[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I can't find work is there any reason why I shouldn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: maximgrill.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maximgrill.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
If I can't find work is there any reason why I shouldn't kill myself? Even people who fucked around in HS and got GEDs can get their lives together but I can't.
>>
I was a NEET for six years after high school and a hikikomori for two-three of those. I have a job now. If you can't find a job you've either not put yourself out there enough/gotten your lucky break yet or are approaching job hunting wrong (bad resume, etc.). Shit takes work,
time, luck, and sometimes connections. Be patient and willing to reevaluate what you're doing.
>>
You've applied for literally every job?
McDonalds?
Janitor work?
>>
My mother is a human resource manager and she says that the acceptance to even get an interview is like one in every 1000 resumes submitted. that might be off but you get the idea.

I remember it took me like a YEAR to get my first real job.

my recent job only took me like two weeks, but im managing an office for a psychic so yeah.

point is that you just gotta keep applying. everyone CAN get a job, it just takes time and some compromise sometimes.
>>
Really? "I can't find a job so I'll inconvenience everyone around me with my death and funeral"? GTF over yourself.

Just because it's a job you don't like doesn't mean you shouldn't work it. I'm sure your resume for a high paid position failed and you lost hope. Try starting from the bottom like everyone else.

My family was poor, divorced, emotionally abusive and I was able to acquire a 4 yr all paid scholarship with no REAL skills, and get a decent paying job. I'm 22.
>>
File: 1440674331005.jpg (1MB, 1859x2249px) Image search: [Google]
1440674331005.jpg
1MB, 1859x2249px
What is your level of schooling? I've got an hs diploma and currently looking for a job too with half decent pay. Have had one before in the past as well.

It just takes time. Don't give up!
>>
>>16435619
What a pussy. Yes, please, just do it.
>>
File: we gonna get some relics or what.jpg (123KB, 1130x900px) Image search: [Google]
we gonna get some relics or what.jpg
123KB, 1130x900px
>>16435645
yes.
>>16435680
HS diploma
>>16435659
>resume
I have nothing to my name except my diploma, and I've been applying purely for fast food, retail, and janitor work.
>>
>>16435619
If you're american, your only option is getting fit for military or becoming a hobo for life.
>>
>>16435699

Stay at home, apply for part time and/or volunteer positions. You need to get your name put there and build some relationships with people who can put in a good word for you or tell you about opportunities. At the very least, have a few months of volunteer work on your resume shows productive employers that you're actually willing to put in work.

Also, ask friends and family. My sister's friend (and now she's also my friend) got her first job out of school because I passed along her resume to HR. Both of us grew to dislike the company, but we ended up leaving and getting much better jobs because of the connections we got through work and friends.

Apply for everything - you're probably not getting retail and janitor jobs because those employers think you're over-qualified (meaning that they think you're going to jump ship quickly as soon as you find something different).
>>
>>16435650
>but im managing an office for a psychic so yeah.
So you're a charlatan's assistant?
>>
>>16435650
>everyone CAN get a job
How do you figure? Do you honestly think there are enough jobs out there for 100% of the population to be employed? If that was the case it wouldn't be so hard to get a job now would it?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.