.

>>16435706
I think that people who rely on drugs to get through life are weak, and find those who are users generally more obnoxious when high. 100% agree that we shouldn't rely on external substances but to argue the other side many people are reliant on coffee to get through their work day.

So yeah I'm with you. Smells awful as well.
>>
>>16435754

>cant even drink coffee

are you me? i never understood why people need coffee to start their day, just drink water.

the only time i drink coffee is when i need to stay up an extra 24 hours.
>>
>>16435760

if you wanna be a twat, at least take note that these film students were comparatively worse than others. say what you will but i had already been working on my web show (not a shitty vlog, but an actual scripted series) for 4 years at that point, and have continued producing indie content since then. im sure you're the pinnacle of success but im good at what i do and i actually do it.
>>
>>16435706
>does ANYONE here agree with me and this way of thinking?
google "straightedge"
>i'd honestly rather be bored, depressed, devoid of pleasure than getting my kicks from inhaling smoke and thereby becoming dependent on it
yes, that is exactly what straightedge fags think.
>>
>>16435774
Post link to this "show" then so we can share in your success friend!
>>
File: 1427949796740.jpg (53KB, 445x438px) Image search: [Google]
1427949796740.jpg
53KB, 445x438px
>>16435796

>let me insult your work

tempting offer
>>
>>16435804
Im sure it's top notch ;)
>>
>>16435816

as long as it pays the bills.
>>
>>16435742
>Imagine what all those sitcoms would look like if everyone was high.
High or not, sitcoms are garbage. You sound like a soccer mom.
>>
File: 1441657019439.jpg (23KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
1441657019439.jpg
23KB, 460x460px
>>16435833

well thats just like, your opinion man.
>>
>>16435837
Yeah? I did type it out. Who's opinion was it supposed to be?
>>
>why does it seem like everyone smokes weed? obviously i know not everyone but it seems like all entertainers, musicians etc are daily smokers and consider it absolutely vital to their whole lifestyle and mindset.

Weed does for life, what alcohol does your first year or so of drinking alcohol. And then, following that, weed does not do for the rest of your life what alcohol does for the rest of your life.

/didn't read rest of post
/didn't read the usual antiweedbot posts either
>>
>>16435724
stoner in denial of his dependency spotted
>>
>i'd honestly rather be bored, depressed, devoid of pleasure than getting my kicks from inhaling smoke and thereby becoming dependent on it

You are either stupid or have no self-control.

If you think there's anything on this Earth that's set to make you dependent after trying it once, or even 5 times, you'd be wrong about heroin, let alone cannabis, and therefore an idiot.

Alternatively, perhaps you're right in making this appraisal of your will-power, but then I'd say your bigger problem is piss-poor will power.

> if anxiety or depression is caused due to a problem in my lifestyle, then drugging myself will only mask the symptoms, not solve the fundamental problem

The anxiety and depression are the fundamental problems. There doesn't have to have a traumatic trigger for these conditions or something that can be just eradicated by "trying hard enough". It is stupid to think you can deny someone their treatment (and I'm not talking about weed) just because you're too fucking myopic to think a little deeper.

>shouldn't we be developing coping mechanisms that rely on nothing but our own thinking rather than an external thing like drugs

You heard it, doc, stop giving your patients morphine. Why stop there, schizos don't need their anti-psychotics anymore either. "How can people be so deceived by" your bullshit OP?
>>
>>16436386
but as for your initial concerns:

> obviously i know not everyone but it seems like all entertainers, musicians etc are daily smokers and consider it absolutely vital to their whole lifestyle and mindset.

Yeah and I'd say it seems you are very out of touch with reality if you think this. Man, I sure as hell hope this stupidly wrong assumption doesn't influence the rest of your opinions.

>how can people be so comfortable being so reliant on something so transient, so impermanent, disappearing as soon as it begins?

They are short-sighted and impulsive. Unless they're people you really care about (friends, family), try and just ignore them and be proud that you aren't that way.

> rather than making me embrace it, it really turns me off and induces a deep sense of disillusionment towards it

Why is "it" always the actor? Why can't you as a person do anything, or at least cooperate with it? You realize that you still have a sense of choice and judgment when you're high and it's not "lord kush take the wheel!" Stop giving all the responsibility to a fucking plant and give it to the user.

> i don't want to be dependent on weed, i don't want to be creative or whatever if i can't be like that without it. i'd be plagued by doubts: is it me or the weed? if i can't do this sober, what does that mean?

What this means is you are doubtful of yourself and don't trust yourself to make good decisions as an adult. You don't HAVE to be dependent to a debilitating point, but you also HAVE to have some minuscule capability of making your own good choices, which you seem totally afraid of and unprepared for.

> does ANYONE here agree with me and this way of thinking?
Of course they do, weed is still illegal and socially unacceptable, stop trying to fabricate your victim complex.
>>
>>16436407
> all my stoner friends are veritable buddhas when they're stoned but ill tempered bastards the minute they come down and run out. then they desperately call their contacts looking for more.

Then stop hanging around grumpy stupid addicts.

Let me ask you, OP, do you think that literally everyone that has smoked weed is addicted to it to the point that your friends are?

If your answer is no, then why are you treating it as if it consciously ruins the lives of everyone that comes into contact with it? People in general seem to have a very hard time accepting responsibility and putting consequences into their own hands when they can just blame something inanimate about their problems.
>>
>>16435709
this

op, if you really dont understand, look up and read about addiction

i used to smoke and quit because i realized it was making me dull and unmotivated
>>
Why is everyone so defensive over their weed?
>>
>>16436436
people get upset when others stick to their own way of thinking and refuse to see any point the other side makes
>>
File: 1428021741874.gif (2MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1428021741874.gif
2MB, 500x375px
>>16436386
>If you think there's anything on this Earth that's set to make you dependent after trying it once
>you'd be wrong about heroin
>>
>>16436456
Are you implying that heroin is guaranteed to make you dependent after the first try?
>>
>>16435706

I don't smoke, also have nothing against it. At this point I feel more unique by not smoking
>>
>>16436512
I'm implying that the term 'drug pusher' and phrase 'the first one is free' were both coined for very good reasons. Especially when talking about opioids.
>>
>>16436543
I've never used opioids and recommend that nobody ever use them recreationally, because they have a very high addictive potential. Notice that I said "very high", but not "absolute", a difference that OP needs to acknowledge.
>>
>>16435706
>why does it seem like everyone smokes weed?
Because the potheads try very, very hard to make it seem that way. It's an attempt to legitimize it via the bandwagon approach: everyone does it, so it is OK.
>>
I'm a musician and don't smoke, drink or do anything "fun". I also get shit done in a much faster pace than my label mates who do. It's their call, but I don't hide how I feel about their habits if asked directly. I think pot culture will really fuck society over, and I don't think it's 100% harmless either.

The worst part is when people try to justify it as a source of inspiration. Just say you like it, don't dress it up; anyone who needs something like this to do their job is at the very least incompetent.
>>
>>16435706
>rather than making me embrace it, it really turns me off and induces a deep sense of disillusionment towards it. i don't want to be dependent on weed, i don't want to be creative or whatever if i can't be like that without it. i'd be plagued by doubts: is it me or the weed?

Welcome to stoner "culture"

There are many of us who smoke, enjoy it, but never talk about it to people in person. We have jobs, social lives, and hobbies that don't involve weed. We understand that there is little to no addictive properties and are easily able to stop, but we don't go overboard.

That chill clean cut guy at your job? He probably smokes, but will never tell people. He is always awake and sober at work

The 35 year old mother of 3? She smoked in the past and might still do so. She keeps it away from her kids and in general keeps her habit on the down low.

That 60 year old dude who likes nature a bit too much? Total pothead back in the 70's. Toned it down in the 80's and kept the good traits of stoners while leaving the bad ones behind.

As someone who partakes I cannot stand stoner culture. Celebrities who openly admit to smoking are idiots. The obsession with concentrates and dabs makes us look like crack or heroin addicts. I would like to see it legalized so I no longer have to deal with shitty people.
>>
>>16435754
Of all the stupid shit said in this thread, "non-decaf coffee" takes the fucking cake. Side note, I smoke weed daily, manage a Goodwill and go to business school full time. Weed has nothing to do with the person. Maybe you haven't noticed, but humanity is evolving to be lazier and starting to emphasize "quality of life". Entitlement and leisure is running rampant in society and is much more of an influence of "moral decay" than any substance abuse. Humanity sucks, not drugs. Legalize it all.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.